805 users online (182 members and 623 guests)  

Websleuths News

Heart of Europe

Bride jilts groom for failing her wedding-day math test

Following last month's jilting of a groom who had a seizure, the wedding jinx of Uttar Pradesh state in India has struck again. Wednesday, at a wedding ceremony in a village near the town of Kanpur:

The bride tested the groom on his math skills and when he got the sum wrong, she walked out.

The question she asked: How much is 15 plus six?

His reply: 17.

...The groom's family tried persuading the bride to return, but she refused...

"The groom's family kept us in the dark about his poor education," said Mohar Singh, the bride's father. "Even a first grader can answer this."
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links

Upstate NY
    Might have saved me a couple marriages if I'd have been quizzed on algebra at the altar.

well good for her.. being saved from marrying a complete stranger she doesn't know anything about isn't all bad

Well, can't say that I blame her. 17+6 is not too difficult a problem. He could have used his fingers and still got it wrong.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

East Tennessee
    If only more American women made their potential mate prior to mating, take some exam or have any standards, there would be a lot fewer threads on our beloved site!
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

I think she made a fair call, good to know these things before tying the knot
    Neither the state nor the defense team are saints, and there is usually plenty of incompetence to go around on both sides of the courtroom.

land of most amazing sunsets
    how appropriate for Pi Day
    Just My Opinion