785 users online (71 members and 714 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    duplicate
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

'Killing Fields' victims' DNA to be extracted, may help lead to their identities
    March 25, 2014
    "Our fault, but we rectified that by having the bones taken to North Texas. DNA is going to be extracted. The girls are going to be fed into CODIS," League City Det. Morton Grant said.
    They are just now getting around to doing that??

November 7, 2011
    The remains of the women -- dubbed Jane and Janet Doe -- were found in the "killing fields" of League City, where two of the killer's other victims, who have been identified, were found.

The bodies of Jane and Janet Doe have been in a box at the Galveston County morgue, their identities unknown.

But League City Police Detectives Bryan Campbell and Marty Grant discovered recently DNA extracted from the unidentified remains in the 1990s was not being compared with submissions to the state's Missing Person DNA data bank, started in 2003, the Houston Chronicle reported Monday.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Dawnia Howard went missing from San Antonio in December of 1985. At 5'2", 120 lbs and 28 years old could she be Janet Doe?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8547/0/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Mom View Post
    Dawnia Howard went missing from San Antonio in December of 1985. At 5'2", 120 lbs and 28 years old could she be Janet Doe?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8547/0/
    She could be an easy rule out if there was dental information on her, if I remember correctly Janet Doe had upper dentures..wonder if there is any info out there about Dawnia's teeth??
    Who is Walker County Jane Doe?

"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you." Genesis 28:15

The "Killing Fields" are now owned by a church. They have conquered the lands evil past with God's greatness. The area containing the crosses for Jane, Janet, Laura Miller and Heidi Fye will remain untouched.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

Stephanie Douglas

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...stephanie.html

Petite, and she wore dentures.

"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you." Genesis 28:15

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssav View Post
    Stephanie Douglas

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...stephanie.html

Petite, and she wore dentures.
    Good find!!!! "They" say Janet was a prostitute with green eyes. Check on age, and height, weight, and denture. Lyssav, when you turn this in to Dr D. would you have her add the new sketch to NamUs. Thanx

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19387/5/

New sketch?

I have read the thing about Janet having green eyes, isn't that pretty recent information that came from someone who got the information from a prison inmate?

Stephanie was a lucky find, I rarely find any missing women from that time period that were known to have dentures. Also sounds like Stephanie was involved in some pretty risky activity an probably feared for her life at some point, big question is did she leave on her own accord and possibly decide to hide out in Texas?

I am going to send her profile over to Dr. D now, hopefully she is checking her emails this weekend!

Google My Look Into The Texas Killing Fields
    It isn't about money, it's just the right thing to do

1986 Jane Doe?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

She would fall in the age range, same hair color, gap between upper front teeth, I see similarities in the bridge of the nose and eye area as well.

ETA: Roxann was recently entered into namus and DNA is currently being run through the system.

According to letters written by a suspect in the killing fields, he said the girls were held down under the water in a swimming pool and that they would squeeze them with their legs till they stopped breathing. You also have to remember that it was the Galveston county ME that was doing the autopsy and they have been famous for screwing up autopsies...

She has been on the blog, My Look Into The Texas Killing Fields, and the blogger had already contacted the PA state police...just FYI.

Interesting, because I contacted the blogger about the possible match and their latest post regarding Roxann doesn't credit anyone but themselves. Ouch.

No some <modsnip> from Equusearch was trying to say what they discovered by calling the news yesterday evening LOL
    Last edited by bessie; 03-15-2015 at 03:52 PM. Reason: rude

Google Phyllis E Berry, missing Terlingua Texas. The blogger put her up on the blog a little while back as well. SHe had a small gap in front teeth as well. I found out from Texas Rangers that DNA didnt match, but here's the question, if all the evidence from the killing fields turned up missing from 83 to 97, how can they have the DNA? This was testified by Pat Bittner in the Hedricks murder trial.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast