1458 users online (223 members and 1235 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

MA - Amanda Pavao, 16, New Bedford, 2 March 2015

Amanda Pavao

Police seeking public's help in search for missing New Bedford teen
    NEW BEDFORD — Police said Friday they're seeking the public's help in the search for 16-year-old Amanda Pavao, who has not been seen since March 2. Pavao is 5 feet, 5 inches tall and weighs 135 pounds, according to Detective Capt. Steven Vicente, the department's public information officer. She has brown eyes and black hair.

Detective Chris Cotter described the case as an ongoing investigation.

Maria Pavao, the teen's mother, said she has not seen her daughter, who is a junior in the HVAC shop at GNB Voc-Tech, since about 7:40 a.m. on March 2. She said she is very concerned about her daughter's safety and said she has never been missing before.
    http://www.southcoasttoday.com/artic...01193/NEWS0301
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    MISSING NEW BEDFORD TEEN:
    16-year old, Greater NB Voc Tech student Amanda Pavao has been missing since yesterday morning. She left her house at 7:40am to walk to catch her bus. Her mom says she never made it to the bus and is searching for her.

https://www.facebook.com/NewBedfordGuide
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    2 weeks missing, now. She missed her bus on her way school. Amanda's lipstick color Friday it is, to show respect as her loved ones ask.

My best guess, being the mother of a 16 year old girl, is she missed that bus on purpose and met someone for a pre-arranged ride. JMO
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by FindHG View Post
    2 weeks missing, now. She missed her bus on her way school. Amanda's lipstick color Friday it is, to show respect as her loved ones ask.
    Did you mean that color for people to wear? I can't do that - My wife will think I flipped!

The New Bedford Guide FB page reports that she "turned herself in" but was not arrested. (See above link)

Mother, police relieved at safe return of missing New Bedford teen

"Amanda Pavao contacted School Resource Officer Leanne Fisher, who is based at Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical High School, where Pavao is a junior. She turned herself in around 3:30 p.m., police said.

Voc-Tech Superintendent Director Linda Enos said the school planned to honor Fisher for the good work done. Fisher has been the school resource officer for at least five years, she said.
    “The whole purpose of having a resource officer is so they can develop relationships with students. This is just the epitome of what can happen,” Enos said. “Obviously she felt comfortable enough to reach out.”

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/artic...plate=printart