589 users online (84 members and 505 guests)  

Websleuths News

NJ - Madam Forced Teen Into Prostitution/had her beaten, 2005

Police say a South Jersey madam forced a 16-year-old runaway to become a prostitute.

Now the alleged leader of the prostitution ring is in custody and the teenager is back with her family.

Michelle Plaza, 29, is being held on $70,000 full bail.

The prosecutor's office said that she even advertised her illegal business in the local newspaper. They said that Plaza befriended the 16-year-old runaway in Camden, N.J., took her into her home and then forced her into prostitution.

Plaza squirmed and shuffled Friday as the assistant prosecutor read details of the charges against her.

"The juvenile indicated to police that Miss Plaza was well aware that she was a juvenile, 16 when she began," the assistant prosecutor said.

Authorities said that the 16-year-old called police after eight months of prostitution, allegedly for Plaza's illegal business. Prosecutors said that two days later the girl was attacked.

"(She) was essentially set up by the defendant to come out of her parents' residence where she had returned, where she was then severely beaten by a number of individuals who came at her from all directions," the assistant prosecutor said.

Officials said that the 16-year-old is in danger, indicating that Plaza wants revenge. They referred to a phone call that Plaza made to a friend.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Michelle Plaza

Date In Custody: 03/31/2006
    Date Out of Custody: 07/12/2006

Offense: Promote Prostitution of a Child
    Sentence: 4 years

oh you've got to be kidding me........

so not only is she a pimp but she is into contract (attempted) murder, and all shes got is a 100 days?

What?!?! Three and a half months? And what about the assault?! That is BS!

Yet another example of why so many drug traffickers are switching over to human trafficking - with the sentences so light it's almost like the courts are sanctioning it!

I would really like to know who the judge is in this case, but I haven't been able to find it. She was supposed to have a 4 years sentence, but was "released by the court." What is wrong with this picture? 3 months 12 days of a 4 year sentence. Sounds like some strings being pulled to me. Can someone else take a stab at finding the judge or prosecutor?