GUILTY UK - Janet Muller, 21, found dead in burning car, Ifield, Sussex, 13 March 2015

zwiebel

Reaction score
Police called to reports of a burning VW beside lfield golf club near Horsham, Sussex found a body inside the vehicle. After the discovery on Friday afternoon, a 32-year-old woman was arrested and held on charges of conspiracy to murder.

Police are trying to identify the body and asks anyone with information, or anyone who saw the VW Jetta, to contact:

Email Sussex police quoting Operation Maderia, call 101 or contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

http://www.sussex.police.uk/whats-h...hed-after-body-found-in-burning-car-in-ifield

http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/BREAKI...tory-26172184-detail/story.html#ixzz3UMGkL0SD

Thanks Ellmau, you told me in time to edit the mistake!

I kind of think they might have said if it was a child. Maybe I'm wrong.

The victim was a woman, thought to be in her 20s. Her identity is still not known. She died of smoke inhalation, sadly, which means she was alive as the car burned. :(

Detectives are looking for Christopher Raymond Jeffrey-Shaw after fire crews discovered the victim’s badly burnt corpse in the boot of a Volkswagen Jetta on Friday afternoon.

Sussex Police need to hear from anyone who knows of the 26-year-old’s whereabouts, or has any information about the south east Londoner.
Jeffrey-Shaw is described as six feet tall, of stocky build with dark hair, and has a stubbly goatee beard.

Police are urging anybody who sees him not to approach him but instead contact officers

Anyone with information should call Sussex police on 101 or email101@sussex.pnn.police.uk quoting Operation Maderia, or speak to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111

http://www.london24.com/news/crime/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 61
Oh wow - this is just a few miles up the road from me.

I haven't heard anything on local news?!?

I'll go and see what I can find out and maybe post back.

It seems very unusual to arrest someone before they know the identity of the victim.

It seems very unusual to arrest someone before they know the identity of the victim.

i think the '34 year old woman from Dulwich, London' they arrested on a charge of 'conspiracy to murder' has probably supplied information on both victim and the male they are seeking, as she has been released on bail until 30th March. They wouldn't normally bail someone that quickly on such a serious case, unless the individual had been very co-operative.

Man charged with murder of student, 21, found dead in boot of burned out car after she vanished from hospital

Detectives have charged a man with murdering a student who was found dead in the boot of a burned out car a day after going missing from hospital.

Christopher Jeffrey-Shaw, 26, is accused of killing Janet Muller, 21, a University of Brighton student who was studying at its Eastbourne campus in East Sussex.

Firefighters found her body in the back of a badly-burned Volkswagen Jetta, which had been dumped in a road by Ifield Golf Club near Horsham, West Sussex.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rned-car-vanished-hospital.html#ixzz3Wq9bwoc8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Man appears in court on murder charge after woman's body found in burned-out car's boot

The 26-year-old was remanded in custody and ordered to next appear before the judge on April 9.

Miss Müller was reported missing from Mill View Hospital in Hove the day before her body was found in Rusper Road, Ifield, shortly after 2.30pm on Friday.

Prosecutor Amy Packham told the court that the psychiatric hospital provided inpatient treatment for people with mental health and substance abuse problems.

It was not yet known how Miss Muller came to leave the hospital or her links to Jeffrey-Shaw.

A post-mortem examination revealed that Miss Müller, from Eastbourne, East Sussex, died as a result of smoke inhalation.

Detective Chief Inspector Karen Mizzi said: “Specially trained officers are supporting Janet’s family at this extremely difficult time.

“Although we have charged a man with murder, I am appealing for information from anyone who may have seen Janet on Thursday night. She was last seen at Mill View at 10.15pm.

“If anyone saw her leaving the hospital or walking in the area, we need to hear from you.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/man-appears-court-murder-charge-5366305

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christopher Jeffrey-Shaw to deny murder of Janet Müller, court hears

By Dave_Comeau | Posted: April 09, 2015

Jeffrey-Shaw, from Lakeside, in Beckenham, appeared via video link at today's hearing as dates for the plea and case management hearing and for the serving of court papers were discussed

He displayed clear signs of irritation and boredom, stroking his goatee beard, picking bits out of his teeth and even picking his nose while listening to the proceedings.

The only point at which he spoke was to confirm his name and when asked if he had heard and understood what had happened in court.

He replied: "Yes, I have."

As the judge told him he was remanded in custody at the end of the hearing, he simply nodded and got up to leave the room in which he was sitting.

Mr Saeed asked that his client be brought to court for the next hearing, rather than appearing via video link.

Read more: http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/Christ...tory-26308983-detail/story.html#ixzz3WqCOLavW

it would be interesting to know if her presence at the hospital was due to her health or related to employment or her studies

February 2016:

Christopher Jeffrey-Shaw: Man jailed for 17 years over student found burned to death in boot of a car

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/christopher-jeffrey-shaw-man-jailed-for-17-years-over-student-found-burned-to-death-in-boot-of-a-car-a6897536.html

A 27-year-old man has been jailed for 17 years for the "vile" manslaughter of a student who he burned to death in the boot of a car.

Christopher Jeffrey-Shaw, of Lakeside, Beckenham, south-east London, was found guilty at Guildford Crown Court of the manslaughter of German national and University of Brighton student Janet Muller, but cleared of the alternative charge of her murder.

Sentencing Jeffrey-Shaw, the judge, Mr Justice Jeremy Stuart-Smith, said that he rejected the defendant's account of the robbery and ruled that he had witnessed her being put in the car.

He added: "I cannot find, on the basis of the jury's verdict, he was responsible for the head injuries, but he knew she was in the boot."

Mr Justice Stuart-Smith told the defendant: "The only difference between you and a murderer is an extremely thin line."

He added: "Christopher Jeffrey-Shaw, the jury has convicted you of manslaughter on overwhelming evidence.

"What you did was deeply shocking and callous beyond belief and at every stage since you set fire to the car in which she died, you have lied and lied in your attempt to evade all responsibility for what you did.

Ms Muller's family said in a statement: "We are not happy that the verdict is manslaughter, not murder.

"We are glad that the man responsible for Janet's death will not walk free but nothing can erase the loss of Janet."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickyBones
Back