If the Martians ever came to earth..Bob Hope's mansion for sale

zwiebel

Reaction score
Bob Hope said about his Palm Springs, Southern California home:

"If the Martians ever came to earth, they'd know where to land."

They obviously haven't landed yet, as no-one bought when it was on the market in 2013 for $50 million. Now it's back at 'just' $24.9 million.

This is surely such the perfect home for our dear mod Kimster, I'm tempted to start a fundraiser to buy it. Sadly, they're not allowed here on WS, so we'll all just have to gaze enviously from afar...:)

http://www.nbclosangeles.com//enter...296242611.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_LABrand

Attachments

• bob-hope-home-7-WM1-670x370.jpg
    bob-hope-home-7-WM1-670x370.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 23
John Lautner, a student of the very esteemed architect Frank Lloyd Wright built it. I'm in awe. Really admire it. Just wouldn't want to live in it.

Would rather live in a broom closet, to be honest. :)

John Lautner, a student of the very esteemed architect Frank Lloyd Wright built it. I'm in awe. Really admire it. Just wouldn't want to live in it.

Would rather live in a broom closet, to be honest. :)

And, as a matter of fact, Bob and Dolores Hope did NOT live in the house, except when they were hosting presidents or other heads of state or celebrities. They actually lived in a much more modest home in "The Movie Colony", an old Palm Springs neighborhood within walking distance of downtown. I'm not saying their real house was a "broom closet", but neither was it a space ship. LOL.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back