CANADA Canada - Sonia Varaschin, 42, Orangeville, 29 Aug 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
boots.jpg

Thoughts:

Moving crews are wearing these boots, I think.

I've been thinking some more about this. I know some people were thinking that the perp or perps may have parked their own vehicle near the Greenhawk Equestrian shop. But why? This shows deliberate planning. The perp(s) would have to walk south to her specific apartment, hence know already that she would be home alone. They would be walking to her townhouse complex passing by people driving by and possible security cameras from the downtown area. I can't see that happening. The perp(s) did not have a car. Otherwise, they would have just used it in the crime. It's gotta be someone from her townhouse complex area. A young wipper-snipper who doesn't like strong women like Sonia who tells it like it is?

What about public transit in Orangeville? Late night buses? Taxi service? Anyone get dropped off at the townhouse complex that night via taxi?

Reading somewhat between the lines, LE might be looking for someone kind of funky / twisted, imo.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...knew-area-crime-profilers-say/article1320192/
rbbm.
The FBI’s Behavioural Analysis Unit, known for working on serial killer cases, is famous from U.S. TV police dramas and movies. The OPP’s Behavioural Science Analysis Services, meanwhile, was credited earlier this year with effecting the arrest of Mr. Williams nine days after he killed Jessica Lloyd in the Eastern Ontario community of Tweed.

The unit also gathered evidence in the Tori Stafford investigation and one of its officers located her remains.

As academic research into psychological patterns among criminals improves, the work of such profilers has become more useful in investigations.

“The ones where it’s thought to be most effective are any type of serial crime or where it’s thought to be unusual or there’s some psychopathology,” said Michael Woodworth, a psychologist at the University of British Columbia."

Supposing this is a serial predator.

Has he just stopped?

He could be.. time will tell.. (unfortunately)
If he is in jail for whatever reason, they would probably have his fingerprints,
maybe he is in the hospital.

If someone's dna was found on Sonia, and matched up with the swab taken, would an arrest automatically be made - or would other evidence have to be gathered to take to the prosecutor to see if charges can be laid? Can someone on ws please comment on this?

And --- many thanks.

If someone's dna was found on Sonia, and matched up with the swab taken, would an arrest automatically be made - or would other evidence have to be gathered to take to the prosecutor to see if charges can be laid? Can someone on ws please comment on this?

And --- many thanks.

https://www.victimsofcrime.org/docs/Resource Library/DNA PROVIDER bro.pdf?sfvrsn=0
rbbm.

"What does it mean if the DNA does not match the suspect? What if
it does
?
If DNA from biological material taken from a crime scene matches the DNA profi le
of a suspect, it shows, with high probability, that the suspect contributed the
biological material at the crime scene. If the DNA does not match the suspect, it
means that the suspect did not leave the biological material that was found at the
crime scene. In either case, DNA is only part of the evidence. A lack of DNA match
does not necessarily mean that the suspect is innocent, and a DNA match alone
does not prove that the suspect committed the crime. Most crimes are, in fact,
prosecuted without DNA evidence, and even when there is a DNA match, other
evidence is generally needed to prove the case (despite the impression given by
popular television shows)
. Besides resulting in a match or exclusion, DNA analysis can
also yield inconclusive results, for example, if the sample has been contaminated or
degraded or if it is insufficient to yield a reportable result"

Thank you so much Dotr.

Would it be silly to assume that out of 700 men, who gave their dna none have received their letters telling them that their dna is not a match, and that it has been destroyed?
After all, it has been four years.

Comments anyone?

“The ones where it’s thought to be most effective are any type of serial crime or where it’s thought to be unusual or there’s some psychopathology,” said Michael Woodworth, a psychologist at the University of British Columbia."

rsbm

I was thinking of your awesome post, Dotr, when I posted the following on another website which I have brought over here:

"I know we all have different opinions on whether or not Sonia's case is a stand-alone or potentially connected to the murder of Audrey Gleave (Hamilton) or the attack on Shelley Loder (Mono) and/or cases not on our radar (some of us, for example, continue to wonder about the fbi involvement) but for those of us who at least believe there is the possibility that Sonia's killer has acted before, I thought I'd remind us of this great post from another thread." What follows is a link kindly provided by S** on the other site at fr=http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2014/10/17/massive_fbi_study_sheds_light_on_the_lives_and_minds_of_serial_killers.html

which contains this info:

"White, professional serial killers tend to move and hide bodies. All of the killers who moved and hid the bodies of their victims were white and 90 per cent of them had full-time jobs.
More than half of them had post-secondary education and half of them had served in the military."

Again, I know some of us here don't think this is a case of serial predation. Still food for thought, i think.
thanks again, to S**, for the info and link elsewhere, and to C******** for the full story link , Serial Murder: Pathways for Investigations
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/201...ses/serial-murder-pathways-for-investigations

Apparently, the co-pilot was treated for depression over a 19 month period.

I not only have compassion for the families left behind, but I also feel compassion and extremely sorry for the co-pilots family.

I can't even begin to image his parents horror, and the possibility that they will be black listed by town folks, and may even receive threats from the crazies out there.
Their problems are just beginning, through no fault of their own.
Bless them.

Apparently, the co-pilot was treated for depression over a 19 month period.

I not only have compassion for the families left behind, but I also feel compassion and extremely sorry for the co-pilots family.

I can't even begin to image his parents horror, and the possibility that they will be black listed by town folks, and may even receive threats from the crazies out there.
Their problems are just beginning, through no fault of their own.
Bless them.

Thinking you meant to post comment here..
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rbus-crash-24-March-2&p=11631044#post11631044

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth