710 users online (80 members and 630 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

MN - Scott Kleppen, 22, Sandstone, 3 March 2015

Scott Kleppen - https://m.facebook.com/pages/Hand-in...40720062800627

Friends, strangers, deputies search for missing Pine County man
    SANDSTONE, Minn. (KMSP) -
    The search is on in Pine County, Minnesota for a young man whose family says disappearing for more than even a few hours is unusual for him. Scott Kleppen recently lost his job and left a note for his family about finding happiness before disappearing more than a week ago.

“We're going to find him because there's no other option," Scott's mother, Kim Opsahl said. "There's no other option for our family. We're going to find him.”

Opsahl believes her son is alive and most likely in the park where they used to spend a lot of time together when he was younger. Scott's truck was found in the park parking lot more than a week ago, but there are no signs of the 22-year-old with dark blonde hair and blue eyes.
    http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story...ine-county-man
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

It is still so cold in Minnesota and he reminds me of my oldest son. Praying for his safe return, and praying for his family in preparing for what comes.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s3735218.shtml

Search continues. His cell phone was found in his truck.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

This doesn't sound good to me. After losing his job maybe Scott thought he needed to clear his mind and decide what to do next. If the park seems safe to him that seems like a logical place to go. But MOO that should take a few hours not 2 weeks. Finding his cell phone and truck in the parking lot gives me an uneasy feeling. I hope he's just staying a few days with a friend but that seems more unlikely as each hour passes. Praying for a good outcome.

JMO

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Search continues for Sandstone man missing for two weeks
    Sandstone, MN (NNCNOW.com) -- The search continues for a Sandstone, Minnesota man missing for more than two weeks. Kenneth Kleppen hasn't been seen or heard from since he left his home in a vehicle on March 3rd. The vehicle was found in Robinson Park in Pine County just two days later.
    http://www.northlandsnewscenter.com/...296930521.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Crews are continuing to look for a missing Sandstone man, now with the use of drones to view hard-to-search areas.

http://www.wdaz.com/news/3705824-sea...-vigil-planned

Search for missing man continues

Kleppen had two passions, his mother explained, parks and gaming. Volunteers were organized and searched Robinson Park and Banning State Park the second weekend in March. Volunteers, search dogs and drones were used again this past weekend.

Opsahl said Cody Christle has been on her mind during their searches but she never thought she would be in the same position as Christle's family, waiting for information on the whereabouts of her son.

"It's surreal," she said. "This is extremely out of character for him. It would have had to be something major that happened. He's very caring and loving."

He has a dachshund his sister babysits if he's going to be gone any length of time. Opsahl said her son would never leave his dog alone without notifying his sister.

Anyone with information should contact the Pine County Sheriff's Department at (320) 629-8380.

Search For Scott Kleppen Narrowed To Several Pine County Caves
    March 28, 2015 8:56 PM
    http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/0...-county-caves/
    Crews including area firefighters and military members, used special equipment to search caves in the park Saturday. Police have said they don’t suspect foul play.
    Kleppen’s family says they believe he’s still alive, and on his own somewhere.
    “I want Scott to know that I love him and miss him, that I’m here for him. That it’s ok to come home,” his mother, Kim Opsahl, said. “I just want him to let us know that he’s OK.”
    video and more at link.

Pine County is heavily forested, and has a lot of wildlife as well. I am guessing either accident or suicide. It is worrisome that one of his biggest hobbies was gambling.

Damarna is offline Verified State Coordinator for CFSI/ Insider - Parker Haluptzok
    It is a vast area to search.

Saw his missing poster in Jay Cooke State Park yesterday.

Bumping for Scott.

Sad story. I hope he is safe
    “There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu14 View Post
    Pine County is heavily forested, and has a lot of wildlife as well. I am guessing either accident or suicide. It is worrisome that one of his biggest hobbies was gambling.
    'Gaming' does not necessarily mean gambling. My son plays roletype games and online group games- no gambling involved. And at his age- he's more likely into 'gaming' not gambling methinks. Hope he's found soon- this is very troubling.
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast