Found Deceased MN - Scott Kleppen, 22, Sandstone, 3 March 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Scott Kleppen - https://m.facebook.com/pages/Hand-in-hand-search-for-Scott-Kleppen/340720062800627
7140480_G.jpg

Friends, strangers, deputies search for missing Pine County man
SANDSTONE, Minn. (KMSP) -
The search is on in Pine County, Minnesota for a young man whose family says disappearing for more than even a few hours is unusual for him. Scott Kleppen recently lost his job and left a note for his family about finding happiness before disappearing more than a week ago.

“We're going to find him because there's no other option," Scott's mother, Kim Opsahl said. "There's no other option for our family. We're going to find him.”

Opsahl believes her son is alive and most likely in the park where they used to spend a lot of time together when he was younger. Scott's truck was found in the park parking lot more than a week ago, but there are no signs of the 22-year-old with dark blonde hair and blue eyes.
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/28517404/search-underway-for-a-missing-pine-county-man

It is still so cold in Minnesota and he reminds me of my oldest son. Praying for his safe return, and praying for his family in preparing for what comes.

This doesn't sound good to me. After losing his job maybe Scott thought he needed to clear his mind and decide what to do next. If the park seems safe to him that seems like a logical place to go. But MOO that should take a few hours not 2 weeks. Finding his cell phone and truck in the parking lot gives me an uneasy feeling. I hope he's just staying a few days with a friend but that seems more unlikely as each hour passes. Praying for a good outcome.

JMO

Search for missing man continues

Kleppen had two passions, his mother explained, parks and gaming. Volunteers were organized and searched Robinson Park and Banning State Park the second weekend in March. Volunteers, search dogs and drones were used again this past weekend.

Opsahl said Cody Christle has been on her mind during their searches but she never thought she would be in the same position as Christle's family, waiting for information on the whereabouts of her son.

"It's surreal," she said. "This is extremely out of character for him. It would have had to be something major that happened. He's very caring and loving."

He has a dachshund his sister babysits if he's going to be gone any length of time. Opsahl said her son would never leave his dog alone without notifying his sister.

Anyone with information should contact the Pine County Sheriff's Department at (320) 629-8380.

Search For Scott Kleppen Narrowed To Several Pine County Caves
March 28, 2015 8:56 PM
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/...leppen-narrowed-to-several-pine-county-caves/
Crews including area firefighters and military members, used special equipment to search caves in the park Saturday. Police have said they don’t suspect foul play.
Kleppen’s family says they believe he’s still alive, and on his own somewhere.
“I want Scott to know that I love him and miss him, that I’m here for him. That it’s ok to come home,” his mother, Kim Opsahl, said. “I just want him to let us know that he’s OK.”

video and more at link.

Pine County is heavily forested, and has a lot of wildlife as well. I am guessing either accident or suicide. It is worrisome that one of his biggest hobbies was gambling.

Saw his missing poster in Jay Cooke State Park yesterday.

Bumping for Scott.

Pine County is heavily forested, and has a lot of wildlife as well. I am guessing either accident or suicide. It is worrisome that one of his biggest hobbies was gambling.

'Gaming' does not necessarily mean gambling. My son plays roletype games and online group games- no gambling involved. And at his age- he's more likely into 'gaming' not gambling methinks. Hope he's found soon- this is very troubling.

From our friends at Minnesota United:
Our hearts are broken tonight for the family of Scott Kleppen. We have confirmed with his family and have been given permission to let you all know his remains were recovered this weekend after missing for over 2 years. Scott's parents are incredibly thankful for all the support they've received over the past 2 years. Although we are thankful that his family is able to bring him home, we also understand their pain of knowing he is truly gone. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.
https://www.facebook.com/MissingPie...831.1525175764455263/1675989336040571/?type=3

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back