TX TX - Edith 'Edie' Sax, 50, Houston, 25 April 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
b0003bed-f3ca-4d19-8594-c3c065002693_zpsr6i9ve82.jpg

http://www.khou.com/story/news/crim...30000-reward-offered-for-the-answer/70223810/

A $30,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the suspects who killed a Houston mother and grandmother.

The body of Edith Sax, 50, was found in the pool of her home on Blue Bonnet last April 25. She was wearing work scrubs and a lab coat and floating face down. At the time, Sax's death was ruled accidental. But her family urged homicide detectives to keep investigating and they now believe she was murdered.

"Edith Sax was an avid swimmer and could not have drowned in 5 feet of water," said HPD Officer Vashawnda McLean. "Someone went to great lengths, we believe, to stage an accidental drowning."

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/03/15/police-reopen-investigation-into-texas-nurses-death/21153495/

"It is clear that the person or persons were involved in a relationship with Edith Sax that they knew intricacies in the house and her schedule," Vashawnda McLean, lead investigator with the Houston Police Department, said.

Police ruled her husband, Steve Sax, out as a suspect.

Officials said two unidentified men were seen around the home at the time of Sax's death. They believe money was a motive and are looking into her multi-million dollar will and the inheritance she left behind.

Thanks for the thread OkieGranny. I was reading about this case yesterday and find it quite interesting. I wonder who is responsible.....will be keeping an eye on this thread too. Google alert set.

Is LE suggesting she was in a relationship with one of these two unidentified men seen around the house? Was there evidence found suggesting a relationship or was the house found in disarray such as a robbery being committed? Someone could know the layout of the house and her schedule without being close to her, in my opinion. The wording by the HPD investigator is confusing.

:waitasec:

MOO

A familial relationship seems more likely if money was the motive. Not necessarily, but more likely.

They haven't released enough info to go on yet, really. I wonder what was the tipping point that convinced LE to reopen the case.

And where did all that money come from? Was it hers? Her husband's? Nurses can make pretty good money with the right specialty and the right employer, but not many accumulate multi-million dollar estates to leave to their heirs.

A familial relationship seems more likely if money was the motive. Not necessarily, but more likely.

They haven't released enough info to go on yet, really. I wonder what was the tipping point that convinced LE to reopen the case.

And where did all that money come from? Was it hers? Her husband's? Nurses can make pretty good money with the right specialty and the right employer, but not many accumulate multi-million dollar estates to leave to their heirs.
It sounds like it could be an inheritance of some type, as there is mention of money being a motive, yet the husband has been cleared. Even with the wages nurses receive, I cannot imagine her accumulating that much through her work. Curious who the beneficiaries are of her Will.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back