1219 users online (237 members and 982 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Pregnant woman shot several times, missing unborn baby

Pregnant woman shot several times, missing unborn baby
    Los Angeles — Authorities say a pregnant woman shot multiple times at a Los Angeles park is in critical condition, and police are searching for the gunman.

Sgt. Herb Chang says the woman was on a basketball court at Toberman Park late Sunday when the man opened fire, striking her several times in the torso.

The victim is about 25 years old and six or seven months pregnant. She’s in critical condition early Monday after surgery.

Chang tells City News Service none of the bullets hit her unborn child.
    http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...shot/24840569/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Oh wow, I thought this headline meant the baby was missing, like someone targeted the mother in order to steal it. This is a relief, then, and I hope mother and child recover.
    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy.

----

Quote Originally Posted by bettiepageturner View Post
    Oh wow, I thought this headline meant the baby was missing, like someone targeted the mother in order to steal it. This is a relief, then, and I hope mother and child recover.
    That's what I thought! Really bad headline.

Horrible headline! Very misleading! I too thought it meant that the baby was taken out of the pregnant mother.
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son! "I will always be his father. On this earth I don't see him, but in heaven we'll be together," Metalwala said.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19