637 users online (80 members and 557 guests)  

Websleuths News

OK - Clinton, WhtMale 1803UMOK, 16-20, may be from St Louis, Jun'72

Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-16-2015 at 01:45 PM.

El Segundo, California
    If you are going to start a thread, please provide something more than just a Porchlight link.

Here is the DoeNetwork page for this John Doe:

The Doe Network
    Case File: 1803UMOK

Left: Facial touch up based on original autopsy photo by T. Schinnerer; center and right: Facial reconstruction based on morgue photo by H. Pratt, OSBI forensic artist

Unidentified Male
    Date of Discovery: June 26, 1972
    Location of Discovery: Clinton, Custer County, Oklahoma
    Estimated Date of Death: Same day
    State of Remains: Recognizable
    Cause of Death: Pedestrian/Auto accident

Physical Description
    ** Listed information is approximate

Estimated Age: 16-20 years old
    Race: White
    Height: 5'8" to 5'9"
    Weight: 140 lbs.
    Hair Color: Dark brown, long but less than shoulder length. Unshaven.
    Eye Color: Hazel

Distinguishing Marks/Features: Circumcised.

Dentals: Not available.
    Fingerprints: Available. Fingerprints taken by Clinton Police Department or Oklahoma Highway Patrol and sent to FBI. Current location unknown.
    DNA: Not avaiable.
    Clothing & Personal Items
    Clothing: Never Iron Campus blue double knit shirt, blue jeans, brown 30" belt with Captain's buckle, brown leather boots with 16" top and 1" strap with brass rings on each side (size 9 to 9 1/2).

Jewelry: White gold promise ring with "TC968" engraved inside the band.

Additional Personal Items: One pack of Marlboro cigarettes. A "St.Louis County, Missouri stamp #42289" found in a pocket. Armband on the left arm which appears to have been made of denim. Blue mimeo bond sheet with hand-ruled lines listing dates 06/16-06/30 (possible work schedule or record of employment?) Written on sheet - Mollincrodt or Mellincrodt. (possibly Mallinckrodt from Saint Louis?)

Case History

The decedent was a hitchhiker or pedestrian hit by a car near the overpass on U.S. Highway 183 to I-40. He was found lying some 6 feet off the shoulder of I-40 going West at approximately 375 yards east of the overpass of U.S. Highway 183. He was released from St. Louis jail, one day prior.

Somewhere In Time
    I've looked the cases of missing males from 1968-1972 and none of them fit the description of this person. The closest one I found is someone who went missing in 1969 at the age of 23, which would make him 28 when this person was found and I'm pretty sure this isn't him:

I'm thinking that this unidentified person was very estranged from his family and was a drifter, so he never was reported missing.

Here's his NamUs: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2991

Peter J Bonick 1953 California
    Harold Dewayne Costello Unknown Oklahoma
    Warren Niederfringer 1948 Connecticut
    Charles Edward Propst 1953 Missouri

Wait.. He was released from jail one day prior to being hit by a car? They didn't have his name when he was jailed?

Strange. I'm also curious about the promise ring. Why do they think it was a promise ring?

What about John Wade Wagner? It sounds like fowl play at the time he disappeared though. I think they look slightly similar though. http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1760dmmo.html

Quote Originally Posted by EmiLove832 View Post
    Wait.. He was released from jail one day prior to being hit by a car? They didn't have his name when he was jailed?
    That was my first thought as well. He was in jail and they don't have his name? Not even a false name?
    Last edited by luxISlight; 07-14-2016 at 04:57 PM.

It could be that he was in the jail for a night for being drunk or something and maybe he refused to give a name and was still released or gave an obvious fake one. But still even a false name could be useful information it could be an Alias of his.