MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
ht_jacob_wetterling2_091021_mn.jpg

11-year-old Jacob Wetterling was riding bicycles with his brother and a friend in St. Joseph, Minnesota on October 22, 1989 when they were approached by an unknown man with a gun. The man let the other boys go, but grabbed Jacob and walked away with him. Jacob has never been heard from again.

Jacob on NamUs
NCMEC
Charley Project
Facebook
AMW
Jacob Wetterling Resource Center - http://www.jwrc.org/

Jacob Wetterling SAR and Map Thread - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

MN MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, 22 Oct 1989 ***MEDIA THREAD***NO DISCUSSION*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

MN MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, 22 Oct 1989 ***CASE FACTS***NO DISCUSSION*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Previous threads:
#1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14

Brought over from the previous thread:

We can discuss book content now, even without a link, as long as you reference information from the book. I've received book orders from several members, and those have already received a PDF of the book.

I'll certainly answer anyone's questions as they come.

Continually we have posters on here referring to the ineptness of Stearns county.

Please refer to the FACT that investigators from THE BCA were reviewing the case and THEY found the info to search the R farm. The BCA, not Stearns county

The FBI is involved as well as Stearns County and the BCA.

I'm still reading the pdf from ELOC's book, but I'll certainly post questions if I have some. Thanks!

The other thought is: perhaps the Stearns county LE have been looking at this so long that they're missing something in plain sight. I've pondered if our perpetrator is somehow a local person who is well respected or at least someone well known and perhaps some people know or suspect of his guilt but don't dare voice it because it might be like arresting the easter bunny or santa claus.

Or maybe someones father or uncle they always wondered about.

Could be people have given info on suspects that we know nothing about.

They can give anecdotal evidence, but it would have to be something tangible

Could be people have given info on suspects that we know nothing about.

They can give anecdotal evidence, but it would have to be something tangible

Very true. LE has consistently stated they have four to five main suspects. DR is not the only one. The fact that LE follows up on other leads is evidence they check other possibilities out.

Unfortunately, sometimes I think we tend to interpret their lack of feedback to mean they're not trying. I used to think they didn't try hard enough. That's no longer my belief.

Very true. LE has consistently stated they have four to five main suspects. DR is not the only one. The fact that LE follows up on other leads is evidence they check other possibilities out.

Unfortunately, sometimes I think we tend to interpret their lack of feedback to mean they're not trying. I used to think they didn't try hard enough. That's no longer my belief.

I reported a crime once. Drug dealers. LE talked with me and told me that they would be out in an hour if they arrested them.

I was so angry!

I believe 5 years later I saw the ones I reported in a huge drug bust. It took LE that long to work the case to their satisfaction, not mine.

They know plenty of things they do not share with the public. Why should they?

The other thought is: perhaps the Stearns county LE have been looking at this so long that they're missing something in plain sight. I've pondered if our perpetrator is somehow a local person who is well respected or at least someone well known and perhaps some people know or suspect of his guilt but don't dare voice it because it might be like arresting the easter bunny or santa claus.

Or maybe someones father or uncle they always wondered about.

I know I keep pushing the B- Brothers, and I even posted the tapes from DM here, and they were removed. I'm not going to question why they were removed. They're accessible on line anyway.

The point is that, although they are a little slow, I feel they know enough to possibly connect the rest of the dots. Part of the connecting can be done with the rest of DM's information. The BCA knows about it, and they investigated SOME of it, but not all. The current sheriff asked DM two questions, both had nothing to do with the case, and that was the end of the interview. He never looked at the rest of the information she has. If two detectives found the information and DM credible, I would think LE in Stearns County would look at it.

The possibility of it being a well loved and adored person is very possible, and this may be why there's been no follow up on this information that DM has been trying to get them to look at.

I'm still learning to navigate the website, so please forgive my errors... :0/

If you speak to anyone familiar with this case from the LE side, they have checked out the Bahners over and over again. They are all liars. There is no way they could keep a vast conspiracy about child abduction quiet. DM can't keep bringing the same tapes forward and expect them to be checked out every time.

I believe there is probably some form of pedophilia ring in the St. Cloud area, DM is relatively convincing on that accord. Did the ring have something to do with Jacob's disappearance? I would say it's doubtful.

The logic of collective action would preclude vast numbers of pedophiles in jail or treatment (ha ha) without tattling.

Have you read ELOC's book?

If not, your questions about DM may be answered.

Do some research on your own on the net.

No I didn't read the book, but I did read the PDF portion email to me. Good Job ELOC! DM has court documents and other information that he has not had access to. I'm speaking with people who know how credible she is. Her information is good. Even she admits the B Brothers aren't the whole story. There's a lot more to it, and she had access to witnesses, etc. I will read the whole book, however. I will keep an open mind, but I just can't rule out the B-brothers when I know what I know now.....not yet.... Thank you for your help. :0)

Not one LE wants to be the heroes who solved this case? Hard to believe

if we dont explore all possible witnesses or suspects we will be at the same place the police have been for the past 25 years. nowhere

It blows my mind that Robert Durst was just recently arrested for a murder he committed long ago- in my opinion, the man is a serial killer but I mention this to say that -- the police had a lot of circumstantial evidence with regard to his crimes but not enough to arrest him. The icing on the cake was when he muttered into a microphone he (which he thought was turned off)that, "of course I killed the all." There are so many cases in which LE has a lot of seemingly incriminating info but just not enough to make the charge stick and/or prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a suspect did the deed. No one has been arrested in Dylan R's case. Nor Jon Benet, nor the Lyon sisters (getting closer though!), or poor Roger Ellison (lots of suspicion, but nothing concrete on which to base an arrest). This is just me thinking out loud. Everyone here is aware of cases in which the culprit seems obvious but no arrest is made. I think LE has two or three good potential suspects in Jacob's case-- even named one of them a POI -- but they have insufficient concrete evidence. It's not that they don't have any -- they have enough to remain suspicious which is why they dug up DR's farm and why the FBI went and searched that lady's house for several hours. ( I think someone may have sent in a tip about that particular search). It is excruciatingly frustrating that dozens of years must pass in many of these cases before an actual arrest is made. Stearns LE has been under the microscope many times about the Wetterling case, most recently when John Walsh did his show. People want answers. Likewise, in the Guimond case, they have some info, but the rest of what they're looking for is most likely hidden by lock and key. As frustrated as I am with Stearns LE about that case, I realize they are up against a brick wall also known as the pine curtain. Back to Jacob -- maybe they're waiting for someone to get a bit older as Robert Durst has, and hoping that person will finally talk -- or someone who knows the perp will finally talk. Then they'll finally have the proverbial nail in the coffin. As an aside, I find it intriguing that no one (that we know of) has stepped forward to make an accusation (of inappropriate behavior) about DR. Then again, I believe the man I think was involved with Jacob and possibly Jared's case had a shady past which to this day remains hidden from the public. I am beyond baffled by this, but also know the law is full of loopholes. Sorry for the rambling post. I think Stearn's LE, with the help of the FBI and BCA has some of their ducks in a row but still missing a couple. If the culprit was in his 30's when he abducted Jacob, he's nearing 60 now ... clock is tickin' and it's time to fess up.

It blows my mind that Robert Durst was just recently arrested for a murder he committed long ago- in my opinion, the man is a serial killer but I mention this to say that -- the police had a lot of circumstantial evidence with regard to his crimes but not enough to arrest him. The icing on the cake was when he muttered into a microphone he (which he thought was turned off)that, "of course I killed the all." There are so many cases in which LE has a lot of seemingly incriminating info but just not enough to make the charge stick and/or prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a suspect did the deed. No one has been arrested in Dylan R's case. Nor Jon Benet, nor the Lyon sisters (getting closer though!), or poor Roger Ellison (lots of suspicion, but nothing concrete on which to base an arrest). This is just me thinking out loud. Everyone here is aware of cases in which the culprit seems obvious but no arrest is made. I think LE has two or three good potential suspects in Jacob's case-- even named one of them a POI -- but they have insufficient concrete evidence. It's not that they don't have any -- they have enough to remain suspicious which is why they dug up DR's farm and why the FBI went and searched that lady's house for several hours. ( I think someone may have sent in a tip about that particular search). It is excruciatingly frustrating that dozens of years must pass in many of these cases before an actual arrest is made. Stearns LE has been under the microscope many times about the Wetterling case, most recently when John Walsh did his show. People want answers. Likewise, in the Guimond case, they have some info, but the rest of what they're looking for is most likely hidden by lock and key. As frustrated as I am with Stearns LE about that case, I realize they are up against a brick wall also known as the pine curtain. Back to Jacob -- maybe they're waiting for someone to get a bit older as Robert Durst has, and hoping that person will finally talk -- or someone who knows the perp will finally talk. Then they'll finally have the proverbial nail in the coffin. As an aside, I find it intriguing that no one (that we know of) has stepped forward to make an accusation (of inappropriate behavior) about DR. Then again, I believe the man I think was involved with Jacob and possibly Jared's case had a shady past which to this day remains hidden from the public. I am beyond baffled by this, but also know the law is full of loopholes. Sorry for the rambling post. I think Stearn's LE, with the help of the FBI and BCA has some of their ducks in a row but still missing a couple. If the culprit was in his 30's when he abducted Jacob, he's nearing 60 now ... clock is tickin' and it's time to fess up.

Why would someone "fess up" because they are nearing age 60? A person who could abduct a child and possibly murder a child, obviously has no conscience.

My feelings all along, they have some evidence but not enough to charge or convict. Their day will come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that most psychopaths aren't going to confess to jack. On the other hand, there are some who, for whatever reason, will do it. I'm not clear as to whether Jacob's abductor is someone who committed other abductions (probably yes), and if so, whether he killed his other victims. Are all pedophiles psychopaths? I know they have a compulsion which drives them to commit terrible deeds. It does beg the question whether they have any sense of right or wrong. Are they so lacking in a conscience that they would choose to never admit to their crimes? Some of the more infamous murderers have admitted to their crimes as a way of claiming "credit" for them -- such as BTK. Others just wanted to get it all off their chest after being caught, i.e. Jeff Dahmer. What about pedophiles and sex offenders. My sense is that many do not feel any remorse for their actions. But is it possible there are pedophiles out there who, upon being confronted, do feel some remorse? What if they asked to see a priest upon arrest? Does that indicate a conscience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni