OR OR - Williams, wooded area of Holkum Peak, UncFem 14-18, UP11638, Brown sweater, May'78

Migmuu

Reaction score
This girl was recently added to the Doe Network.

DsFRmFM.png

1257UFOR

DEMOGRAPHICS

Race: Unknown
Postmortem interval: Years

CIRCUMSTANCES
Loggers discovered the victim's partial skeletal remains in a wooded area of Holcomb Peak.

CLOTHING/ACCESSORIES
Brown sweater

IDENTIFIERS
Fingerprints: N/A
Dentals: Available and entered
DNA: Samples submitted - Tests Complete

<MOD NOTE: Several original links throughout the thread were broken and have been edited to include the current link (when available) and images as of April 15, 2023>

Last edited by a moderator:
CINDY KING

Age (19) is within a year
Distance (31.8 mi) works
Nothing in the circumstances suggest she couldn't be on Holcomb Peak
IMO she looks similar to the sketch

However, she has a retainer (which doesn't necessarily rule her out if it's a removable retainer) and disappeared 10 months before the UID was found. But I still think she's a decent PM, considering the location.

ETA: Cherry Greenman also looks like a good PM. Her age (20) is within two years of the UID's range and the timing (about 2 years between her disappearance and the UID's discovery) is consistent. She seems to have led a sort of transient lifestyle (she often hitchhiked from state to state) and her Charley profile says she could have traveled to Oregon. So the circumstances line up and distance can be accounted for.

Roxanne Sims?
I think this is her....afro style wig was found with the body...just double checked and the dates of body found and Sims reported missing aren't close. Upon further inspection the DOE NETWORK has incorrect dates so this might be her..I notified Portland PD....waiting for call back

I think this is her....afro style wig was found with the body...just double checked and the dates of body found and Sims reported missing aren't close. Upon further inspection the DOE NETWORK has incorrect dates so this might be her..

To save everybody the trouble of following links -- Charley and Namus both say Roxanne went missing some time in 1977. Remains were found May 1978 with a PM interval of "years." So that fits.

Oddly there's this case from Columbia County in 1970 that also involves an afro-style wig. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Female-(UP-9006)-17-25-Afro-style-wig-Feb-70

The 2 links messed me up thinking it was the same find..thanks for clearing this up.

I thought so at first too, but the counties are different and the case numbers are different.

the sketch looks Hispanic or Native American to me.

I meant to put 1257UFOR. http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1257ufor.html
I remember I had the other UID (the one with the afro wig) up on another tab, so I probably copied that link instead by accident. Sorry for the confusion; can a mod please fix the link in the OP?

Modnote: Done

At first I was sure that was a match but the girl with the wig was found 7 years before Roxanne disappeared

Is there a link saying UP # 11638 had a wig too?

At first I was sure that was a match but the girl with the wig was found 7 years before Roxanne disappeared

Is there a link saying UP # 11638 had a wig too?

It was the bad link that Carl fixed that was pointing to the wrong case.

I'll swear it had the same sketches though. *cue twilight zone music*

This would be amazing if it were Roxanne Sims

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1257UFOR

Two rule outs at NamUs
  • Ann Ellinwood - Oregon
  • Karen Lee - Oregon

Any update on Roxanne Sims?

What do you think about Martha Morrison missing in 1974 from Oregon compared to sketch with long hair? <modsnip: broken link/identified>
UP11638_sketch.jpgMartha Morrison.jpeg

CINDY KING

Age (19) is within a year
Distance (31.8 mi) works
Nothing in the circumstances suggest she couldn't be on Holcomb Peak
IMO she looks similar to the sketch

However, she has a retainer (which doesn't necessarily rule her out if it's a removable retainer) and disappeared 10 months before the UID was found. But I still think she's a decent PM, considering the location.

2 more rule outs added for this Jane Doe, making it total of 4, including Cindy King. Martha Morrison remains have been identified so that's ruling her out too.

• Ann Ellinwood 1965 - Oregon
  • Rita Jolly 1955 - Oregon
  • Cindy King 1961 - Oregon
  • Karen Lee 1961 - Oregon

Donna Gail Manson
Missing since March 12, 1974 from Olympia, Washington

1257UFOR_LARGE.jpg
6812533_f260.jpg

Donna's details
565DFWA - Donna Gail Manson

Recommending to read Donna's charleyproject profile, informative but very sad and unfortunate.
She often hitchhiked to nearby locales and could disappear for several days a time without notice. Friends initially believed Manson had decided to travel without sharing her plans beforehand. More in profile.

<modsnip: broken link>
From her porchlight information - even though different remains found in August 29, 1978 in Mount Rainer, Washington and later misplaced thought to be possibly hers (mentioned in charley profile), it is also mentioned that August 1978 remains were not as old as 4 years when Donna disappeared and seemed to be as tall as 5"7, while Dona was only 5"0. Her parents also confirmed that sweater found with those remains was not hers.

Ted Bundy has confessed in his last interviews in 1988/89 before his execution that he is responsible for Donna Gail Manson murder and that he has disposed of her body in Taylor Mountain which as per google map seems to be right next to Holcomb Peak.
Some articles do mention though Taylor Mountain in Washington, some Taylor Mountain in Oregon and some Cascade Mountains.

Despite all the misinformation I still think it is quite possible for this UID to be her:
Age (19) is within a year 14-18
Estimated Date of Death: Years prior - disappeared 4 years prior, in 1974
IMO she looks similar to the sketch, including round face, prominent nose and broad jaw
She has dentals and DNA available

Your thoughts and suggestions are really appreciated.

I really wish this could be Donna, that after all misfortunes surrounding her case and sadness in her life she could be finally let to rest in peace.

6664385_127544861362.jpg

So according to Charley Project, those are four people that will never become identified.

Every time I hear about "Routine purges" of evidence I want to scream.

So does this body still exist?

So according to Charley Project, those are four people that will never become identified.

Every time I hear about "Routine purges" of evidence I want to scream.

So does this body still exist?

Thank you EmmaliLucia for reading my lengthy post above. I had the same horrifying feeling when reading on Donna's profile about Washington sheriff office. There is difference if evidence (paperwork) is misplaced in office over the few decades but human bodies being tossed away?! I am not really sure though if they are discussing 3 or 4 Washington unidentified remains.

As per Namus, The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs), Oregon Holcomb Peak uid seems to be "just fine". With dentals and DNA present and recent rule outs.

Has Jamie Grissim ever been considered? She went missing from Vancouver, WA in 1971. DNA is available for both. Does that automatically rule them out? I'm a little confused on how that works.
1971 GrissimJamie.png

No, it doesn't automatically rule them out. There is no automatic system in NamUs that compares DNA, dentals, or fingerprints; someone has to request a comparison between a specific missing person and UID. It also depends on what kind of DNA is available for both (mtDNA and nDNA), because they're incomparable to each other.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back