1019 users online (188 members and 831 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

SC - Brooke Smith, 44, Clinton, 16 March 2015

Brooke Smith

Family asks for help finding missing Ohio woman last seen in Upstate
    The family of an Ohio woman said she disappeared while visiting family and friends in the Upstate and are asking for the public's help in tracking the woman down. Brooke Smith, 44, was last seen by a friend she was visiting in Laurens County on Saturday, according to her sister, Christi Garland, who lives in the Upstate along with Smith's father.

Garland said Smith was staying at the Comfort Suites on Highway 56 in Clinton. All of Smith's belongings are still in her room, including her cell phone, but the woman and her car, a silver 2011 Toyota Corolla with Ohio license plate FIZ-7191, are missing, Garland said.

A phone call from Smith's cell phone was made to her brother's phone around 5 a.m. Monday. Garland said the brother answered and could hear what he believed to be the sounds of struggle and screaming.

Garland said Smith's husband in Ohio and other family members across the U.S. have been unable to contact her since.

Garland said Smith's debit card was last used in Ringgold, GA at 1:55 p.m. Monday.

Read more: http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/285...#ixzz3UfHzxZP5
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

This one sounds too scary.

I do NOT like the sound of the 5 a.m. call. And, remarkably, it appears that Brooke's husband may not even be a suspect. Sounds like he wasn't even in the same state when she disappeared.

Praying for her safe return!
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son! "I will always be his father. On this earth I don't see him, but in heaven we'll be together," Metalwala said.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

KumaShoujo is offline Curiosity is not a sin… But we should exercise caution with our curiosity.
    This makes me wonder if she was being followed. That he perp knew she was traveling alone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious about her debit card. Was it used in a place where the person had to enter a pin?

And I wonder why she was staying in a hotel, rather than at her father and sister's house while she visited? (It's not really that odd, I love to stay in hotels if there isn't LOTS of space in a house I'm visiting, just curious).

This doesn't sound good. Where was her card last used? I wonder if there was surveillance? I would assume LE already have the footage and are doing their best. The 5am phone call where the brother heard struggling and screaming RINGS MAJOR ALARM BELLS. Could she have been carjacked?
    Who killed Abigail Williams & Liberty German?

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at (844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at (800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

How far is Ringgold from where she was last seen? Can we get a map?
    Who killed Abigail Williams & Liberty German?

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at (844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at (800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

Her sister posted on her own FB that she has been found safe.