808 users online (106 members and 702 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

FL - Wendy Huggy, 16, Clearwater, 7 April 1982

Wendy Lynn Huggy Missing since 7 April 1982 from Clearwater, Florida

WENDY LYNN HUGGY

Case Type: Lost, Injured, Missing
    DOB: Jul 21, 1965
    Missing Date: Apr 7, 1982
    Sex: Female
    Race: White
    Age at time: 17
    Height: 5'9" (175 cm)
    Weight: 110 lbs (50 kg)
    Hair Color: Brown
    Eye Color: Brown
    Missing from: CLEARWATER, Florida, USA
    Case Number: NCMC601962
    Circumstances: Wendy was last seen on April 7, 1982 when she left from a relative's home to spend the day at the beach with some friends. Wendy was due to return home later that same night but she did not and she has not been seen or heard from since. She has a circular scar in the middle of her left thigh. Wendy may use the alias last name of Freeman.

More detail

Seems a shame that there's no more detail than this. It would be great to know what she looked like, what she was wearing, jewelry, etc. There are plenty of UIDs out there for that time frame but impossible to compare without some type of information other than what's listed. I wonder if the local police department would have other information such as what she was wearing etc? Was she walking or driving or riding with someone else? Was the name Freeman a family name?

Thanks for the link Mere, the picture helps

Not in the Doenetwork...

I wonder why this case has never been entered into the Doenetwork. Might match with some of the Jane Doe cases recently discussed.

Bumping Case up...

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
    Missing Since: April 7, 1982 from Clearwater, Florida
    Classification: Non-Family Abduction
    Date Of Birth: July 21, 1965
    Height and Weight: 5'9, 110 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Huggy has a circular-shaped dog bite scar on the outer center of her left thigh. She may use the last name Freeman.

Details of Disappearance

Huggy was last seen at a family member's residence in Patrician Apartments on Nursery Road and Belcher Road in Clearwater, Florida on April 7, 1982. She was supposed to receive a car ride to the Countryside Mall from an unidentified male friend known only as Don. She apparently also planned to spend the day at the beach with a group of acquaintances. Huggy was scheduled to return home later in the evening. She has never been heard from again. Huggy resided in Holiday, Florida at the time of her 1982 disappearance.

Authorities exhumed the body of an unidentified female in Tampa, Florida in June 2001, hoping that they would be able to identify Huggy. The woman had been tied to a concrete block and dumped in the ocean off of Anna Maria Island in Florida in 1982. Huggy's dental records did not match the victim and her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Pasco County Sheriff's Department
    727-844-7755
    OR
    Florida Department Of Law Enforcement
    888-356-4774

Source Information

The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
    Child Protection Education Of America
    The Sarasota Herald-Tribune
    Florida Department of Law Enforcement
    The Charley Project: Wendy Lynn Huggy
    The Doenetwork Case 208DFFL

LINKS:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/huggy_wendy.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/208dffl.html

Bumping this for Wendy.

I had met Wendy shortly before she disappeared in 1982. I was living in Holiday,Fl with my mom and she used to hang out with some of my friends at this storage unit where a band named Teazer used to practice.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

Bump for Wendy
    Cindi Lou

There are so many conflicting reports on Wendy's disappearance. One site says she disappeared from Countryside Mall, which is in Clearwater. Another report said she went to Clearwater Beach that day. Yet another said she was last seen at an apartment complex in Clearwater near the Largo border.

I found a blog, started back in 2005 and there where only a few posts on there the last being in 2005, regarding Wendy. I am not sure who started the blog but family members/friends posted comments that the info on the blog was not correct and appeared quite upset about what this person said. I could not tell how old the comments where, but Wendy's mom posted 2 over time wanting to give correct info. I posted a comment on there today asking them to join us here if they are still visiting that blog.

I would love to get more info and maybe find out what happened to Wendy.
    Cindi Lou

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/article1181849.ece
    Murder victim found in 1982 identified as missing New Port Richey woman

This jane doe was actually exumed in 2001 and tested to see if it was Wendy Huggy. It was not. They have identified this jane doe however.
    Cindi Lou

BTW, I googled Wendys name today to see if there was anything new. There is a missing persons website called FindMonica.org where Wendy Huggy's info is posted. What is bizzare is that there are 2 comments on her post that are a bunch of mumbo jumbo for gamers wanting to buy gold for gaming. Mentions some guy that authored a book on this gaming gold stuff.

Anyways, i found it quite odd that someone would post this on a missing persons website. Am I reading too much into this or does anyone else think it's odd? What does it mean? They use the name "overlook" on one post and "waiter" on the other. I think it could mean something or someone trying to tell us something.
    http://findmonica.org/news/modules.p...rticle&sid=278

edit- if you google hayden hawke and overlook, hayden hawke and waiter; nothing. So i dont believe this person posted under these names anywhere else. They're saying something.
    Cindi Lou

They're most likely just spammers. I participate in a college forum and a frugal lifestyle forum that gets these type of posts all the time. The moderators are pretty good at rooting them out once they are pointed out.

Bump

It has been over 29 years since Wendy Huggy Disappeared. Living in the old neighborhood in Holiday,FL I get to wondering what really happened to her and I wonder if she just simply disappeared on her own or if there was something sinister out there that we had no idea could harm one of our group in 1982.

Like Wendy, I had only moved to Holiday that prior fall and left that next summer when my mom decided to move to Tallahassee. We where both new to the neighborhood for a time but I remember we both fit right in with the kids that had been there most of their lives. Good memories of listening to the garage bands and the skating rink. Cant imagine anyone would have hurt one of us.

I would really like to know what happened to her and hope one day that answer will come and she is out there married with kids happy. Not sure anymore though its been so long.
    Cindi Lou

It's a shame we can't get the correct story as to what her steps were up to going missing. Maybe somebody who knows how to approach it can find out via the local paper doing a story. I've noticed after a story appears folk do seem to start recalling stuff.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast