1285 users online (204 members and 1081 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    My father used to tell me that I had a gift, a photographic memory. I've always considered it a curse. I have all these memories all the way back to when I was 2 years old stuck in my head. They are vivid memories. I can tell you the exact layout of our house when I was 2 down to the color of the furniture. There they are stuck in my head like it was yesterday. I try to forget, honestly I do. When I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis I thought great maybe the lesions will make me forget. Nope.
    I can tell you what Wendy was wearing the last time I saw her as well the band's name we where all watching and that she had a deck of tarot cards she was playing with sitting on the ground by the storage units where the band played as she told me about her "old man" and I stood there in awe at 15 thinking wow someone could be married at our age?
    I also remember Countryside mall well. My mother worked there at a travel agency, shortly after the mall opened around 1975, and so did I years later at Morrisons across from Aladdin's Castle and then I moved to JCPennys. The game room was my second home really. It also sucked up most of my pay checks lol. I was your true mall rat even spending my off days there.
    I remember Don and Donna well. I also remember Don coming into Morrisons for lunch and to see me it seemed. A couple times he told me if I married him he would give me anything. I just laughed it off. I also remember darker times with Donna going to her trailer to smoke weed and meet her husband, hanging out after hours with Donna and her boyfriend playing Galaga for free, and then the night she and her sister took me to a seedy bar at Higland and Gulf to Bay and lying to my father that I was with Donna at the mall and she was going to drive me home. I also remember her sister surprised that Donna had taken me with them, especially after what happened to the 'other one" and then Donna telling her to shut up. I didn't get into the bar that night at 17 because I was carded and instead had to stay out in the parking lot for hours scared and wanting to go home and never do that again. I also didn't hear anything else about the "other one" or what happened to her. But you know, as I've said, this stuff has stayed in my head as if it where yesterday, the conversations, similarities, and it really makes me wonder know all these years later. I don't know if they have the records of the employees from that far back but I sure remember.
    Is there anyway you can track down Don and Donna? Do you remember where her trailer was? Perhaps the park owner or the town has records if they owned it.
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

I haven't seen either of them since 1983 shortly after the night out with Donna. The trailer park is no longer there. It was in palm harbor on alt 19. I think there are warehouses there now. I remember Don saying that he owned a house by curlew and 19. It could have been mine if I'd accepted his multiple proposals LOL. So as time has passed, decades, everything has changed including landscape and my opinion of cool people to hang out with.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

I do remember that Donna and her husband where managing the trailer park for free rent. But some one owned it back then. It was a seedy looking place and she was missing her front teeth and probably in her 30's. Don was in his 30's also I would guess and tall and chunky. She was shorter then I and very thin with curly dark hair.
    Cindi Lou

Was she married to Don?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    What is done in the dark will be brought into the light.

No. I don't even think they got along. I remember him yelling at her one night because he came to close up and we where all hanging out playing free games.
    Cindi Lou

So she worked there?

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa5678 View Post
    So she worked there?

Who? Donna and Don worked there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Cindi Lou

So Don and Donna were managers?

Donna was the assistant Mgr I believe at the game room. She and her husband, not sure of his name, where managing the trailer park or so she said. It would be awesome if the company that bought out the company that owned aladdins castle has the old employee records. I wonder if LE ever enquired on this when I told the detective back a couple years ago

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Cindi Lou

Do you remember the name of the park? What road it's off of?

Could her name possibly be Dot or Dottie?

I would remember Dot. My moms friend was named Dot. Where did you get that name? The park was on alt 19 n of Alderman near south of the back entrance of Innisbrook.
    Cindi Lou

I may have a lead on Don. The name Dottie came up as a possible name for Donna but it's nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    I would remember Dot. My moms friend was named Dot. Where did you get that name? The park was on alt 19 n of Alderman near south of the back entrance of Innisbrook.
    Is it still there?

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa5678 View Post
    Is it still there?

No. Years later I used to take my car to a mechanic on that block and noticed it was gone and there where warehouses there now.
    Cindi Lou

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9