Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 80

Thread: FL - Wendy Lynn Huggy, 16, Clearwater, 7 April 1982

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    7,152
    DSullivan, Welcome to WS!

    Thank you for writing this article and keeping her memory alive. She was a friend long ago if only for a brief time. I hope one day we will find out what happened to Wendy.
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sleuthster For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    7,152
    She was pregnant? I wonder why that was never released before. If she had met some demise it would have been a clue to matching her up with an unidentified doe.

    Reading the story there is something I didnt see mentioned. The name of the guy she said she was geting a ride from, Don. I hung out at Countryside mall and worked there the next year (83). There was a guy that ran Aladdins Castle Arcade and I believe his name was Don. He was very creepy and I even had a problem with him when I worked right across from the gameroom at Morrisons Cafeteria. I wonder if he was ever checked out.
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sleuthster For This Useful Post:


  5. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    She was pregnant? I wonder why that was never released before. If she had met some demise it would have been a clue to matching her up with an unidentified doe.

    Reading the story there is something I didnt see mentioned. The name of the guy she said she was geting a ride from, Don. I hung out at Countryside mall and worked there the next year (83). There was a guy that ran Aladdins Castle Arcade and I believe his name was Don. He was very creepy and I even had a problem with him when I worked right across from the gameroom at Morrisons Cafeteria. I wonder if he was ever checked out.
    Hi, I seen your post on the Sptimes with a link back, to here.

    I haven't posted here in a while. I think it's worth sending an e-mail to the Pasco Sheriff with this information.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladygator For This Useful Post:


  7. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    7,152
    Quote Originally Posted by ladygator View Post
    Hi, I seen your post on the Sptimes with a link back, to here.

    I haven't posted here in a while. I think it's worth sending an e-mail to the Pasco Sheriff with this information.
    Thanks.

    It was a long time ago but I remember him being really creepy, like I rememberh him being obsessed with me and saying that if I married him he would buy me all this stuff. I was 16-17 at the time and I believe he was in his late 20's or early 30's. When I laughed it off he tried to get me fired from Morrisons. Not 100% sure his name was Don but I really think it was Don or Donald. Im sure they could find out somehow.
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sleuthster For This Useful Post:


  9. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    Thanks.

    It was a long time ago but I remember him being really creepy, like I rememberh him being obsessed with me and saying that if I married him he would buy me all this stuff. I was 16-17 at the time and I believe he was in his late 20's or early 30's. When I laughed it off he tried to get me fired from Morrisons. Not 100% sure his name was Don but I really think it was Don or Donald. Im sure they could find out somehow.
    Ya, even if your memory is sketchy, maybe the guy has been mentioned someone by else. Any bit of information is good.

    If an article like this can get peoples attention and shake up their memories, then it's done it's job!

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladygator For This Useful Post:


  11. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,624
    DSullivan,

    I would like to sincerely thank you for bringing your article here and posting it in full.
    So many times I have clicked ever so many links to articles about missing persons only to have the "404" message or the pay for archives message.

    I have often thought perhaps "There oughta be a law!" that missing persons info and articles should be saved until they are located or at least we should be able to copy the articles in full without worrying about copyright. Perhaps a campaign to have reporters write a note at the bottom to "Feel free to copy in full", idk. I understand "clicks" for the source page but maybe, just maybe missing persons should be exempt. Dreaming, I know...

    Anyway, thank you ever so much, truly.

    DSN

    (Waving at Sluethster )

    ETA: ...and LadyGator

  12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dsntslp For This Useful Post:


  13. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    7,152
    Just posted on the FB grew up in Dunedin page asking if anyone remembers Aladdin's Castle. I'm sure someone else remembers that guys name. As Im typing this people are responding they remember the place, lets see if they remember the weirdo.
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sleuthster For This Useful Post:


  15. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,295
    Remembering Wendy<3
    Have You Seen Me?
    Deanie Marie Pyle Peters
    Mary Jo Lee Long
    Leanna "Beaner" Warner
    Jodi Huisentruit
    Amy Billig
    Rachael Garden
    Stacie Madison and Susan Smalley
    The Springfield Three
    Fawn & Rozlin Abell
    The Forth Worth Trio
    Rachel Mellon Skemp

    ***
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/20806
    Where is Sharon Rose Sons?
    Discuss her case here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...aron+rose+sons

    "We lose our keys, we lose our glasses..but how, in America, do we lose our children?!"-Molly Bish's Mother
    **All posts are my opinion.**

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to amber1 For This Useful Post:


  17. #34
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Black Hills
    Posts
    6,252
    Bumping for Wendy

    ****
    http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    ****
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

    www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
    ****
    https://www.tsu.co/JacieLin

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacie Estes For This Useful Post:


  19. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,295
    Was serial killer Gerald Stano in FL ever looked at? He killed over 40 women in the 70s and 80s, would offer her a ride and kill her, i wonder if he is connected to Wendy's vanishing.
    http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/s...ano/index.html
    Have You Seen Me?
    Deanie Marie Pyle Peters
    Mary Jo Lee Long
    Leanna "Beaner" Warner
    Jodi Huisentruit
    Amy Billig
    Rachael Garden
    Stacie Madison and Susan Smalley
    The Springfield Three
    Fawn & Rozlin Abell
    The Forth Worth Trio
    Rachel Mellon Skemp

    ***
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/20806
    Where is Sharon Rose Sons?
    Discuss her case here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...aron+rose+sons

    "We lose our keys, we lose our glasses..but how, in America, do we lose our children?!"-Molly Bish's Mother
    **All posts are my opinion.**

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amber1 For This Useful Post:


  21. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    7,152
    Quote Originally Posted by amber1 View Post
    Was serial killer Gerald Stano in FL ever looked at? He killed over 40 women in the 70s and 80s, would offer her a ride and kill her, i wonder if he is connected to Wendy's vanishing.
    http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/s...ano/index.html
    Thanks.

    Reading this bio on Stano I believe he was arrested in 1980 and Wendy disappeared in 82.
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Sleuthster For This Useful Post:


  23. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,295
    Just checked the timeline I had in the bio on him, and yes he was, luckily that cancels him out for Wendy
    Have You Seen Me?
    Deanie Marie Pyle Peters
    Mary Jo Lee Long
    Leanna "Beaner" Warner
    Jodi Huisentruit
    Amy Billig
    Rachael Garden
    Stacie Madison and Susan Smalley
    The Springfield Three
    Fawn & Rozlin Abell
    The Forth Worth Trio
    Rachel Mellon Skemp

    ***
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/20806
    Where is Sharon Rose Sons?
    Discuss her case here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...aron+rose+sons

    "We lose our keys, we lose our glasses..but how, in America, do we lose our children?!"-Molly Bish's Mother
    **All posts are my opinion.**

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amber1 For This Useful Post:


  25. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    I'm in the haystack looking for that needle
    Posts
    609
    So, it's been mentioned in a few places, Wendy Lynn was pregnant. How pregnant?

  26. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    7,152
    Quote Originally Posted by EXIA15145 View Post
    So, it's been mentioned in a few places, Wendy Lynn was pregnant. How pregnant?
    It was news to me too! I only learned this from the article a few months ago. I would estemate at least 3-4 months, that's about how long she had been in Florida. Could have been more if she had found out before she left the husband.
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Sleuthster For This Useful Post:


  28. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,295
    Could her pregnancy have been a motive for her disappearance? That is, if she was taken by someone she knew.
    Have You Seen Me?
    Deanie Marie Pyle Peters
    Mary Jo Lee Long
    Leanna "Beaner" Warner
    Jodi Huisentruit
    Amy Billig
    Rachael Garden
    Stacie Madison and Susan Smalley
    The Springfield Three
    Fawn & Rozlin Abell
    The Forth Worth Trio
    Rachel Mellon Skemp

    ***
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/20806
    Where is Sharon Rose Sons?
    Discuss her case here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...aron+rose+sons

    "We lose our keys, we lose our glasses..but how, in America, do we lose our children?!"-Molly Bish's Mother
    **All posts are my opinion.**

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amber1 For This Useful Post:


  30. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    7,152
    Quote Originally Posted by amber1 View Post
    Could her pregnancy have been a motive for her disappearance? That is, if she was taken by someone she knew.
    That's always a possibility too.
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

  31. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,295
    I wonder if this case has a cold case unit on it-is it being looked at again? Is it active? I will double check her on NamUs.
    Have You Seen Me?
    Deanie Marie Pyle Peters
    Mary Jo Lee Long
    Leanna "Beaner" Warner
    Jodi Huisentruit
    Amy Billig
    Rachael Garden
    Stacie Madison and Susan Smalley
    The Springfield Three
    Fawn & Rozlin Abell
    The Forth Worth Trio
    Rachel Mellon Skemp

    ***
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/20806
    Where is Sharon Rose Sons?
    Discuss her case here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...aron+rose+sons

    "We lose our keys, we lose our glasses..but how, in America, do we lose our children?!"-Molly Bish's Mother
    **All posts are my opinion.**

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amber1 For This Useful Post:


  33. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    7,152
    A young man contacted me on twitter. He found me through this thread. Apparently he has something to say and I'd like to hear it. So if you come back on this thread please contact me if you know something about Wendy. Thank you.
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

  34. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    7,152
    Young man is relative of Wendy's on Aunt's side.
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

  35. #45
    carbuff is online now ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    11,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    Young man is relative of Wendy's on Aunt's side.
    Was there ever anything more on this that you would be able to share?

    And do you think there's any chance she could be this pregnant UID, found in 1988 but estimated to have been there 3-5 years? No idea how she would have wound up in PA...
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

  36. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    7,152
    Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    Was there ever anything more on this that you would be able to share?

    And do you think there's any chance she could be this pregnant UID, found in 1988 but estimated to have been there 3-5 years? No idea how she would have wound up in PA...
    Do you have a link? Thx
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

  37. #47
    carbuff is online now ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    11,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    Do you have a link? Thx
    Oops, sorry, I thought I posted it

    http://doenetwork.org/cases/461ufpa.html
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to carbuff For This Useful Post:


  39. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    7,152
    Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    Oops, sorry, I thought I posted it

    http://doenetwork.org/cases/461ufpa.html
    Thats a good find but I don't think it fits her with the clothing. I remember her being more tomboyish. Levi Cordory straight legs pants and band t-shirt type. Always the possibility though. Also, she was 5'9 or 5'10.

    There was a time she was looked at being http://doenetwork.org/cases/81ufar.html
    I believe she was ruled out though.
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

  40. #49
    carbuff is online now ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    11,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    Thats a good find but I don't think it fits her with the clothing. I remember her being more tomboyish. Levi Cordory straight legs pants and band t-shirt type. Always the possibility though. Also, she was 5'9 or 5'10.

    There was a time she was looked at being http://doenetwork.org/cases/81ufar.html
    I believe she was ruled out though.
    I didn't think the faces looked very close, either, but it can be hard to tell.

    Hm, there's a UID in a band t-shirt I was looking at recently, too.

    Do you think there's any chance the husband followed her to Florida?
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

  41. The Following User Says Thank You to carbuff For This Useful Post:


  42. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    7,152
    Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    I didn't think the faces looked very close, either, but it can be hard to tell.

    Hm, there's a UID in a band t-shirt I was looking at recently, too.

    Do you think there's any chance the husband followed her to Florida?
    It's a possibility but no mention of it. I did see something about her coming to Florida to get away from him.

    I just remember having a conversation with her and some of my friends about how she was married and I remember it just blew my mind to think about someone being married at 16, I was 15 at the time. She had said they weren't together any more. That was the day I met her at the storage unit where the group used to hang out and listen to the band practice.
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MA MA - Lynn Burdick, 18, Florida, 17 April 1982
    By anthrobones in forum 1980's Missing
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-21-2014, 01:04 PM
  2. WA Kristi Lynn Vorak (13) - Tacoma WA, 1982
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 05:38 PM
  3. MA Lynn Burdick (18) - Florida MA, 1982
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2010, 12:31 AM
  4. FL Wendy Lynn Huggy (16) - Clearwater FL, 1982
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2010, 01:40 AM
  5. PA Nicole Lynn Bryner (3) - Pittsburgh PA, 1982
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-09-2010, 07:03 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •