1176 users online (253 members and 923 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    6,119

    AR - Matthew Crocker, 3 mos, Van Buren, 9 June 1983

    He was recently added to the Charley Project.

    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...r_matthew.html

    Matthew Wade Crocker

    crocker_matthew.jpg
    Above: Matthew, circa 1983

    Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
    • Missing Since: June 9, 1983 from Van Buren, Arkansas
    • Classification: Non-Family Abduction
    • Date of Birth: February 12, 1983
    • Age: 3 months old
    • Height and Weight: 2'5, 15 pounds
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Matthew had a concave chest at the time of his disappearance.


    Details of Disappearance
    Matthew was abducted from his Van Buren, Arkansas home by a woman on June 9, 1983. The abductor is described as Caucasian, with a tattoo of a green and yellow star on the left side of her chest, a tattoo of a unicorn on her upper left arm, a long scar on the back of her right shoulder and a tattoo on her upper right arm. Matthew has never been seen again and few details are available in his case.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    13
    Very strange this is just now being added to Charley and being brought up in general. Especially being a non-family abduction... and with that description of the abductor. I hope this gets some attention!!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    6,119
    Quote Originally Posted by jlo27916 View Post
    Very strange this is just now being added to Charley and being brought up in general. Especially being a non-family abduction... and with that description of the abductor. I hope this gets some attention!!!!
    I agree that it's strange there are no prior reports on his disappearance. He was added recently to the Missing Children site and I can't find any articles on his disappearance. I don't want to say that a missing infant was forgotten about (not by his family, but by investigators) but it appears that way.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by jlo27916 View Post
    Very strange this is just now being added to Charley and being brought up in general. Especially being a non-family abduction... and with that description of the abductor. I hope this gets some attention!!!!
    I also agree that this is very strange! If he was taken in 1983, that's four years after Ethan Patz (one of the first "milk carton" kidnappings). Abductions in the early to mid 80s were highly publicized. What is just bringing this to light and public knowledge now? The first posting I saw of MC's abduction was on the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children's FB page- where did they get the info? Who reported it? Why now? Does he still have family alive? Would they have not tried to publicize this earlier? So many questions here.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    6,119
    I missed his NamUs profile before:

    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/27841

    Matthew was allegedly abducted from his home by an adult female on June 9, 1983, when he was 4 months old. Matthew is now 32 years old

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Eastern Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeWillBeServed View Post

    .....

    Matthew was abducted from his Van Buren, Arkansas home by a woman on June 9, 1983. The abductor is described as Caucasian, with a tattoo of a green and yellow star on the left side of her chest, a tattoo of a unicorn on her upper left arm, a long scar on the back of her right shoulder and a tattoo on her upper right arm. Matthew has never been seen again and few details are available in his case.
    SBM, BBM. Not to sound cynical, but what exactly was this abductor wearing that all those different tattoos could be identified?

    A halter top, tube top or swimsuit?

    What happened to Erica Jayne Franolich?
    Missing from Middleburgh, NY, October 1986

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southern
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by Redux View Post
    SBM, BBM. Not to sound cynical, but what exactly was this abductor wearing that all those different tattoos could be identified?

    A halter top, tube top or swimsuit?
    Good question! Of course, June in AR can be pretty hot, but I agree it must have been something like a halter, tube top, maybe a sundress? What's odd too is that we don't know why the woman was there or who saw her take the baby. It doesn't say how she came to have contact with him. Charley Project says he was abducted from his home so how did this woman gain entrance and make off with the baby? There must be a lot more to the story. Plus, whoever described the tattoos must have had plenty of time to observe and describe them.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Eastern Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,182
    Yes, lots of missing information here.
    Last edited by Redux; 04-10-2015 at 01:35 PM.

    What happened to Erica Jayne Franolich?
    Missing from Middleburgh, NY, October 1986

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    175
    It also seems strange that there is only information about the tattoos; no approximate height, build, age, never mind a composite sketch; I would imagine that someone who could identify all of those tattoos would have been able to provide enough information for an artist to come up with something. I'm definitely in agreement that there is a lot missing here.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    6,119
    Bumping, missing now for 32 years.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    6,119
    A bit of an update on the suspected abductor. From the Charley Project

    Matthew was abducted from his Van Buren, Arkansas home by a woman on June 9, 1983. A composite sketch of the abductor is posted below this case summary. She's described as Caucasian, with a tattoo of a green and yellow star on the left side of her chest, a tattoo of a unicorn on her upper left arm, a long scar on the back of her right shoulder and a tattoo on her upper right arm of the name "Kathy" with a ribbon above it. Authorities believe the suspect may have worked at a carnival that had stopped in nearby Fort Smith, Arkansas at the time of Michael's disappearance. She may have used the alias name "Kathy Johnson." Matthew has never been seen again and few details are available in his case.


    Above: Sketch of abductor

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    7,884
    For some reason I can't get the Charlie Project link to work. Here is the link for NCMC http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1244530/1
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    293
    So many questions. How could they have seen all the tattoos so closely, but not being able to grab the baby back? Something isn't right. And who saw the abductor take the child?

    My thoughts; Did she maybe match a description of someone who worked at the carnival (like height and haircolor), and then her coworkers told the cops about the tattoos?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by dogperson View Post
    Good question! Of course, June in AR can be pretty hot, but I agree it must have been something like a halter, tube top, maybe a sundress? What's odd too is that we don't know why the woman was there or who saw her take the baby. It doesn't say how she came to have contact with him. Charley Project says he was abducted from his home so how did this woman gain entrance and make off with the baby? There must be a lot more to the story. Plus, whoever described the tattoos must have had plenty of time to observe and describe them.

    BBM

    Perry said 32 years ago, a woman, who may have gone by Kathy Johnson, was working at the fair in Fort Smith. She met a man who was friends with the Crocker family and he convinced them to allow Johnson to live with them, according to Perry.
    http://5newsonline.com/2015/09/25/va...ld-kidnapping/

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    28
    I feel like he's probably out there somewhere, completely unaware of who he really is I wonder if he's still in the U.S. or she crossed into Mexico after abducting him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. NY NY - Robert Gutkaiss, 15, Stephentown, 30 June 1983
    By JusticeWillBeServed in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-09-2017, 03:07 PM
  2. MD MD - Kimberly Mileo, 20, Croom, 9 June 1983
    By Richard in forum 1980's Missing
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 07-01-2017, 12:57 AM
  3. KY KY - Ann Gotlib, 12, Louisville, 1 June 1983
    By Richard in forum 1980's Missing
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 06-21-2017, 10:27 PM
  4. Found Deceased MA - John Crocker, 83, Rockport, 3 April 2014
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-05-2014, 10:46 PM

Tags for this Thread