FL - Darlene Robertson 64, slain in her New Smyrna Beach home, 17 March 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Son finds slain mother, 64, inside New Smyrna Beach home
Darlene Robertson's body found Wednesday morning, police say
A son found his slain 64-year-old mother inside her home Wednesday morning, according to the New Smyrna Beach Police Department. Darlene Robertson's son arrived at her home on Desoto Drive after one of the victim's co-workers called him to say that she didn't show up for work, police said. Investigators said Robertson died of wounds to her abdomen and blunt force trauma to her head. Neighbors told WESH 2's Claire Metz that Robertson was well-known in the area and worked as a manager at a local condominium complex.

Neighbors said the 64-year-old lived by herself after she recently lost her husband.
http://www.wesh.com/news/slain-woma...ve-in-new-smyrna-beach-officials-say/31865992

Police searching for New Smyrna Beach murder victim's missing car
NSB-murder-victim-car-0318.jpg

NEW SMYRNA BEACH --
Police are looking for suspects after a woman was found dead inside her Volusia County home Wednesday morning.

New Smyrna Beach police said Darlene Robertson was found dead by her son inside her home on the 400 block of DeSoto Drive after a co-worker told family members she did not show up for work.

The son called police after finding his mother's body.

Police Chief Mike Coffin said the victim had multiple wounds and blunt force trauma to the head. Her death was ruled suspicious. Police said they do not have any suspects at the moment.

http://www.mynews13.com/content/new...icles/cfn/2015/3/18/woman_found_dead_in_.html

Widowed and then murdered like this?! I hope they get this perp fast and sentence him to the max allowed!

The original link by los has an update that the grandson is a person of interest.

I couldn't ever fathom finding my own mother like that. I feel so bad for her son.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say perhaps drugs might have been involved - as in he needed drug money and grandma had it.

SMH.....

New Smyrna Beach Police Chief Mike Coffin said Campbell was at the home Tuesday evening, and a bike they believe belongs to Campbell is at the house.

Robertson's car, which is a tan or beige 2006 Nissan Altima with Florida plate 803MBW, is missing from the home, police said. Police sent out a nationwide alert to find it.

"I think it's reasonable to assume at this point that (Campbell) has some connection to the vehicle," said Coffin. "Finding the vehicle is the best lead we have at this point."

Henry Toland has been friends with Campbell for about 10 years. He said he's concerned for Campbell's mental health.

"The whole thing just makes me sad. His grandma was a great person and never would hurt anyone, especially not him, so I don't know what could be going on in his head right now," Toland said. " I just have a picture in my head of him acting poorly to some of his delusions or because of something he is feeling. Maybe he doesn't realize what's going on."

http://www.wesh.com/news/slain-woma...ve-in-new-smyrna-beach-officials-say/31865992

According to the channel 9 news just now the grandson has confessed to killing his grandmother. Such a sad thing to have happen. I confess, I don't have a lot of the details but the case has been on the news quite a lot.

http://www.mynews13.com/content/new...es/cfn/2015/3/19/new_smyrna_beach_murder.html

He drove to his lawyer's office ((one who had represented him with traffic )) to ask her to introduce him to federal agents in her building.

'"Soon after Campbell met with federal agents, New Smyrna Beach police arrived and took him into custody. Campbell did not answer any questions as police led him handcuffed to a squad car.

"I just think that this is the type of person that would prefer a federal agency involved, perhaps because he has seen state agencies, when they arrest people, throw them to the ground," Drees said.

Campbell was quietly led away, refusing to answer any questions. He will go before a judge Friday
."

He wanted to deal with federal agents according to his lawyer because state LE throws people to the ground during arrest.

In the link the son of the deceased explains that his mother is dead in his living room (I 'thought' it was her residence)

"911 dispatcher: How long has she been down for? Can you look at her?

Robertson's son: I have no idea. She didn't show up for work this morning. Somehow they got in touch with my wife. She called me; I happen to be fairly close by, came by to check on her, and — dead — she's right in the middle of my living room.''

the grandson is the son of daughter of the deceased

the son who found his mother is maternal uncle of the accused and who had this to say after Campbell's arrest:

“Just knowing that he's off the street and that the rest of the family is safe, is good,” said Robertson's son Michael Whitten in a brief telephone interview.''

The attorney had positive things including:

“I represented Patrick in the past,” Drees said. “He's very bright. He's very kind. He cares about others.”

"Campbell has a criminal history that includes misdemeanor charges, but according to court records, he has not previously been arrested for any violent offenses.

He is being held without bail at the Volusia County Branch Jail and will make his first appearance before a judge this afternoon"

http://m.news-journalonline.com/Section/28/Article/150319393

''From the start of the hearing, he uttered confusing statements about being a special agent and target.

Judge: “You’re Mr. Campbell?”

Campbell: “Sir, I, I’m actually a United States agent. I have completed a sanctioned target and I have a sanction in hand for the matter at hand.”

Campbell said he didn’t need a public defender but the judge assigned him one anyway.''

Mental evaluation approved by the court.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/man-charged-first-degreemurder-grandmothers-death-/nkbL6/

this suspect has previously been diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic...... i find this thread so disturbing and so sad :(

may the grandmother rest in peace :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back