1195 users online (244 members and 951 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

CO - Pregnant woman, 26, stabbed, fetus cut from womb died, Longmont, 18 March 2015

I haven't made my own thread so if I doing this wrong my apoligizes, but I saw this breaking news here in Colorado.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/crim...womb/24994517/

Quote Originally Posted by SpriteGal View Post
    I haven't made my own thread so if I doing this wrong my apoligizes, but I saw this breaking news here in Colorado.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/crim...womb/24994517/
    These stories are always so freaky. Thanks for posting.

Oh man, the baby died

She wasn't full term... she was 28 weeks pregnant or so.
    At that age many babies survive... but that is with immediate medical care.
    That is assuming that the baby wasn't injured in the stabbing or beating itself.

I am amazed the Mom survived. Generally that only happens when the baby isn't successfully removed.
    I wonder if she is still able to have children... or if that was taken from her as well.

These stories scare the crap out of me - being pregnant with my 3rd child... an absolute miracle.
    I did buy some things used online from other people...
    However, they were in a facebook group where others I knew were familiar with them.
    There was only a few people I met in person... most I just paid a bit more for shipping.

Also, I am only 21 weeks pregnant now.
    All our baby supplies will be purchased before I am far enough along to tempt a crazy person like this.
    With my first two pregnancies I tried not to look pregnant in public... these stories had me so freaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    She wasn't full term... she was 28 weeks pregnant or so.
    At that age many babies survive... but that is with immediate medical care.
    That is assuming that the baby wasn't injured in the stabbing or beating itself.

These stories scare the crap out of me - being pregnant with my 3rd child... an absolute miracle.
    I did buy some things used online from other people...
    However, they were in a facebook group where others I knew were familiar with them.
    There was only a few people I met in person... most I just paid a bit more for shipping.

Also, I am only 21 weeks pregnant now.
    All our baby supplies will be purchased before I am far enough along to tempt a crazy person like this.
    With my first two pregnancies I tried not to look pregnant in public... these stories had me so freaked out.
    Congratulations on your pregnancy

I wonder what the abortion law there is--she might not even be charged with murder.

Well regardless, they would have to prove the baby was born alive and died after it was born.
    Unless there was stabbing or other injuries... the defense could argue that the baby was going to be stillborn anyway.

This is such a sad, horrendous story. That poor woman and baby. I used to do Craigs List when my son was very little and buy/sell with other moms. In the beginning, I'd have them come to my house (if husband was home) or go to their house (I think women feel safer dealing with women). But then I started moving it to public places only. Now, I don't even consider CL an option for anything.

I find it amazing the killer had 2 kids of her own. You just expect a mother to be better than this. Of course the world is full of horrible mothers, but still.

Omg...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...olen/25007091/

Officers called to the residence Wednesday afternoon found the 26-year-old victim, who was seven months pregnant, stabbed and beaten... She underwent surgery and is expected to recover, but the baby did not survive.

Satur said the suspect arrived at the hospital with the baby and told staff she had suffered a miscarriage... The suspect was arrested at the hospital on suspicion of attempted first-degree murder, first-degree assault and child abuse-knowingly and recklessly resulting in death.

Boulder County District Attorney Stan Garnett said his office will consider what formal charges to file. “The issues involving an unborn child are complicated under Colorado law,” he said. “In most circumstances, if a child was not actually born alive, then homicide charges are not possible.”

http://www.valleynewslive.com/home/h...296849151.html

The suspect was arrested several hours later when she brought the dead baby to the same hospital. Longmont Police Commander Jeff Satur said the suspect's husband drove her to the emergency room, thinking the child was alive, but is not himself considered a suspect, NBC affiliate KUSA reported.

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    This was one of my biggest fears when I was pregnant. It is such a scary world out there. I have gone to a persons house once a long time ago to go through clothes. I felt quite comfortable, and it turned out just fine. I doubt I'll do that again though. I have left people items on my own porch instead of answering the door. Most people prefer to meet at a local park.

I am feeling very sad for this mom. I can not imagine the pain she is going though. Why would this other lady do something, when she must of known the baby would not have lived

WT@?%!

Seems most cases like this involve the mother dying and the infant surviving. Good to hear at least the mother survived this horrendous attack though she will probably be traumatized for life.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast