VA - UVA Student bloodied during arrest outside bar, protests and calls for probe

liljim

Former Member
Reaction score
as usual the media and now plenty of people online and off are getting the story wrong, this was not over a fake ID and the man was not "savagely beaten".

all of this misinformation will only detract from the legitimate issues to be discussed, most of all - why was the decision made to detain him? and what exactly happened that it was necessary to take him to the ground in order to detain him?

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/articl...nor-committee-member-martese-johnson-arrested

""Johnson was arrested on charges of resisting arrest, obstructing justice without threats of force, and profane swearing or intoxication in public. The arresting officer was Alcohol and Beverage Control special agent J. Miller.

Miller noted on the arrest record that Johnson “was very agitated and belligerent but [has] no previous criminal history.”"

i do not think he was charged with resisting, not 100% sure tho because of all the bad early reporting, but most places are not listing that among his charges.

Just wanted to say that head wounds can bleed heavily and not be that serious.
Did the police smack his head with a baton ? Or did Johnson hit it himself during the scuffle ?

As always, it is troubling when people jump to declare a person a 'hero' ; without examining the whole case.
Which is why we are here at WS.

:moo:

Don Lemon on CNN commenting on MJ being asked for his zip code when being carded at the bar, "I can't remember my zip code half the time". Why doesn't this surprise me.

now im reading this morning that his lawyer says that they were questioning whether his ID was legitimate? after his statement initially that it had nothing to do with a fake ID issue... im lost.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phernandez22
Back