1194 users online (227 members and 967 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

MN - Barway Collins, 10, Crystal, 18 March 2015 #1

Barway Edwin Collins

Police looking for missing 10-year-old Crystal boy
    Authorities are searching for 10-year-old boy from Crystal who has been missing since after school on Wednesday.

Barway Edwin Collins was last seen near his apartment building in the 5400 block of Douglas Drive North after classes Wednesday, according to the Crystal Police Department.

Deputy Chief Mike Meehan said the department is working to find the boy, but has little to go on.
    http://www.startribune.com/local/296888061.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Authorities say Barway Edwin Collins was last seen after school Wednesday, near his apartment building in the 5400 block of Douglas Drive North. He was reported missing to police around 6:30 p.m.
    “We’re worried about him,” Mike Meehan, deputy chief of the Crystal Police Department, told BringMeTheNews. “We thought he’d show up and he hasn’t.”
    Police have been looking for the boy all night, including having dogs comb the parking lot.
    “We’re covering all our bases,” Meehan said.
    http://bringmethenews.com/2015/03/19...-publics-help/

Oh what a cute guy. Hope he's home safe soon x
    The difference between a Stumbling Block and Stepping Stone is the Character of the individual walking the path.

All views are my own ~ and will probably change on a frequent basis

Crystal Police Do Not Believe Stranger Abducted Missing 10-Year-Old Boy

Police said they do not have information that he was abducted by a stranger and that he is with someone he knows.

Officials also the case does not meet the criteria to issue an Amber Alert.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story...m-crystal-minn

A little more information plus a statement from the father. Information seems to slightly contradict the info in the above article, tho.

I really hope this boy is safe.

Damarna is offline Verified State Coordinator for CFSI/ Insider - Parker Haluptzok

Hoping he's found safe soon.

I wonder what time he was seen on surveillance camera? Was that right after the bus dropped him off?
    Someone must of caught the boys attention, wish that someone was also on camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Damarna View Post
    From your link, statement from detectives:

"We do not have information that would lead us to believe this is a stranger abduction. We do have information that leads us to believe he is with someone he may know," Revering said.

I really hope this seeming nonchalance is based on more than Barway looking back and looking like his attention was caught by someone he knew. I wonder if LE have seen something on surveillance that they have not shared with the family. I don't know. Family facebook accounts are eerily devoid of almost any mention of this child.

Article also says BCA and FBI have been brought in.

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    If they think that he's with someone he knows, why involve the FBI? It makes me that maybe he's being held by the person he is with. I'm not sure however.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

I haven't seen his mom mentioned in any of the articles. Does anyone know if she's living?

Damarna is offline Verified State Coordinator for CFSI/ Insider - Parker Haluptzok
    I think I found dad's sm page and it shows him with his wife. Not sure if she is mom.

ETA: Kare11 report previously linked states parents are Pierre and Yamah Collins.

It is a dad and stepmom according to Hejlena's link in post #5 above.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Family is now saying this IS a stranger abduction.

The search for Barway Collins: https://youtu.be/OsuS6Q17Pl0

http://www.twelve.tv/news/newsitem.a...wsitemid=26990

So I guess his mother is in that video? They identified her as his mom.

Certainly doesn't sound like she kidnapped him. What a mystery - prayers he is found soon, and healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Damarna View Post
    Family is now saying this IS a stranger abduction.

The search for Barway Collins: https://youtu.be/OsuS6Q17Pl0

http://www.twelve.tv/news/newsitem.a...wsitemid=26990
    I haven't seen a situation like this before. Both mom and dad look genuinely concerned and bewildered. For what reason do LE think a friend or relative would take Barway, and why in the world is this so low-key???? This is a ten year old boy who has been missing for two days now.

Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast