VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell
635611025223203971-Untitled.png

Norfolk Police searching for missing teen
NORFOLK-- Police need your help in the search for a missing Norfolk teen.

18-year-old. Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell was last seen on March 3, 2015 around 5:30 a.m. at her parent's home in the Tarrallton Area of Norfolk.

Her parents reported her missing around 9:15 that evening.

Norfolk Detectives have no indication of foul play but they are actively searching for her.
http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news...k-police-searching-for-missing-teen/24410513/

The Rules

Media Thread

BRING AJ HOME

SBHack's Case Map

Interview Transcript via luckyseven

Elizabella's Timeline AND Links

Purple text = info received via Social Media, Blue = Interview, Black = Media, and Red = LE

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

MISSING in AMERICA: Anjelica Hadsell
NBC News
March 16, 2015

Anjelica Hadsell, known as AJ to family and friends, was last seen by a neighbor driving her car towards her parents' home on March 2nd in Norfolk, Virginia. A neighbor reported seeing AJ driving "with purpose" and then saw a white four-door vehicle following about a minute behind her. That same white car was then seen in the family's driveway, according to AJ's father. The college freshman, who was home on spring break from Longwood University, had recently had problems with someone she knew.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Please continue here for AJ

So WH is in Norfolk jail and per their website there is no bond. Court date is tomorrow. IF he has a lawyer at that hearing, he'll surely argue for bail. Argument will probably be the charges are not serious enough to deny bail or even for an unreasonably high bail. They'll probably argue that he has family here and is not a flight risk. If Norfolk PD and the prosecutor want him to be continued to be held without bail or a have a high bail of, say, $1 million, they may have to present something to the judge to justify it. Other than he is a convicted felon, more information may come out.

If this teen left her jacket balled up under a couch cushion, and he kept her credit card, only to boldly be the first one to find it, then he is not too bright. I would think that LE would have some evidence against him if he is this impulsive, sloppy and disorganized.

For some reason, they are looking past him it seems. Maybe someone else was even stupider?

WH served less than 2 years for past felonies in state prison. The most serious charges were dropped. I am sure 10 years later he sees himself as quite intelligent and able to "handle" LE. And I doubt he would be the type to marry a woman or be friends with people he sees as strong-willed or smarter than himself. That is true for most of people, in general.

Kicking off the thread I want to thank the mods! I'm new here but not to the Internet, and y'all run an impressively tight ship. I'm sure it isn't easy to keep track of so much material that moves at such a quick pace. The chatter surrounding this case is probably particularly difficult to reign in at times, so thank you for your patience with us! :)

So WH is in Norfolk jail and per their website there is no bond. Court date is tomorrow. IF he has a lawyer at that hearing, he'll surely argue for bail. Argument will probably be the charges are not serious enough to deny bail or even for an unreasonably high bail. They'll probably argue that he has family here and is not a flight risk. If Norfolk PD and the prosecutor want him to be continued to be held without bail or a have a high bail of, say, $1 million, they may have to present something to the judge to justify it. Other than he is a convicted felon, more information may come out.

I have a legal question - if he manages to get bail, what are the boundaries for WH using the money to pay? I'm sure he could make a solid argument that using the money to pay his bail is assisting the case, which technically is what people donate to the page for. I'm not familiar with this so I'm just wondering.

But he ran when he had those kidnapping charges against him with his first wife...so they may consider him a flight risk based on that.

I have a legal question - if he manages to get bail, what are the boundaries for WH using the money to pay? I'm sure he could make a solid argument that using the money to pay his bail is assisting the case, which technically is what people donate to the page for. I'm not familiar with this so I'm just wondering.

There are no boundaries on using crowd sourced funding for anything you want to use it for. It's for the family to use as they see fit. Which is why I said in the last thread, since AJ's mom is the one who set up the account (anyway, it was her name used, if not her directly) I do hope she's the one in charge of it, and WH does not have access to it.

What bothers me most about his breaking into the kid's house is the amount of time he spent there. 18 minutes is a very specific amount of time. It also doesn't seem like a lot for searching for your lost daughter. If he found the jacket after 18 minutes, wouldn't that lead him to search even more? I know that if I found one clue I would think that there might just be more clues somewhere else in the house and I wouldn't stop looking until I had to.

Likewise, I doubt he was alone in breaking into the house. He would have had an accomplice. Someone was on the lookout and possibly even helping him in searching the house. I would pull all of his immediate family (sister, brother, niece, etc) in for interrogations to straighten everything else. He would have needed help in casing the house to know when the family left.

On a final note: I am not sure the house was "trashed". He said he pealed back carpets and looked in trash, but he would have left the house as clean as possible so as not to alert the kid that someone was onto him. And if he really found the jacket in the house there would have been a picture, the "tip" would have gotten to the police that day / night, and there is no way the family would have not been watching that house 24/7 until the cops showed up.

ADMIN NOTE: Bringing over this question from the previous thread.

NOW can we talk about the criminal past? IT'S IN MSM!!!! *(Leave it to the Daily Mail LOL)*

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ims-jacket-daughter-wearing-went-missing.html
You can discuss the fact that WH was arrested in 2005, and the charges, because that is in MSM.

You CANNOT start sleuthing the victim, nor the specific circumstances, nor post the arrest record or other related documents.

WH has not been named a POI in AJ's disappearance. So tread very carefully when making allegations.

Any speculation MUST be backed up by the MSM reported facts in this case. That means including LINKS in your posts.

FB and reader comments on news sites are considered "rumor". Don't bring the rumors here.

As always, NO link, NO post. In other words, if you can't link it to MSM, don't talk about it.

Thanks.

Here's a link to the VA sentencing guidelines: http://leg1.state.va.us/000/cod/18.2-10.HTM

(e) For Class 5 felonies, a term of imprisonment of not less than one year nor more than 10 years, or in the discretion of the jury or the court trying the case without a jury, confinement in jail for not more than 12 months and a fine of not more than $2,500, either or both.

(f) For Class 6 felonies, a term of imprisonment of not less than one year nor more than five years, or in the discretion of the jury or the court trying the case without a jury, confinement in jail for not more than 12 months and a fine of not more than $2,500, either or both.

Links to the statutes WH has been charged under:
Four counts § 18.2-460 C. Obstructing justice; penalty. = four class 5 felonies
One count § 18.2-92. Breaking and entering dwelling house with intent to commit other misdemeanor. = one class 6 felony
One count § 18.2-308.2 A. Possession or transportation of firearms, firearms ammunition, stun weapons, explosives or concealed weapons by convicted felons; penalties; petition for permit; when issued. = one class 6 felony

So that's a maximum sentence of 50 years (10+10+10+10+5+5)
A minimum sentence of 6 years (1+1+1+1+1+1)
Or less than 6 years incarceration + up to $15,000 fine.

I don't know about y'all but I classify those as some pretty serious charges. IMO.

*Innocent until proven guilty, all of these calculations are assuming WH is convicted of all 6 charges as they currently stand, this is not legal advise and please do not rely on these calculations. I make mistakes often!*

ETA: I did not take "repeat offender" implications into consideration for these calculations. Not sure if that has an effect or not.

Has anyone else wondered, why would you pull back the carpet? What would you be looking for under the carpet??

Just a couple of things from early on that I found strange. As far as I can tell the family nor norfolk PD has asked for any info concerning movements of the truck from 7am to 2:30 pm on March 2nd. Someone could have seen the truck but not the driver. Maybe someone saw the truck, but AJ wasn't driving? Maybe someone saw the truck driving erratically? Running a red light? Parked at a car wash or some other business? There have been a few questions about the truck on the FB page, but the admin always replies back that the truck was left at the house and is not being searched for. One commenter asked for a pic of the truck to be posted to the FB page, the admin only replies that they aren't searching for the truck. The commenter then goes on to ask if tweedy bird or birds mean anything to them. I didn't see any further replies after that. You would think they would try to piece the trucks movements together and vet any sightings of the truck? Strange.

Why would you peal back carpets, what would you be looking for, what kind of carpet padding was used? That would be way down the list of things I would do when breaking into a house.

Has anyone else wondered, why would you pull back the carpet? What would you be looking for under the carpet??

Maybe the dog he punched was sniffing there and he thought he'd take a look, like a good detective. NOT.

I wonder if he meant rug (not attached to floor) instead of carpet (attached). Either way, he was out of line. And who times himself and says "roughly 18 minutes"? Roughly would be 20 minutes if you were there about 18.

My thinking was that stains can be cleaned from the carpet, but not the subfloor.

Why would you peal back carpets, what would you be looking for, what kind of carpet padding was used? That would be way down the list of things I would do when breaking into a house.

Maybe he was looking for blood?

I noticed a "nothing new" post on FAFB from Thursday 3-19-15 @ 6:03pm. Maybe I have my dates and times completely mixed up, but Isn't that when the family got the tip about clothes by the side of the road and raced down there on a borrowed 4 wheeler to potentially mishandle evidence and trample on forensics, if there were any?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie