Yah hey! Sonya Thomas, also known as da Black Widow, ate tirdy-five (35) of dem der brats in 10 minutes Saturday at Kiwanis Park to become da undisputed brat-eatin’ world champion.

“I feel goooooood,” said Thomas after the International Federation of Competitive Eating-sanctioned event. “It was so close. Only half of a brat.”

Nick Schneider of Plymouth devoured 15 brats to win the amateur or Wisconsin division of the brat-eating contest at Brat Days, sponsored by the Sheboygan Jaycees and Johnsonville Sausage. Schneider won $1,000 for himself and $1,000 for Neighbors Against Drugs.

“I can’t believe I won,” said Schneider, 27, seconds after defeating 19 other less gluttonous contenders. “I won’t eat another one now.”

The frail, petite, 99-pound, 5-foot-5-inch-tall Thomas of Alexandria, Va., chomped one last half of a brat to nudge out a sweaty Joey Chestnut of San Jose, Calif., who wolfed down 34˝ sausages for second place in the professional division.

“I don’t know where she puts it,” said spectator Sue Van De Kreeke, 55, of Sheboygan. “I got sick watching her.”

http://www.wisinfo.com/sheboyganpress/news/archive/local_22102626.shtml