GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

zwiebel

Reaction score
'An American tourist's battered body has been found in a suitcase at an exclusive hotel on Indonesia's resort island of Bali and her daughter and daughter's boyfriend have been arrested over the killing, police said.

The body of Sheila von Wiese Mack was found on Tuesday stuffed into a suitcase in the boot of a taxi in front of the five-star St Regis hotel in the upscale Nusa Dua resort area of Bali.'

The 62 - year-old victim had been staying in the exclusive hotel with her daughter, Heather, 19, and her daughter's boyfriend, Tommy Schaefer, 21. She was found half naked and investigators say she had put up such a fierce struggle, she had broken her left hand.

The US Embassy in Jakarta says it is aware of the arrests. There doesn't seem to be any information about where in the US the three are from.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-...e-mack-body-found-in-suitcase-on-bali/5668728

Timeline/Media Thread

Thread 1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 1,174
Just want to mention that the man sitting next to HM will be a translator. Her lawyer(s) sit off to the side, behind the carved bench that you can see in the 1st picture. She had to sit by herself in front of the judges .. other than having a translator with her. Same with TS.

In the 2nd pic, she is probably looking over at her lawyer ... "dammit, they know about the text messages - whoops, forgot to mention those to you."

t0gfhg.jpg

24AEF99E00000578-0-image-m-13_1421226554301.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...stuffed-body-suitcase-arrives-trial-Bali.html

Because the old thread is closed I cannot quote anything from it, would someone post the pics from the last tommyex photos link that was posted? Thank you.

:tyou:east2west !

I know I read that TS and RS had not been dating for a couple of years at the time of her death. I think they broke up before they both started college per a close friend of hers that was chagrined that TS's name was being linked with RS's name under such sordid circumstances and was making it clear the two were long past their dating days with no recent affiliation. RS and TS graduated in 2011 from Oak Park-River Forest High School and HM left there in June 2013 at the end of her junior year. He started at Northern Illinois and RS at U of M, I believe that was for the 2011-2012 fall term which makes sense because on a site about a scholarship drive in her name notes her as being a junior at the university. There was discussion in one of the very early threads of speculation that TS and HM probably were acquainted thru the high school, though I'm not sure that was the case. Side note, I just realized that SWM was 43 when she had HM, I don't know why that surprised me.

Just going over the emails that were sent and noticed that there was one from HM (chocolateswirl)- sent to her mother.
What interests me is the final end remark ... in BOLD

http://dig.abclocal.go.com/wls/documents/mack-emails.pdf

To: "Elliott Jacobson" <ejent@comcast.net>
Sent: Sunday, July 6, 2014 11:22:48 PM
Subject: Fw:
On Sunday, July 6, 2014 9:53 PM, Heather Mack <chocolateswirl@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
You dont want me at all so im just leaving i just want to die

To: ejent@comcast.net
Sent: Wednesday, July 9, 2014 7:08:10 PM
Dear Elliott,
I have not been able to call you today - it was terrible all last night and again this morning. I was with the police for several hours late last night (I returned home at 1:30 am and did not want to wake you up at that hour) and I had to meet with them again today. It took almost four hours at the station because I had to wait so long. A real nightmare unfolded....I will call you later tonight to tell you all of the details. I was
scared to death - one of the guys that Heather was with had a gun.
Love,
Sheila

This is a line I think she has used to get her way before - and she has used it as ammunition (via Soenardi) to say that she is 'suicidal'. A threat to intimidate - blame - shift responsibility, with the pre-empt to deceive cunningly. I doubt she had any intention to 'die' on either occasion - considering the email threat:
HM was just about to (or already had made the move) to add herself to her mothers Credit card and use it fraudulently to have a Squad Party at the Conrad at Sheila's expense.
Considering the demand from Soenardi to the Trustee:
She was just about to give birth and she wanted more money immediately.

No, she was not going to 'die' she just (1) needed to get away and commit a crime - and make her mother feel as if it was her fault.
and (2) same thing related to the Suicide threat prior to the baby's birth and to try and force the funds to be released.

Just going over the emails that were sent and noticed that there was one from HM (chocolateswirl)- sent to her mother.
What interests me is the final end remark ... in BOLD

http://dig.abclocal.go.com/wls/documents/mack-emails.pdf

This is a line I think she has used to get her way before - and she has used it as ammunition (via Soenardi) to say that she is 'suicidal'. A threat to intimidate - blame - shift responsibility, with the pre-empt to deceive cunningly. I doubt she had any intention to 'die' on either occasion - considering the email threat:
HM was just about to (or already had made the move) to add herself to her mothers Credit card and use it fraudulently to have a Squad Party at the Conrad at Sheila's expense.
Considering the demand from Soenardi to the Trustee:
She was just about to give birth and she wanted more money immediately.

No, she was not going to 'die' she just (1) needed to get away and commit a crime - and make her mother feel as if it was her fault.
and (2) same thing related to the Suicide threat prior to the baby's birth and to try and force the funds to be released.

Jodi Arias, a woman who fought tooth and nail to avoid the death penalty. Almost the exact same line repeated multiple times to her victim. It's a manipulation ploy only. Both have incredible self esteem and entitled narcissism and would never kill themselves. Both are fighting with every manipulative tool in their arsenal to live. Both blaming the victim and refusing to take any responsibility. Both murders premeditated by months at least.

The similarities in the two are frightening.

MOO

Because the old thread is closed I cannot quote anything from it, would someone post the pics from the last tommyex photos link that was posted? Thank you.

Here's the one that was posted 71 weeks ago - Tommy with his lil' homie ;):

Lil homie .JPG

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...born-daughter-begin-life-prison-together.html

"Smiling 'Bali body in suitcase' teen Heather Mack leaves hospital with newborn daughter to begin life in prison together"

*barf*

Anyways, I'm confused about this:

"Despite the emotional scenes, administrative affairs had to be dealt with - one of Miss Mack's legal team had to settle the hospital bill, paying $6000 with his credit card, which he will claim back from the many thousands of dollars that have been released to him from Miss Mack's Trust account. "

I coulda sworn this was already paid for from the trust...

I am stunned as usual at the photos and video with that article ^^^.

It's like theater of the absurd.

:notgood:

MOO

From a July 30 email (shortly before departure to Bali:

Your daughter may steal your computer again so you have to change the password, user name and the security question as well as establish a security wall also with passwords, user names etc. to even prevent the computer from being opened at all. This would protect your e-mail, internet sites you access and the files in your computer......[snipped]
I suggest that you use the inheritance as a weapon. Talk to your brother about a contract that Heather will have to sign in order to receive
anything ever. The contract would along the lines of what I wrote you regarding earning the inheritance. Heather does not need to know about
anything in your will other than that in order to be eligible for anything she must sign. You just tell her it out of your hands and up to Heather.

I think HM read SWM's emails and that sealed SWM's fate.

Thoughts about the latest news. HM's sense of entitlement continues to astound me. She acts like she's Kate Middleton returning to the palace, smiling patiently as she deals with the paparazzi. Life is tough when you're a world-class celebrity (in your own mind).

Re: suicide threats. Yes, she's worked this phony threat to her advantage before. Poor Sheila.

Favia anticipated $15K for the birth, including pre-natal. That sounds like HM had decided all along that she would have a c-section. I'm skeptical that pre-natal came to $9K.

I wonder if Kia Walker is going to stay in Bali for the duration of the trial. Her fund-raiser only got $10K. The last update she provided, $200 had gone to TS for food and essentials. She spent a much larger chunk on two trips to Bali. Not a whole lot left for legal representation for TS - or does she know that TS's legal costs are buried in HM's bills? She clearly didn't know HM (and her 'attitude') or she would have known HM wasn't handing Stella over.

Jodi Arias, a woman who fought tooth and nail to avoid the death penalty. Almost the exact same line repeated multiple times to her victim. It's a manipulation ploy only. Both have incredible self esteem and entitled narcissism and would never kill themselves. Both are fighting with every manipulative tool in their arsenal to live. Both blaming the victim and refusing to take any responsibility. Both murders premeditated by months at least.

The similarities in the two are frightening.

MOO

I have to say even tho I do not follow JA, after seeing that last link I have to agree with you. You have to hand it to Heather she is nothing if not consistent in her theatre, and she is not stupid.

@whattthewhaat, Yes, I know one of the articles I read recently after the birth said that there was an advance given to the hospital of a certain amount authorized by Cohen apart from the 150k.

I'm betting right now the baby comes to court with her. I mean, I'm not sure the authorities want in any way, shape or form to be responsible for the care of this child away from her mother so I wonder if they will find it probably easier just to make HM be with her 24-7.

There was something here in the comments that sparked my brain a bit... First Scifo, do we know how long has he known both SWM and HM to make some of these statements? These US Attorneys have repeated in the past, statements HM has claimed from Bali (where to start, how bout being assaulted). So I have to take his statements tongue in cheek, as he is relaying her words?

Ok here's my question on this Power of Attorney issue. Can POA even authorize or demand abortions? :thinking:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-bali-suitcase-murder-hearing-met-20150320-story.html

gracehatter, I think HM will insist on having Stella with her at all times. She knows the value of Stella as a pawn and a hostage. She also recognizes that if she relinquishes custody of Stella, even for a few hours in court, there's always the possibility that someone will try to intervene. Remember that old saying: "Possession is 9/10ths of the law?"

Bugbear, I continue to be appalled at some of the stuff these so-called lawyers are spouting. Favia charged $126K for services to Stella (before she was even born - what would have happened if the child had been stillborn?) What kind of quality representation could she provide when she couldn't even get basic details right? A judge had to slap her down for something very basic: trying to collect $$ that Stella owed her from HM's trust.

Scifo is doing the same thing with his nasty attempt to try the case in the US media. He should be slapped down, IMHO, because as an attorney, he should know better.

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/abortion-rights-of-minors.html

Can My Parents Force Me to Have an Abortion?

Minor females have a constitutional right to make their own decisions on reproductive choices. The constitution gives women the right to choose whether they want an abortion and this also applies to women minors. The decision is hers alone and no parent can force the teen to have an abortion. The decision to have an abortion must be voluntary and independent. A parent who tries to coerce a daughter to have an abortion may also face legal charges for child abuse or battery.

Parents of pregnant teenagers cannot force them into placing a child up for adoption. The only exception to this rule is if the pregnant teen's life is in danger due to a medical emergency. In such a case, the teen's parents have the right to permit an abortion against the teenager's wishes.

Addressing your more specific point, about the POA:

http://www.mdanderson.org/patient-and-cancer-information/guide-to-md-anderson/patient-and-family-support/power-of-attorney.html

Except to the extent you state otherwise, this document gives the person you name as your agent the authority to make any and all health care decisions for you in accordance with your wishes, including your religious and moral beliefs, when you are no longer capable of making them yourself. Because "health care" means any treatment, service or procedure to maintain, diagnose, or treat your physical or mental condition, your agent has the power to make a broad range of health care decisions for you. Your agent may consent, refuse to consent, or withdraw consent to medical treatment and may make decisions about withdrawing or withholding life-sustaining treatment. Your agent may not consent to voluntary inpatient mental health services, convulsive treatment, psycho-surgery, or abortion. A physician must comply with your agent's instructions to allow you to be transferred to another physician.

Your agent's authority begins when your doctor certifies that you lack the capacity to make health care decisions.

The whole point of the POA was that SWM thought that HM was spiralling out-of-control and not mentally fit enough to recognize that she needed serious treatment. However, it is critical to realize that a POA only kicks in when the individual has been certified incompetent for any reason.

Sorry @ work so have to keep dropping screen down to actually do work lol - So this Pity Party of "forced" does not hold much ground, I did not think.

Found one case here:
http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/item/14507-pregnant-teen-suing-parents-over-forced-abortion
Pregnant Teen Suing Parents Over Forced Abortion

Even under the Roe v. Wade decision, which defends abortion, women still have a legal right not to get an abortion. R.E.K. has a legal right to make her own decision. "What Roe established is minors have the choice. And when they do make the choice, folks are shocked that they want to carry the baby," noted Casey.

In fact, even Bellotti v. Baird, which found that a teenager has the right to make her own decisions regarding her reproductive health, provides a legal argument in support of R.E.K.'s argument not to have an abortion. As the National Center for Biotechnology Information writes, &#8220;The Bellotti decision reaffirmed Planned Parenthood of Central Missouri vs. Danforth decision that ruled state laws requiring all minors to have parental consent for abortion are unconstitutional.&#8221;

Although it's illegal, as your cite shows, some parents do apply pressure. IIRC, in Illinois, parents accused of doing so can be charged with a form of battery.

Does anyone here really believe for one second that SWM could have 'forced' HM to do anything she didn't want to do? Particularly something as 'big' as getting an abortion?

If I were a reporter interviewing new media star Scifo, I would ask him if the reports about SWM 'forcing' HM to get two prior abortions are as truthful as HM's allegations of multiple sexual assaults and drug injections while in jail in Bali.

My thought was depending on how old Heather was, both she and SWM may very well have consented but it makes for a better soundbite to say "forced". It will be bolstered later when they say they meant some form of coercion.

Of course, HM had the option to pursue charges against her mother if it was true. Either time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail