831 users online (174 members and 657 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Michael Dahl, 20, Yosemite National Park, 21 March 2015

Yosemite National Park Searches for Missing Visitor Michael “Mic” Dahl, 20, Missing Since Saturday, March 21

Yosemite National Park Rangers and search volunteers continue to search for Michael “Mic” Dahl, a 20 year old male, from southern California. Dahl, has been missing since Saturday morning, March 21, 2015. A student at University of California, Santa Barbara, Dahl arrived in Yosemite on the morning of Saturday, March 21, with three friends. He was discovered missing by his friends after a planned day hike.

At approximately 10:00 a.m., Dahl and his friends walked the paved path to Lower Yosemite Fall. The group began “scrambling” on the rocky area just below the Lower Fall, when they noticed Dahl was missing. After searching for Dahl for approximately two hours, they reported him missing to Yosemite Valley Rangers.

Dahl is 6’ 01” and slender with light brown/reddish hair and green eyes. He was last seen wearing a light blue hoodie sweatshirt and jeans, and was carrying a digital SLR camera with a removable lens. Visitors who were hiking in the Yosemite Falls area between Saturday, March 21, and Monday, March 23, 2015, who may have seen Dahl are asked to call 209-372-0259.

Approximately 50 people are involved in the search effort and the park is utilizing dog teams and a helicopter to search for any signs of Dahl. The park is receiving assistance from Madera County, Mariposa County, Tuolumne County, and Marin County Search and Rescue, and the California Highway Patrol out of Auburn.

dahl_thumb-1.jpg

I really hope they find him soon and he's made it through alright. A quick Google search of his name shows that he is a popular and ambitious guy.

He's been located. Taken via ambulance to the hospital with multiple injuries.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2015/...national-park/

Wow that is good news! I did not expect him to be found alive.

Quote Originally Posted by iamnotagolem View Post
    Wow that is good news! I did not expect him to be found alive.
    Neither did I! Hopefully his injuries aren't life-threatening.

wow. He must have fallen from the rocks or through the rocks? So lucky they found him quickly.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

A bit more info

Dahl was spotted by visitors on the Yosemite Valley Loop Trail around 11 a.m. The visitors recognized him from the missing person flyer. He was found about a quarter mile east of the Lower Yosemite Fall trail, in a large boulder field below Sunnyside Bench with multiple injuries — including to his head — and hypothermia.
    Wow. A head injury & he was out there for two days. Hope he's okay

More info about his rescue, can't find anything about his current status.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/37...was-santa-rosa

They stepped into a shaded boulder field east of the base of Lower Yosemite Fall to find a family of four aiding a muddied, bloodied, bruised and weak young man — the UC Santa Barbara student who’d been lost in the park for two days and two nights.

Carpenter used her cellphone to call 911. She and Hensley, her boyfriend, assisted the family — doctors Don and Cherie Green and their children, David and Sophia — as they warmed Mic Dahl and offered him water and assurance.

I can't find any updates either. We were just there last spring - gorgeous park.