1123 users online (181 members and 942 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Bobbi Kristina Brown found unresponsive in bathtub. #4

MSNBC reporting. Links to come.

She's breathing, according to CNN.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Dr. Drew on Bobbi Kristina's move out of ICU (Video)

By Dr. Drew staff

updated10:13 PM EDT, Mon March 23, 2015

NEED TO KNOW

•In January, Bobbi Kristina Brown was found unresponsive in a bathtub
    •She has been in a coma for 52 days

Bobbi Kristina Brown has finally been moved out of the ICU and into a long-term care facility, according to a source close to the family...

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2015/03/2...cility-dr-drew

Bobbi Kristina Brown found unresponsive in bathtub. #4

Please continue here for Bobbi Kristina

Patients who are only "almost but not quite brain dead" are always moved out of ICU at some point and transferred to a long term care facility if their families decline to withdraw support. It in no way implies that their situation is not "dire."

Coldpizza for the new thread

Continued prayers and positivity for Miss Bobbi Kristina Brown and those who love her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Not sure if this has been posted but: http://www.newsmax.com/Health/newswi...n=widgetphase2

“People clearly are wondering why the family is keeping her on life support, but this is not an unusual situation when the person is young and had provided no end-of-life directive about their wishes,”

BTW: Isn't interesting that SO many "news" organizations identify BKB as "Whitney's" vs "Whitney & Bobby Brown 's" daughter! It had been "assumed" by many that WH's stardom was one of the contributory factors in BB's excessive behaviors...............hope he handles it better now!
    “Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succure vitae”– Giovanni Margagni

"This is the place where death rejoices to teach those who live."-
    Giovanni Margagni

Well, I'm leaving the BKB forum .... whatever happens to her I'm sure will be all over every news channel. BaBye

March 24, 2015

Although she has opened her eyes on occasion, such seemingly hopeful signs can ultimately prove meaningless, Dr. Leavey said.

“Unless the person is brain dead you are going to have some kind of neurological activity, like the flicker of an eye, the twitching of a finger, or the corner of the mouth curling up,” said Dr. Leavey. “It may be a reflex action that means nothing.”

The transfer of Bobbi Kristina to a rehab facility is the latest signal that the Brown family is settling in for what could be a long wait to see if she has a chance to recover.

http://www.newsmax.com/Health/Health...#ixzz3VM9MO0DZ
    Rest in peace Tori, Tim and Jeremy.

"On May 6th, the devil led the vilest form of evil down my driveway and it smiled at me before it took Tim away." Good always triumphs over evil. Keep the faith, justice will prevail. .

Quote Originally Posted by joypath View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted but: http://www.newsmax.com/Health/newswi...n=widgetphase2

“People clearly are wondering why the family is keeping her on life support, but this is not an unusual situation when the person is young and had provided no end-of-life directive about their wishes,”

BTW: Isn't interesting that SO many "news" organizations identify BKB as "Whitney's" vs "Whitney & Bobby Brown 's" daughter! It had been "assumed" by many that WH's stardom was one of the contributory factors in BB's excessive behaviors...............hope he handles it better now!
    IMO, there is zero chance BB will seek, or agree, to withdraw support now, since she has been placed in a long term care facility. IMO, he's going to continue on with custodial care until her heart stops, whenever that happens. Very sad, but a predictable course of action by this family, IMO. These kind of cases are always so hard-- to know when to aggressively try to resuscitate, and when to exercise restraint. I don't begin to understand why some people cling to unrealistic hopes, or desire to maintain the shell of what was a vibrant person. This kind of completely unrealistic hope, or magical thinking, IMO, is a painful and crippling poison that slowly kills the emotional and psychological health of everyone who loves the patient.

I really have to struggle to see continuing care in these circumstances as an expression of love, because my experiences convince me that it's just a sad, cruel, bitter journey they will have to endure. But that's just my personal view. It is their choice, and their journey to take, and they will do what they feel is best for themselves, while they try to convince themselves they are doing it all for BK, IMO.

I don't think BKB is suffering, but I think her family and friends are, and will continue to suffer. There is no peace in this journey they've chosen, IMO. Only more pain and suffering, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by K_Z View Post
    IMO, there is zero chance BB will seek, or agree, to withdraw support now, since she has been placed in a long term care facility. IMO, he's going to continue on with custodial care until her heart stops, whenever that happens. Very sad, but a predictable course of action by this family, IMO. These kind of cases are always so hard-- to know when to aggressively try to resuscitate, and when to exercise restraint. I don't begin to understand why some people cling to unrealistic hopes, or desire to maintain the shell of what was a vibrant person. This kind of completely unrealistic hope, or magical thinking, IMO, is a painful and crippling poison that slowly kills the emotional and psychological health of everyone who loves the patient.

I really have to struggle to see continuing care in these circumstances as an expression of love, because my experiences convince me that it's just a sad, cruel, bitter journey they will have to endure. But that's just my personal view. It is their choice, and their journey to take, and they will do what they feel is best for themselves, while they try to convince themselves they are doing it all for BK, IMO.

I don't think BKB is suffering, but I think her family and friends are, and will continue to suffer. There is no peace in this journey they've chosen, IMO. Only more pain and suffering, IMO.
    With all due respect. I wouldn't say they have chosen this journey. Maybe the medical advice they are being given, gives them reason to maintain hope. Maybe they put more faith into advice they are being given other than medical advice. Maybe this journey isn't as sad, cruel or bitter as the alternative.
    How long have you been practicing? Most physicians I speak with regularly all have stories of miraculous recoveries that are unexplainable in medical terms.

First licensed as an RN in 1986, and was a nurse's aide 82-86. Licensed as a CRNA in 1997, and have dual state licensure as APRN and CRNA, as well as national certification. Most of my career before becoming an anesthetist has been in ICU/ PICU, trauma, and USAF military flight nursing. I teach for 2 graduate anesthesia programs, in addition to clinical practice. Working on my doctorate. Have been a consultant and expert witness also, and co-owner of a staffing company.

So the short answer is around 30 years in practice. I haven't seen medical miracles. Maybe that's why it's hard for me to believe in them. I've just seen a lot of sad stories, along with the good outcomes. The good outcomes were as predictable as the bad ones, so I can't classify those as miracles.

Quote Originally Posted by K_Z View Post
    First licensed as an RN in 1986, and was a nurse's aide 82-86. Licensed as a CRNA in 1997, and have dual state licensure as APRN and CRNA, as well as national certification. Most of my career before becoming an anesthetist has been in ICU/ PICU, trauma, and USAF military flight nursing. I teach for 2 graduate anesthesia programs, in addition to clinical practice. Working on my doctorate. Have been a consultant and expert witness also, and co-owner of a staffing company.

So the short answer is around 30 years in practice. I haven't seen medical miracles. Maybe that's why it's hard for me to believe in them. I've just seen a lot of sad stories, along with the good outcomes. The good outcomes were as predictable as the bad ones, so I can't classify those as miracles.
    Thank you for your detailed reply. You obviously have a wealth of experience and expertise. Hopefully you will be witness to a "miracle" someday. They do happen. I 100% guarantee it.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolJ View Post
    Thank you for your detailed reply. You obviously have a wealth of experience and expertise. Hopefully you will be witness to a "miracle" someday. They do happen. I 100% guarantee it.
    They don't happen in these cases. Not when someone is underwater so long and without oxygen.
    I do know people who have had miraculous recoveries but in this case there is no miracle to be had sadly.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

Cissy has broken her silence: "still not a great deal of hope" and asks people to keep praying as God can change things (which I took to mean God can end it-- stop her heart)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-facility.html

Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast