1214 users online (277 members and 937 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Marilyn Monroe Death Inquiry

LOS ANGELES (AP) On the anniversary of Marilyn Monroe's death, a former prosecutor has unveiled what he says are notes of her secret confessions to a psychiatrist that show her as anything but suicidal.

"There was no possible way this woman could have killed herself," John Miner told the Los Angeles Times for a story published Friday. "She had very specific plans for her future. She knew exactly what she wanted to do."

Miner, 86, said he would like to see another autopsy performed on Monroe and believes the large dose of barbiturates found in her body may have been administered by someone else.

Meanwhile, fans were holding their annual gathering Friday near her crypt at Westwood Village Memorial Park to honor the star of movies such as "Some Like It Hot."

More at:

http://www.courttv.com/people/2005/0808/monroe_ap.html

I never believed that she committed suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by jannuncutt
    I never believed that she committed suicide.
    She really did portray beauty. She wasn't a size 2, wanna be, like today's society makes you feel you should be. Actually, I'm not sure if it was even a big deal back then? She was gorgeous the way she was and is still idolized today
    Too bad to lose such a life, at a young age.

Have respect for differing opinions.
    After all, we're equally entitled to our .

No, not a size 2 . . .

Height: 5 feet, 5 inches
    Weight: 118-140 pounds
    Bust: 35-37 inches
    Waist: 22-23 inches
    Hips: 35-36 inches
    Bra size: 36D

A woman of Marilyn's height, at the extreme of Marilyn's weight range (140 lbs), would probably wear a size 12 dress today (which is the same dress size listed for Marilyn in the book The Unabridged Marilyn). Perhaps at one time she did wear dresses that might have been considered size 16 (or even 18) back in the 1950s, but she almost certainly did not wear dresses equivalent to today's size 16. This is borne out by citings such as the following (which might also be a source of some confusion, as a British size 16 would be the equivalent of an American size 12):

http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/mmdress.htm

Wow, very interesting. I know that I knew, she wasn't exactly missing out on the beans and rice, but I couldn't remember where I read it...Thanks, Jeana "Darlin'"

Have respect for differing opinions.
    After all, we're equally entitled to our .

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful
    Wow, very interesting. I know that I knew, she wasn't exactly missing out on the beans and rice, but I couldn't remember where I read it...Thanks, Jeana "Darlin'"