756 users online (91 members and 665 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"My ISIS is the police," says Nebraska's Ernie Chambers

Nebraskans, I know how you feel, a Georgia legislator was worried about too many people on Guam might tip it over.

Nebraska state senator Ernie Chambers compared American police to Islamic terrorists and suggested he'd shoot a cop if only he had a weapon.
    State Sen. Ernie Chambers said during a legislative hearing on March 20 that you don't have to go halfway around the world to find an ISIS mentality. It can be found in America because police terrorize blacks every day. "I wouldn't go to Syria, I wouldn't go to Iraq, I wouldn't go to Afghanistan, I wouldn't go to Yemen, I wouldn't go to Tunisia, I wouldn't go to Lebanon, I wouldn't go to Jordan, I would do it right here," Chambers, who is black, said. "Nobody from ISIS ever terrorized us as a people as the police do us daily."
    Chambers then added fuel to the fire, saying if he had a gun, he would use it on police, not his political opponents.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...hed-shoot-cop/

Ernie Chambers is a nut job. He only got elected again because his opponent was charged with using her campaign contributions to gamble.

I believe Chambers sued God a few years ago.
    All posts are my opinion only unless otherwise stated.
    Thanks!!

Where's the outrage and the protests against this accusation and threat?

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Where's the outrage and the protests against this accusation and threat?

It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

I really think he's minimising the suffering of victims (of all colors) of Islamic State terrorism with that statement. Their living conditions (if they remain alive) and his just don't equate. They just don't. They shouldn't be used to make a political point, in my opinion.
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

Quote Originally Posted by Myvice View Post
    Ernie Chambers is a nut job. He only got elected again because his opponent was charged with using her campaign contributions to gamble.

I had to google the God lawsuit, lol. He sued God to make a point about frivolous lawsuits and I actually agree with him on that one. But yeah, the Isis statement is straight up nuts. He seems like an attention whore.

Who would have guessed that in retrospect the opponent who gambled away their campaign contributions would have been the wiser choice? Sad.

http://www.ketv.com/State-Sen-Ernie-...s-God/10211380
    Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that one animal their world is changed forever! -Unknown

Wow. He has served as a Legislator for Nebraska for over 35 years and THIS is what he says about his home state:

“This is Nebraska,” he says. “It’s a terrible place to be. It is an ultraconservative, ultra-racist state. I would not advise anybody black to come here.”

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...ce-being-ernie

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    Wow. He has served as a Legislator for Nebraska for over 35 years and THIS is what he says about his home state:
    So what is stopping him from leaving already? Sheesh!

He and Sheila Jackson Lee must be bff's.
    Using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, he's protected (his opinion, I mean) under Free Speech.

Somebody needs to tell him that the bandwagon left a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    Which is exactly why he keeps getting re-elected.

Brenda Council held the Unicameral seat Chambers had to vacate after 38 years because of term limits. She lost reelection to Ernie because she used campaign funds to gamble and committed wire fraud. She also was disbarred as an attorney. Ernie Chamber is also a black attorney and North Omaha is lucky to have him.

Ernie doesn't tolerate unethical, illegal conduct no matter who commits it. Four cops were fired after attacking and beating a man in North Omaha. It was caught on video by a neighbor.

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by MyBelle View Post
    Brenda Council held the Unicameral seat Chambers had to vacate after 38 years because of term limits. She lost reelection to Ernie because she used campaign funds to gamble and committed wire fraud. She also was disbarred as an attorney. Ernie Chamber is also a black attorney and North Omaha is lucky to have him.

Ernie doesn't tolerate unethical, illegal conduct no matter who commits it. Four cops were fired after attacking and beating a man in North Omaha. It was caught on video by a neighbor.

JMO
    Well, I guess we can agree to disagree on that.

What is it you think Ernie has done for his constituents during those 38 years he served?

What improvements have been made to North Omaha since the riots in the 1960's?

Ernie is a grandstander, but in the end, it's all about him.

JMO

Ernie's district has one of the highest black on black crime rates in the country. That's very sad for a city the size of Omaha.
    All posts are my opinion only unless otherwise stated.
    Thanks!!

Well, I guess we can agree to disagree on that.

What is it you think Ernie has done for his constituents during those 38 years he served?

What improvements have been made to North Omaha since the riots in the 1960's?

Ernie is a grandstander, but in the end, it's all about him.

JMO

Ernie's district has one of the highest black on black crime rates in the country. That's very sad for a city the size of Omaha.
    Doesn't matter what I think of Ernie because he isn't my representative. He must be doing something his constituents like. His district does have one of the highest black on black crime rates but the solution isn't to allow cops to come in and use excessive force.

JMO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast