"My ISIS is the police," says Nebraska's Ernie Chambers

noZme

Reaction score
Nebraskans, I know how you feel, a Georgia legislator was worried about too many people on Guam might tip it over.

Nebraska state senator Ernie Chambers compared American police to Islamic terrorists and suggested he'd shoot a cop if only he had a weapon.
State Sen. Ernie Chambers said during a legislative hearing on March 20 that you don't have to go halfway around the world to find an ISIS mentality. It can be found in America because police terrorize blacks every day. "I wouldn't go to Syria, I wouldn't go to Iraq, I wouldn't go to Afghanistan, I wouldn't go to Yemen, I wouldn't go to Tunisia, I wouldn't go to Lebanon, I wouldn't go to Jordan, I would do it right here," Chambers, who is black, said. "Nobody from ISIS ever terrorized us as a people as the police do us daily."
Chambers then added fuel to the fire, saying if he had a gun, he would use it on police, not his political opponents.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...mpares-police-to-isis-suggests-hed-shoot-cop/

Ernie Chambers is a nut job. He only got elected again because his opponent was charged with using her campaign contributions to gamble.

I believe Chambers sued God a few years ago.

Where's the outrage and the protests against this accusation and threat?

I really think he's minimising the suffering of victims (of all colors) of Islamic State terrorism with that statement. Their living conditions (if they remain alive) and his just don't equate. They just don't. They shouldn't be used to make a political point, in my opinion.

Ernie Chambers is a nut job. He only got elected again because his opponent was charged with using her campaign contributions to gamble.

I had to google the God lawsuit, lol. He sued God to make a point about frivolous lawsuits and I actually agree with him on that one. But yeah, the Isis statement is straight up nuts. He seems like an attention *advertiser censored*.

Who would have guessed that in retrospect the opponent who gambled away their campaign contributions would have been the wiser choice? Sad.

http://www.ketv.com/State-Sen-Ernie-Chambers-Sues-God/10211380

Unfortunately, he's protected (his opinion, I mean) under Free Speech.

Somebody needs to tell him that the bandwagon left a long time ago.

Brenda Council held the Unicameral seat Chambers had to vacate after 38 years because of term limits. She lost reelection to Ernie because she used campaign funds to gamble and committed wire fraud. She also was disbarred as an attorney. Ernie Chamber is also a black attorney and North Omaha is lucky to have him.

Ernie doesn't tolerate unethical, illegal conduct no matter who commits it. Four cops were fired after attacking and beating a man in North Omaha. It was caught on video by a neighbor.

JMO

Brenda Council held the Unicameral seat Chambers had to vacate after 38 years because of term limits. She lost reelection to Ernie because she used campaign funds to gamble and committed wire fraud. She also was disbarred as an attorney. Ernie Chamber is also a black attorney and North Omaha is lucky to have him.

Ernie doesn't tolerate unethical, illegal conduct no matter who commits it. Four cops were fired after attacking and beating a man in North Omaha. It was caught on video by a neighbor.

JMO

Well, I guess we can agree to disagree on that.

What is it you think Ernie has done for his constituents during those 38 years he served?

What improvements have been made to North Omaha since the riots in the 1960's?

Ernie is a grandstander, but in the end, it's all about him.

JMO

Ernie's district has one of the highest black on black crime rates in the country. That's very sad for a city the size of Omaha.

Well, I guess we can agree to disagree on that.

What is it you think Ernie has done for his constituents during those 38 years he served?

What improvements have been made to North Omaha since the riots in the 1960's?

Ernie is a grandstander, but in the end, it's all about him.

JMO

Ernie's district has one of the highest black on black crime rates in the country. That's very sad for a city the size of Omaha.

Doesn't matter what I think of Ernie because he isn't my representative. He must be doing something his constituents like. His district does have one of the highest black on black crime rates but the solution isn't to allow cops to come in and use excessive force.

JMO

Doesn't matter what I think of Ernie because he isn't my representative. He must be doing something his constituents like. His district does have one of the highest black on black crime rates but the solution isn't to allow cops to come in and use excessive force.

JMO

I guess some people could be lead to believe that it's typical for the cops to use excessive force based on a couple of articles, but when you have Ernie saying the cops are worse than ISIS it isn't helping anyone but Ernie. He loves having HIS name in the news.

There are major problems in N Omaha that the community has been trying to address through fostering trust. If no one will talk to the cops, crimes don't get solved and crime escalates.

Ernie has torn away all the progress that has been made by making a ridiculous statement whose only purpose was to benefit HIM.

The thugs that perpetrate the majority of the crime probably think he's a hero though, and will feel all the more justified because he "understands" their plight.

I guess some people could be lead to believe that it's typical for the cops to use excessive force based on a couple of articles, but when you have Ernie saying the cops are worse than ISIS it isn't helping anyone but Ernie. He loves having HIS name in the news.

There are major problems in N Omaha that the community has been trying to address through fostering trust. If no one will talk to the cops, crimes don't get solved and crime escalates.

Ernie has torn away all the progress that has been made by making a ridiculous statement whose only purpose was to benefit HIM.

The thugs that perpetrate the majority of the crime probably think he's a hero though, and will feel all the more justified because he "understands" their plight.

People aren't talking to the cops because they fear retaliation for snitching. That's a fact recently acknowledged by the police chief and the mayor. There has been no progress made by cops in establishing trust because cops have repeatedly used excessive force and been caught doing it. Ernie demands accountability, didn't want Nikko Jenkins released from prison, the Dept. of Corrections ignored him and the result was four execution-style murders. Ernie demanded an overhaul of the dept. of corrections and got it. He's demanded changes in Omaha police and is getting it. I doubt the thugs consider him a hero.

JMO

The Mayor spoke about the mass shooting at a party at 34th & Parker earlier this year. Once again she called on members of the public to come forward with information that will help police solve the three murders that happened that night. Stothert said that giving information to the police isn't "snitching", it's "saving lives."

In an effort to fight crime, Stothert said the gang unit in the police department is being expanded, that the city will start a new class this year for more police on the streets, and she promised that Police Chief Todd Schmaderer would reveal a reorganization of the detective bureau next month. Getting more crime cases resolved is the goal of the reorganization.

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/...reat-Shape-But-Crime-Big-Issue-294070941.html

People aren't talking to the cops because they fear retaliation for snitching. That's a fact recently acknowledged by the police chief and the mayor. There has been no progress made by cops in establishing trust because cops have repeatedly used excessive force and been caught doing it. Ernie demands accountability, didn't want Nikko Jenkins released from prison, the Dept. of Corrections ignored him and the result was four execution-style murders. Ernie demanded an overhaul of the dept. of corrections and got it. He's demanded changes in Omaha police and is getting it. I doubt the thugs consider him a hero.

JMO

The Mayor spoke about the mass shooting at a party at 34th & Parker earlier this year. Once again she called on members of the public to come forward with information that will help police solve the three murders that happened that night. Stothert said that giving information to the police isn't "snitching", it's "saving lives."

In an effort to fight crime, Stothert said the gang unit in the police department is being expanded, that the city will start a new class this year for more police on the streets, and she promised that Police Chief Todd Schmaderer would reveal a reorganization of the detective bureau next month. Getting more crime cases resolved is the goal of the reorganization.

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/...reat-Shape-But-Crime-Big-Issue-294070941.html
Just to be clear, you agree with Ernie's statement that LE are worse than ISIS?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back