1240 users online (211 members and 1029 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

MO - Young Boy Charged with Attempted Murder, Union county, 2005

Attempted Murder
    By: Carly O'Keefe

Union County State's Attorney Allen James says there was malice intended when a 12-year-old Ware boy stabbed an 11-year-old in Tuesday night.

James says three boys, including the young victim were fishing from a bridge on Ware-Wolf Lake Road at about 7 p.m. Tuesday night. Two other boys reportedly rode up to the scene on bikes.

James also says words were exchanged between two of the boys and one was stabbed with a four-inch pocket knife, puncturing his lung and nearly piercing his heart.

Now the young suspect is charged with the youth equivalent of attempted murder. Hes being held at the Franklin County Juvenile Detention Center.

James says the boy has shown remorse for his actions, "He wanted to hurt this boy. He wanted to stab this boy. That was his intent, but then after that happened, he realized what he had done.

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.a...9&nav=8H3xd1fS

Welcome to WS! Good post.
    It is so hard when the young ones are the guilty ones. Was he really aware of the expected results of what he was doing? Both what he could expect to happen to himself, as well as the other boy?
    How are we failing these kids, in teaching them self control?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

That is so sad. I wonder what this child's home life is like to think that doing something like that is ok. Of course he has regret afterwards but he should have had the knowledge about what his actions cause. I pray for our youth. What a sad world we live in.

Thanks for the welcome, mysteriew! I live in a small community where most people know most people. A lot of times the kids who become involved in unlawful activities are the ones with little, if any, parental involvement. Not usually physical abuse, though. There are kids unsupervised roaming the streets here at a young age. Some of these parents are loving parents, they just feel like their child is safe since everybody looks out for everybody here. Some of the parents simply don't care as long as their kid is out of their hair. Maybe I am just paranoid but even my teenage daughters aren't allowed to go jogging alone. They have to be with each other or a friend, and have to have their cell phones with them at all times when outta my sight. I can't help it. I read waaaaaaaay to much and I know it only takes a parent one second of turning your head and you may regret that second for the rest of your life.

Off topic, but if anyone remembers the Westside School shooting in Jonesboro, AR several years ago, here is some interesting information on Mitchell Johnson (the 13 year old involved) being released.

http://www.kait8.com/Global/story.asp?S=3694104