Found Deceased CA - Wilton Mak, 20, UCSD student, San Diego, 22 March 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Wilton Mak
mak.gif

UC San Diego student reported missing
SAN DIEGO – UC San Diego Police request the public’s help in finding Wilton Mak, a UCSD student who has been missing since Sunday evening.

Mak left his off-campus residence near the Westfield UTC shopping mall without his cell phone, wallet or vehicle, according to his roommates. He was last seen wearing a gray baseball-style shirt with black sleeves and black shorts.

UCSD Police has received reports of Mak being sighted as recently as Wednesday evening in the Clairemont area, near the Clairemont Town Square shopping center.
http://fox5sandiego.com/2015/03/26/uc-san-diego-student-reported-missing/

I don't understand why this is the first I'm hearing of this, when I live and work right in the area. This Tuesday, an older woman in the same neighborhood went missing and there were posters and news stories and a circling helicopter broadcasting her description within hours. (She was found.) It's been a slow week on campus, being spring break, but I've seen literally no mention of this missing student. I hope he's okay.

I think this must be another missing young man? How sad there is more than one in the area.

This article is of an 18-year old (name doesn't seem to be released) who attends SDSU. Wilton Mak of this thread is 22 and attends UCSD.

ACK, you're right, I saw SDSU and assumed it was Wilton. Will set up a thread for this 18-year old SDSU student. Thank you!

UCSD Guardian
Posted on April 1, 2015
Police Search for Missing Undergraduate Student
http://ucsdguardian.org/2015/04/01/police-search-for-missing-undergraduate-student/
UCSD Police is currently working in tandem with San Diego Police to investigate Mak’s case and have enlisted the public to provide any relevant information.
UCSD Patrol Sergeant John Smart told the UCSD Guardian there were two possible sightings in the Clairemont area, near the Clairemont Town Square shopping center. Detectives have been looking at video surveillance of those areas to confirm that it was indeed Mak at those locations.

more at link

From UCSD Guardian About Us page:
Serving thousands of readers biweekly via a print edition and online at www.ucsdguardian.org, the UCSD Guardian is the University of California at San Diego’s award-winning independent student newspaper, published by UCSD students for the UCSD community. We publish Mondays and Thursdays during the regular academic year, with the exception of summer session, University holidays and final examinations. The Guardian is a student-run organization independently funded by advertising sales.

I'm local and have not seen this!

One thing that stood out immediately to me is the Wednesday sighting. I don't 100% buy it unless confimed by family. The Clairemont area has a high Asian population (for SD), I'm afraid a person could be misidentified.

Bumping for Wilton. I can find no updated information on him. Prayers for his family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back