991 users online (170 members and 821 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 83 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Germanwings Airbus crash 24 March #2

Hope I'm not duplicating a thread elsewhere. A Germanwings Airbus A320 has crashed in the French Alps en route from Barcelona to Düsseldorf. 142 passengers and 6 crew. Breaking news.

Thread #1
    Last edited by marlywings; 03-27-2015 at 08:26 AM.
    Using Tapatalk

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.

Passenger Plane Crashes In Southern France

A passenger plane carrying 148 people between Barcelona and Dusseldorf has crashed in France.

The Airbus A320, operated by Lufthansa's Germanwings budget airline, came down in the southern French Alps.

French Prime Minister Manuel Valls said the causes of the crash were not yet known.

"We of course don't know the reasons for the crash," he told reporters.

"We obviously fear that the 142 to 150 passengers and crew died today, given the conditions of this crash."

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Debris from the jet, operated by Lufthansa's Germanwings budget airline, was found a French village close to Barcelonnette, according to the French Interior Ministry.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-Germany.html

Here's a link for the breaking news.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...rce/ar-AA9VxqS

The Germanwings Airbus A320 plane sent out a distress signal at 10:45 am local time then crashed in a mountainous zone at an altitude of about 2,000 meters (6,550 feet), said Pierre-Henry Brandet, the French Interior Ministry spokesman.

Brandet told BFM television that he expected "an extremely long and extremely difficult" search and rescue operation because of the area's remoteness.
    http://abc7.com/news/likely-no-survi...france/570632/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

Germanwings Airbus crash 24 March #2

Please continue here....

Quote Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post
    I think they are legally struggling with right to confidentity as it relates to medical mental and what are the implications in death as it relates to that right to privacy. THrough in several countires and we have quite a mess in terms or releasing specifics I do think we will get them tho!

Investigations as well as the assessment of the medical treatment documents will take some days. As soon as reliable findings emerge, we will inform relatives and the public.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/liv...e-live-updates
    Things are not what they appear to be. Nor are they otherwise.
    - Surangama Sutra

Privacy killed those people. Because we are so afraid that someone may find out about you that Dr patience privacy killed those people.
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthAussie View Post
    Investigations as well as the assessment of the medical treatment documents will take some days. As soon as reliable findings emerge, we will inform relatives and the public.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/liv...e-live-updates
    But we all need to remember it might just be total medical (I dont know epelepsy)

Hipaa USa

s law is intended to create government transparency, making it harder for government officials to keep secrets from the citizens they serve. Sometimes, someone files a FOIA request, and the government has to decide if releasing the information violates someone's privacy.

There are several exemptions to FOIA that the government can invoke to avoid releasing information. One allows the government to deny a FOIA request if the request includes "personnel and medical files and similar files that would constitute a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy." This allows the government to tread the line legally between FOIA, HIPAA and the Federal Privacy Act in most cases.

That covers the privacy rights of living people, but what happens after death? The Privacy Act is very clear -- it doesn't apply to dead people. Once you die, your information is no longer protected under that law. However, court precedents have shown that the privacy concerns of surviving family members also weigh on the decision to release information via FOIA. When these cases go to court, judges have ruled against FOIA requests in cases where the release of death-scene photos, autopsy photos or coroner's reports would cause anguish and harm to the deceased person's family. They may allow the information to be released if they feel the information itself is harmless or if many years have passed since the death in question.

HIPAA is just the opposite -- the protection of a person's privacy extends indefinitely, even after death. When someone dies, control over his or her estate passes either to a family member or another executor. The power to make decisions related to medical privacy -- including the ability to give permission for information-sharing under HIPAA -- is transferred as well.

There are a few famous cases that helped establish this area of law in the U.S. One of the most well-known is the case of Vincent Foster, a lawyer who worked for the Clinton administration before committing suicide in 1993. Photographs of the scene where Foster's body was found weren't made public. As a result, several conspiracy theorists suspected a cover-up that involved the Clintons, so they made FOIA requests for the photos. The case, National Records and Archives Administration v. Favish, made it all the way to the Supreme Court. The court ruled unanimously in favor of the government -- and Foster's privac

http://people.howstuffworks.com/lose...n-you-die1.htm

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    I am now wondering if that 'appropriate' medical treatment included medication. SSRI's can in some people cause suicidal and/or homicidal thoughts (my non professional, but personal opinion)

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Have any of us heard this?????

Germanwings Airbus A320 plane sent out a distress signal at 10:45 am local tim

It seems that the line about the plane putting out a distress signal has been removed from all of the articles showing that in a Google search. They all now seem to say a version of this ...

"The aircraft did not itself make a distress call but it was the combination of the loss of radio contact and the aircraft's descent which led the controller to implement the distress phase," a DGAC spokesman said.

France's DGAC aviation authority said air traffic controllers initiated distress procedures after they lost contact with the Airbus.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/canada/bri...tory/1.3006701
    Things are not what they appear to be. Nor are they otherwise.
    - Surangama Sutra

Just my read, but that article actually says no distress signal sent.

"A spokesman for the French Civil Aviation authority says said the plane lost radio contact at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday without ever sending a distress signal. Eric Heraud said it was the combination of loss of radio contract with control and the plane's descent which prompted the control service to declare a distress."

I haven't had chance to catch up on the thread since last night, so this point may have already been made, but the Daily Star's front page is reporting that he had recently broken up with his girlfriend. Now the Star's one step up from public toilet graffiti in terms of credibility, but, if true, she could have been the true target, and the passengers the collateral damage, in the sense that he may have wanted to inflict maximal psychological injury and guilt on her.

I'm wondering if he went to the Doctors regarding an health issue totally unrelated to his mental health problems? If, as is being implied, it was the action of being signed off which resulted in this tragedy then why would he go to the doctor about a mental health problem when, from his past experience he knows it would result in him not being able to fly???
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising when we fall

Page 1 of 83 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast