Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Report: Child was murdered

Report: Child was murdered

A death certificate presented in town court on Monday ruled that 3-year-old Stephen McKay was murdered.

A preliminary autopsy report released with it said the boy died of blunt trauma to the extremities, torso, closed head injuries, a lacerated pancreas and had sustained a fracture of the left forearm, abrasions, contusions and swelling of the brain causing post cardiopulmonary arrest.

The toddler, who lived on Route 9N in Crown Point with his mother, Janina McDonald, 23, and her live-in boyfriend, Greggary L. Varmette, 21, died on Thursday, Aug. 4 at 7:08 a.m. at Fletcher Allen Health Center in Burlington.

The child was brought by ambulance to Moses Ludington Hospital in Ticonderoga, according to police records, after McDonald returned home after work at 11 p.m. the night before and found her son unresponsive.

He had been under Varmette's care during the day.
    http://www.pressrepublican.com/cgi-b...23551557,52630,
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

That poor little baby. He is in heaven safe and sound playing with my cousing Kaylee.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    A death certificate presented in town court on Monday ruled that 3-year-old Stephen McKay was murdered.

A preliminary autopsy report released with it said the boy died of blunt trauma to the extremities, torso, closed head injuries, a lacerated pancreas and had sustained a fracture of the left forearm, abrasions, contusions and swelling of the brain causing post cardiopulmonary arrest.

The toddler, who lived on Route 9N in Crown Point with his mother, Janina McDonald, 23, and her live-in boyfriend, Greggary L. Varmette, 21, died on Thursday, Aug. 4 at 7:08 a.m. at Fletcher Allen Health Center in Burlington.

The child was brought by ambulance to Moses Ludington Hospital in Ticonderoga, according to police records, after McDonald returned home after work at 11 p.m. the night before and found her son unresponsive.

He had been under Varmette's care during the day.
    http://www.pressrepublican.com/cgi-b...23551557,52630,
    How horrible. The stories that man told to try to explain the injuries to that poor child were pathetic. I hope he doesn't get less time because of his military injuries.

Yet another baby murdered by "mommy's boyfriend."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Yet another baby murdered by "mommy's boyfriend."
    It is very unnescesary to put "mommy's boyfriend". I guess a single mom is suppose to not date until their child is 18 and out of the home. Do you actually think that if these women had ANY idea at all that their child were in danger with a murderer they would date them???

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Marshall
    It is very unnescesary to put "mommy's boyfriend". I guess a single mom is suppose to not date until their child is 18 and out of the home. Do you actually think that if these women had ANY idea at all that their child were in danger with a murderer they would date them???

I disagree. Weren't these guys "mommy's boyfriend"? Was the phrase incorrect?

I don't think those women had much idea about these guys at all because they DIDN'T TAKE THE TIME NECESSARY TO GET TO KNOW THEM.

I don't think those women had much idea about these guys at all because they DIDN'T TAKE THE TIME NECESSARY TO GET TO KNOW THEM.
    For crying out loud Jeana, look how many couples that are married commit the same type of crime!

It's unfair to say "they didn't take the time necessary to get to know them"...........how long did you get to know your boyfriends when you were young, or your husband?

Yet again I state "Should they wait until their child is 18 and moved out of the house before they could ever date again". You have no idea how much they know about a person. Oh because they didn't know they were a psychotic piece of ***** then they didn't get to know them. Yeah the phrase is incorrect. That to me means you are putting blame on the mothers. Damn the men for not telling the mom's up front that they were murderers. Their fault huh.

I hope this guy gets the death penalty.

Yet again I state "Should they wait until their child is 18 and moved out of the house before they could ever date again". You have no idea how much they know about a person. Oh because they didn't know they were a psychotic piece of ***** then they didn't get to know them. Yeah the phrase is incorrect. That to me means you are putting blame on the mothers. Damn the men for not telling the mom's up front that they were murderers. Their fault huh.
    When you have a child, you have to put the child's interests first, not yours. If that means waiting until the child is 18 and out of the house to date, then so be it.

IMO, this wasn't an Ozzie and Harriett lifestyle gone bad. I bet there were red flags all over the place long before this innocent child was beaten to death.

Yet again I state "Should they wait until their child is 18 and moved out of the house before they could ever date again".
    Honestly, yes they should. When you bring children into this world they become your #1 priority. If they must date fine, but don't bring them home to your bed & leave him around your children ALONE.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    Honestly, yes they should. When you bring children into this world they become your #1 priority. If they must date fine, but don't bring them home to your bed & leave him around your children ALONE.
    That is quite an extreme opinion. I don't advocate leaving your child with every Tom Dick and Harry, but it's ridiculous to expect a young woman to have no companionship for 18 years.

Quote Originally Posted by csds703
    That is quite an extreme opinion. I don't advocate leaving your child with every Tom Dick and Harry, but it's ridiculous to expect a young woman to have no companionship for 18 years.
    Perhaps it is extreme. Why can't a young woman be responsible? Why before conceiving a child didn't she consider her support system? Why can't she date? No one said she couldn't have companionship. Why must she live with Tom, Dick or Harry? What can't she ask Tom to submit to a criminal background check complete with fingerprints?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom'sGirl
    It's unfair to say "they didn't take the time necessary to get to know them"...........how long did you get to know your boyfriends when you were young, or your husband?

They didn't take the time.

As for me, while its none of your business, I'll answer your question. When I was a single parent, I knew the man that would become my second husband for one year before I even started dating him. I dated him for one year before he ever met my son and then married him two years after that. My son was nearly 10 years old at the time as well - old enough to be able to say if something had been happening.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying they should get to know the man BEFORE THEY EVER BRING HIM AROUND THEIR CHILD.

If parents don't put their children in situations where they can be hurt, they won't be hurt. I'm not saying everything is preventable, but having your child murdered in his or her own home because they allow men they've only known for a few months live in or watch their children, then that situation is preventable - 100% preventable.

I agree. But her child(ren) don't need to be involved and they certainly don't need to be living with them and/or babysitting.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying they should get to know the man BEFORE THEY EVER BRING HIM AROUND THEIR CHILD.

If parents don't put their children in situations where they can be hurt, they won't be hurt. I'm not saying everything is preventable, but having your child murdered in his or her own home because they allow men they've only known for a few months live in or watch their children, then that situation is preventable - 100% preventable.
    Sorry but you could date a man for months or years and still not know everything about them. There is NEVER a time that the man is going to tell you he likes to rape and murder a child so that is not preventable. My cousin knew her boyfriend for 2 months and he had NO prior child molestation or rape charges against him. I do not agree with her having Kaylee around him but that is her life and not mine to tell her what to do. And no one elses to judge her for doing that. She has suffered enough by losing her child and being called a bad mother is just WRONG!! This man did not live with her or watch Kaylee! There was no way for her to know that this monster would murder her baby.

Perhaps it is extreme. Why can't a young woman be responsible? Why before conceiving a child didn't she consider her support system? Why can't she date? No one said she couldn't have companionship. Why must she live with Tom, Dick or Harry? What can't she ask Tom to submit to a criminal background check complete with fingerprints?
    I actually have very conservative views on dating and marriage. What I hesitate to do is ASSUME that someone is being irresponsible when something bad happens. Just look at Laci. Sometimes things aren't what they seem and there are no warning signs unless you're playing monday morning quarterback.

I agree. But her child(ren) don't need to be involved and they certainly don't need to be living with them and/or babysitting.
    I agree with that, but I was also the mother who never went out unless my mom or sister could babysit. I have issues LOL.

Sorry but you could date a man for months or years and still not know everything about them. There is NEVER a time that the man is going to tell you he likes to rape and murder a child so that is not preventable. My cousin knew her boyfriend for 2 months and he had NO prior child molestation or rape charges against him. I do not agree with her having Kaylee around him but that is her life and not mine to tell her what to do. And no one elses to judge her for doing that. She has suffered enough by losing her child and being called a bad mother is just WRONG!! This man did not live with her or watch Kaylee! There was no way for her to know that this monster would murder her baby.

Of course no one else knows what's in someone's heart or their head. However, plain old common sense tells us that you're going to know someone a heck of a lot better in a few years than you would in a few months. As for your sister's case - there is a thread for that. I didn't mention her or that case on this thread. I'm speaking in general terms, not about a specific case.

I actually have very conservative views on dating and marriage. What I hesitate to do is ASSUME that someone is being irresponsible when something bad happens. Just look at Laci. Sometimes things aren't what they seem and there are no warning signs unless you're playing monday morning quarterback.

Yeah, but that's what were here to do!!

Speaking of the Peterson Case I was FURIOUS when I learned Amber allowed Scott around her young daughter ALONE! And I like Amber, but she certainly acted irresponsibly!

Speaking of the Peterson Case I was FURIOUS when I learned Amber allowed Scott around her young daughter ALONE! And I like Amber, but she certainly acted irresponsibly!

Me too.

I agree. While it is true too many mother's meet a guy then leave the kids with him without checking him out, it is also true that they can meet a guy, get to know him, finally introduce him to the kid, watch him around the kid......and still have something terrible happen. No matter how long they have known him.
    We have seen to many children murdered by their own parents- fathers and mothers. Parents that neighbors describe as very loving parents. Yet they still murdered. There is no way to tell sometimes...........unfortunately they don't come with tattoos on their foreheads saying I am going to kill someone one day.
    A young mother meets a charming, personable man. They date. He meets the family.....and her child. Only then can the mother really see how he is going to be around the child. You can't tell how a man will be with your child until they meet them. (maybe he is really bad with kids, maybe there is a personality thing, and maybe he is a very loving and generous person who truly loves kids and is good with them and for them). I am sorry, I cannot agree that a single mother should go into a nunnery, until her child reaches the age of 18. She could be denying that child a loving step-parent. She is denying that child the right to be a part of her life. She is denying the child a right to meet the people in her life, and to allow the child to develop their own relationships with people under supervision (an important part of their development).
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Of course no one else knows what's in someone's heart or their head. However, plain old common sense tells us that you're going to know someone a heck of a lot better in a few years than you would in a few months. As for your sister's case - there is a thread for that. I didn't mention her or that case on this thread. I'm speaking in general terms, not about a specific case.
    I have been on the thread about my cousin and I am voicing it in here as well wether you mentioned it or not. The reason I did mention my cousin is because your post is exactly what happened to her. There are kids whose own parents are murdering them so having known someone for years is not the case either.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast