1090 users online (213 members and 877 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    lppointerGuest

GA - Joella Reaves, 11, beaten & starved to death, Stockbridge, 1 Dec 2003

I just get so angry, when adults are hurting and killing are kids. They don't need a trial, they don't deserve a trial.:evil: when is it ever going to stop. When the killers have no rights, then it might stop, now they just get protected and some slimy hot shot lawyer bails them out if the fee is high enough.

These scum should be killed in the same fashion that they killed this innocent, defenseless child.

When I was in third grade back in the early 70's, a classmate was murdered by her parents. My little friend's name was Donita. She was there one day, gone the next. It was the first time there was not an explanation, not a reason, no answer to "WHY"?. I will never forget her, her face is etched in my mind, I see her on the playground, walking to school. A child's classmate's are part of their 'family'. And she died in vain. Nothing has changed all these years later! It is such a hopeless feeling.

I will never understand how someone can be so warped they do these evil things!!!!!!!!!!
    I pray this sweet child is at peace now and knows no pain!!
    this is just my opinion, it may be wrong, user beware!

More info on this... people "shocked" that this couple could have done this.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met.../05joella.html

WHEN are people going to learn that child molesters DO NOT have a stamp on their head saying what they do, baby killers wear sweaters & go to church, & "up standing" citizens kill their kids.

Unlike Linda Arndt (JBR case), you can't SEE murder in their eyes.

Wake up people.

How's the umbrella doing?

I live in the Atlanta area so I've been reading about this since they were arrested. I've been searching for one certain article but I can't find it. It seems the neighborhood children had been telling their parents that Joella had bruises on her. No one reported it. Also reported locally but not in the CNN article was that Joella's father had just gotten custody of her. Her real mother is deceased. It didn't say where she was before being put in that monster's care but it was sure better.

I'll keep looking for the articles.

Rodney Reaves has served in the U.S. Navy for 19 years, according to his attorney, Bruce Harvey. Harvey said Rodney Reaves had obtained legal custody of Joella this summer.
    http://www.news-daily.com/articles/2...news/news1.txt

Originally posted by AliSleuth
    It didn't say where she was before being put in that monster's care but it was sure better.
    It often is better and only the intervention of the state or well-meaning do-gooders makes things worse. One 14 year old girl was chained (literally) in the back of a van and was being rented out for twenty dollars. When "rescued" her first words were please don't send me back to the orphanage. It seems she didn't mind the man chaining her up or keeping all the money, she felt she was eating and living better than in the orphanage.

Toth, I think you're getting a little out of hand here. It has been said by many experts that children will beg beg beg to stay with their mom & dad irregardless of the severity of the abuse because they believe the abuse is deserved and are desparate to be loved by their parents.

Why are you here on Websleuths? It sounds like you believe there is no "bad" in the world, just "choices".

My 2 cents

Originally posted by blueclouds
    irregardless
    It sounds like you believe there is no "bad" in the world, just "choices".
    Not at all. 'Irregardless' is bad grammar, not merely a choice.

Please do not think I am not concerned about this incident. I've shown my concern by asking how damaged the umbrella is and whether the umbrella is getting better. So don't think I am unconcerned. I'll admit I'm not particularly concerned about the umbrella. If this had been a natural child of the accused I would say that the kid and the parents were pretty much all the same. I don't know much about the kid's life, but I rather doubt that there were no signs that something like this was going to be happening. Is it unfortunate? Sure: look at the taxpayer's money being wasted. But cheer up, if he gets booted out of the Navy, we won't have to pay him his pension while he sits in a cell.

"I've shown my concern by asking how damaged the umbrella is and whether the umbrella is getting better."

How much more hurtful CAN you be???

Originally posted by mindys
    "I've shown my concern by asking how damaged the umbrella is and whether the umbrella is getting better."

How much more hurtful CAN you be???
    Toth talks this way about a lot of the cases involving kids being killed by parents. I stopped trying to figure out what he is all about long ago.

Originally posted by Toth
    Not at all. 'Irregardless' is bad grammar, not merely a choice.

Please do not think I am not concerned about this incident. I've shown my concern by asking how damaged the umbrella is and whether the umbrella is getting better. So don't think I am unconcerned. I'll admit I'm not particularly concerned about the umbrella. If this had been a natural child of the accused I would say that the kid and the parents were pretty much all the same. I don't know much about the kid's life, but I rather doubt that there were no signs that something like this was going to be happening. Is it unfortunate? Sure: look at the taxpayer's money being wasted. But cheer up, if he gets booted out of the Navy, we won't have to pay him his pension while he sits in a cell.
    YOU ARE HEARTLESS! Do us all a favor........stop posting...........

thanks bee bee for the heads up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast