1231 users online (221 members and 1010 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Such utter BS to say they hadn't fed the baby because they were driving. So did they not changed the diapers of the other kids for all that time also? Did they not stop for bathroom breaks for themselves and to get gas?

When did they and the other kids eat that day? They checked in at the hotel so why not feed the baby then? Why not feed the baby before going in the restaurant? Or in the restaurant? Why leave the baby in the car seat while they gorged themselves?

I have to presume that this was HIS family that they were visiting because surely her family would have wanted to see the baby? It's a brand new baby, everyone loves meeting a tiny new one and oohing and ahhing over them!

The baby had lost 2.5 lbs in her 22 days of life. She had NO fat on her at all (and normal people, even underweight have some fat as that is normal). That tells me for sure that she was NOT being fed.

Oh and she had been dead for MORE than 3 hours before the parents called 911.
    Sickening!!!

And Tlcya? Im sure I saw this gorgeous baby on WS before. I also could have sworn we already had a thread on it. I remember that adorable little face in that picture. I searched again too and found nothing. Thanks to OkieGranny for posting it so that this angelic little one has a thread that we can find.

And was the mom breastfeeding or bottlefeeding?
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

mom claims breastfeeding. I imagine if hubby resented the result of her infidelity he would begrudge buying formula for it.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

To me, it's just not possible that the mother did not know this child was losing weight. The baby lost about 1/3 of her weight in her 22 days of life. Instead of beginning to fill out, get bigger and outgrow her tiny items of clothing, she was rapidly wasting away. This "mother" had 2 other children so she was not some inexperienced new mom who can claim ignorance.

If she was breastfeeding then I am also a bit puzzled. In those first few weeks, breasts are especially full and are painful if the baby does not eat. Also if the baby does not eat, the supply will dry up. If she is not feeding the baby, the milk dries up. I am wondering if her milk supply was drying up because it was obviously not being used by the baby as it should be. She had to know this. ( I am NOT at all saying that she did not have enough milk for the baby so it wasn't her fault. She clearly was NOT feeding this child as evidenced by the 13+ hour trip when the baby received no food.)

And the fact that the baby had been dead at least 3 hours - they checked into the hotel and then went to eat. Did she not check the baby at the hotel or when they pulled up to the restaurant. She obviously hadn't heard the baby cry for more than 3 hours or checked the baby in that time. Betsey was a newborn! They are notorious for not sleeping long periods of time. If my baby was sleeping, I STILL checked on him every few minutes just to make sure he was breathing ok, in a comfy position, etc. That's what parent's do!

Ok so they didn't feed the baby during the trip? The trip was OVER 13 hours long!! 850+ miles. Can YOU imagine going that long without food or even water? Meanwhile the chubby hubby looks like he hadn't missed a meal or snack in his life.

I am just so disgusted by these 2. And who in the he** was "the family" they were eating with? Why on earth would the family think it was ok that a newborn was left alone in a car like that!

Such a sad story. I am surprised that they are going for the DP on this but that tells me there are more tragic details to come. From what i understand, the way the baby looked was just devastating to the first responders and people who dealt with her case.
    Last edited by SwampMama; 03-30-2015 at 01:21 AM.
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

I suspect mom was only feeding baby occasionally by breast. As you decrease your output, you go through a few days of discomfort and then your milk dries up. I suspect that is what happened shortly after little punkin came home from the hospital. And then mom just stopped feeding her at all.

There is no way on earth that family did not stop to eat, to pee, anything so the no exit excuse is some bullcrap. No way those little ones in the car did not need potty breaks or changes themselves.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

I cannot even imagine. I think this is the third case I have read this year of a parent starving a small baby to death.

We all know how precious a baby's cry is when she is hungry. Would lack of food cause lack of energy, cause lack of ability to make much noise? Would this precious one have possibly been in a coma for a while? What a horrific way to die.

R.I.P. Little one She is now free in Heaven. She is now loved beyond measure. She will never be hurt again.
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son! "I will always be his father. On this earth I don't see him, but in heaven we'll be together," Metalwala said.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

1st-degree murder trial begins for parent of starved 22-day-old baby taken to Lakeland hospital

http://www.theledger.com/news/201711...eland-hospital

Lawyers for the state and for Stephens gave their opening statements to the jury Wednesday. Stephens, 51, is facing first-degree murder charges in the starvation death of his wife’s 22-day-old daughter in December 2014. His wife, Ruby Stephens, 26, also is charged with first-degree murder.

http://www.theledger.com/news/201712...eland-hospital

A 12-member jury deliberated less than an hour Wednesday before convicting Roy Stephens of first-degree murder in the starvation death of his wife’s 22-day-old daughter three years ago.

Stephens, 51, automatically was sentenced to life imprisonment, since prosecutors weren’t seeking the death penalty.
    http://www.newschief.com/news/201712...eland-hospital

Ruby Stephens, 26, also faces charges of first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse, and faces mandatory life imprisonment if convicted. No trial date has been set in her case.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2