AirCanada incident Halifax

Air Canada reporting aircraft exited runway upon landing.

As per the first link Yoda posted: sounds like a crash landing due to plane coming into contact with power lines and a wing broke off the plane. Not sure why CBC is downplaying the incident.

Just my opinion, but it's the worst airline in Canada, at least in terms of personal service, baggage handling, etc. I have to fly every month, and it's like a punch in the gut when I find that I have an AC segment.

I don't get the dark terminal. At the airport I work at, we have generators that kick on. We've gone dark before, but only for seconds.

Part of my job is to answer the "crash phone". It happens about once a week, but it is usually an aircraft coming in with an indicator light on and lands safely. My job is to dispatch what ever is needed to meet the plane. In the 15 years I've been doing this, we have not had an incident like that. (Thank heavens!) I am glad there were no serious injuries, although I'm sure the passengers were scared!

I hadn't heard anything about this after the initial report of a crash. Seems the plane tried to land 325 meters short of the runway? How does that happen? Even in bad weather, its an instrument approach I would assume. Then plane takes out the power line to the airport and then several of the airport's backup generators apparently malfunctioned. That was not a good night for anyone! Glad to hear no fatalities and mostly just minor injuries.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back