GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Noah Terry Thomas
Missing-boy-197x350.jpg

Missing Pulaski Boy
PULASKI (WSLS 10) The Pulaski County Sheriff's Office is looking for 5 year old Noah Terry Thomas who went missing Sunday morning in the 5400 Block of Highland Road in Dublin.

Noah was last seen wearing a camo jacket, black and yellow pants and spiderman rain boots.
http://www.wsls.com/story/28583346/missing-pulaski-boy
UPDATE MARCH 26, 2015

Body of missing Va. boy Noah Thomas found in septic tank
6:20 p.m. EDT March 26, 2015

Pulaski Co. sheriff confirms death of Noah Thomas; no one in custody
Web Staff, WDBJ7, news@wdbj7.com
POSTED: 12:47 PM EDT Mar 26, 2015 UPDATED: 06:31 PM EDT Mar 26, 2015

Thread #1
Thread #2

Just so that everyone is aware.. the timestamps on FB will appear according to the viewer's own timezone settings. For example, if you are not on EST the same as the people in VA, and say you are in California.. you will see timestamps as 3 hours earlier, so have to account for whichever timezone you are in before searching for a particular timestamped comment.

Sounds like the same comment , lost scent at the road.
Definitely showing 8.08 here (UK)...but could be the timestamp differences with FB commenting.

Do you think we'll really hear about the tip?

If it was a neighbor who observed something that they didn't report until the timeline opened up to support it, then no I don't think we'll hear. The tipster is getting blasted all over social media for providing the tip hours after the $5,000 reward was offered.

If the tip came from someone who was somehow involved, then I think we'll hear and that they will face charges, as well.

I think LE moved the sheds around to access the septic but not sure.

Hi Everyone..

Poor wee Noah....What a horrible ,tragic passing.

Thankyou everyone on here for all the info,links etc

I noticed in some comments on a newslink that was posted here on WS, on the day when Noah was found, that some people had been commenting to look in the septic tank or a well...seemingly they had commented a few times , well before he was found.....so maybe they phoned the tip line.

Link to news report and comment section .. MCB comment -march 26- 8.08pm
http://www.southwesttimes.com/2015/03/breaking-news-noah-thomas-residence-under-lockdown-3/

The comment at 4:08pm indicates that people had been talking about Noah possibly being in the septic. I just went through every SWT article about Noah and not one commenter mentions this possibility. Maybe she was referring to the "public" at large but I haven't seen many speculations out there about the possibility BEFORE Noah was found.

The Sherrif did say at some point that the armchair legal analysts have suggested LE look somewhere in particular but that he wanted a valid reason why. Maybe this is what he was talking about?

From the 3/26 presser during the questions' phase the Sherrif answers...

...Armchair legal analysts want us to search a certain area, I ask them why. If you can, tell me why?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Pulaski-22-March-2015&p=11626654#post11626654

This was from the morning press conference on the day Noah was found.

I am going to refrain from passing judgment on anyone until the Sheriff gives us more information.

Since so many links have been supplied about accidental deaths due to septic tanks it does show me accidents like this can happen. What floored me is how many have happened. Even adults have died from falling through when the septic tank lid itself cracked opening up like a monster who swallows people whole.

Also after reading I have learned that if the person steps on just one side of the manhole cover for the riser that it can flip open dropping the person into the tank and once the pressure of the person is off of the lid it uprights itself and lays in a flat position as before.

But what does bother me is the look of this manhole riser cover. It has designs that are somewhat like a turtle shell so a child could pick it up and play with it as a shield since it is only suppose to weigh 2 pounds. Imo, they should not make these covers in the designs they do because children are already curious as to what is under lids anyway, but with this design they may try to take it off in order to play with it. That is a dangerous concept imo.

Also anything made of plastic can become brittle from the environment and age. If it is brittle then the 8 screws will also become unattached as the plastic may crack being subjected to cold and hot weather.

We don't have these kind of septic systems where I live. Nothing to the septic tank is showing. Everything, including the access cover, full lid, and tank is all recessed into the ground about a foot deep of sod, and thick grass covering it. The only way people even know that may be the septic system is the grass tends to be greener over the tank stretching out to the leech field lines further in the yard.

As far as rumors. In the last 10 years or so with social media becoming an instant access for rumor mills, I have learned to pay them no mind.

Rumors are not evidence. And often when the case has the truth come forward all the hurtful mean spirited rumors did not come to fruition. Sadly it seems more and more relish in putting out negative thoughts especially about parents in these kind of situations, and want to be nothing more than attention seekers. I saw it first hand with Elizabeth Smart, Greone children, Jessica Lunsford, when the two girls were murdered beside the road in OK and so many more cases involving children. Rumors swirled like crazy blaming the parents or grandparents immediately yet in the end when truth overcame rumors the families were nothing more than hurting grief stricken victims who had lost their loved one's due to someone else's evildoings. It has taught me to be very cautious about accepting any rumors as truth.

If a human being purposefully did this to precious Noah, I hope they are punished to the fullest extent the law will allow... no matter who they may be.

:rose: Noah's dates June 26, 2009 ~ March 26, 2015 :rose:

I wondered if the tip about the septic was simply from the land owner. Perhaps he decided to walk the property again and noticed the disturbance in the sod. It has been my experience with cutting and removing sod, if it is not tamped and watered in when replacing it, it will start to dry back on the edges after a few days. Then an OMG moment and a call to LE that they "need to look" in the septic.

just a speculative thought.

:cow:

The comment at 4:08pm indicates that people had been talking about Noah possibly being in the septic. I just went through every SWT article about Noah and not one commenter mentions this possibility. Maybe she was referring to the "public" at large but I haven't seen many speculations out there about the possibility BEFORE Noah was found.

The Sherrif did say at some point that the armchair legal analysts have suggested LE look somewhere in particular but that he wanted a valid reason why. Maybe this is what he was talking about?

From the 3/26 presser during the questions phase the Sherrif answers...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Pulaski-22-March-2015&p=11626654#post11626654

This was from the morning press conference on the day Noah was found.

If someone, anyone, had suggested a place that HAD NOT BEEN SEARCHED, does there need to be any reason other than it had not already been searched??? Seriously, the sheriff seems to have a bug up his butt, but that's just my opinion.

I wondered if the tip about the septic was simply from the land owner. Perhaps he decided to walk the property again and noticed the disturbance in the sod. It has been my experience with cutting and removing sod, if it is not tamped and watered in when replacing it, it will start to dry back on the edges after a few days. Then an OMG moment and a call to LE that they "need to look" in the septic.

Just to add to your thought I read it was reported that LE checked the septic tank twice and did not find Noah.
Then the tip came in.
LE then drained the septic tank and found him.

Maybe LE never checked the septic tank/did not know about it/or saw the lid and thought no way could a child access it??

I want to put my hopes that LE was detailed in their search and they did check the septic tank right away...but then why did they not drain it ?
It took a tip to have them drain the septic tank...humm..

Just to add to your thought I read it was reported that LE checked the septic tank twice and did not find Noah.
Then the tip came in.

Maybe LE never checked the septic tank/did not know about it/or saw the lid and thought no way could a child access it??

I want to put my hopes that LE was detailed in their search and they did check the septic tank right away...but then why did they not drain it ?

Exactly. I can walk outside right now, removed the (pipe-sized cap, as the manhole cover is buried) cap and CHECK my septic tank. The only thing I can tell from doing this is how full it is and whether or not I need to consider having it emptied. The level of the liquid is the only thing I can tell from "checking" my septic tank.

ETA: I just ran this theory by my husband - funny how we get them involved - and he said, perhaps you could see a body by peering inside, IF THE BODY WAS FLOATING. I had not considered a body might be floating. That would bring a new thought to mind; would the body be weighted down?

I was so alarmed to learn about so many abandoned septic tanks that I plan to research our own land to see if there was ever another dwelling on it at some other time.

When we bought our acreage it was an empty plot but now I am realizing that doesn't mean it always was.:(

I don't know why I never even gave this a thought before Noah's sad tragic case.

Like one article said there is a law now in place that any abandoned septic tank must be crushed and filled in with dirt but who knows how many have really been done lawfully. And what about all the other septic tanks put in way before this law was enacted?

I do know when my brother bought his land and built his home there had been an existing older septic tank on it but he had to have a 1000 gallon tank due to having four bedroom and 2.5 baths and this one was only 750 gallons so the septic tank provider did crush the old one and filled it in with dirt. I would like to think all septic tank businesses would do it the correct way and I hope they do.

Then the tip came in.

Well, in defense of LE, if they did look in the septic tank it doesn't sound like they'd even have see anything since it had to be drained to find him.

Another thought regarding the tip - what if it came from their own investigation. For instance, did they have a search warrant for the home? Maybe they took the computer and found someone was searching, "How to hide a body in a septic tank"...hey stranger things have happened! :) Just thinking out loud.

The answer I lean most towards is what you all have speculated - that someone either remembers seeing activity around the septic tank (at night perhaps) and finally put 2 an 2 together and called it in, OR if the cover was buried beneath sod then they noticed the disturbance and called it in.

Maybe the FBI suggested they look in there again.

Then the tip came in.

I have not seen that reported anywhere. I'd love to see it because it doesn't sound credible IMO. This cover was buried according to a former tenant of the house per one of our members, in addition to the reporter who tweeted that she walked the property and saw that it was under the grass and dirt. SO if that is true, searchers would not even know the lid was there if the grass looked intact.

At this point though, all of what we have on the cover being accessible or not is all hear-say.

I wonder if the lid was exposed. We had septic in one house we lived in. Our cover showed but it was a heavy slab of concrete. My ex was always working on it because the previous owners neglected it. The kids used to run away when it was opened; due to how bad it smelled. I do wonder if someone had been working on the septic there. I'm thankful they did go back to really check in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts