652 users online (76 members and 576 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

TX - Carol Luckey, 35, Buna, 22 March 2015

Carol Denise Luckey - Finding Carol Luckey Facebook Page - Carol Luckey Facebook Page

MISSING: Carol Luckey
    Carol Denise Luckey was last seen March 22 at her home. Ms. Luckey’s mother returned on 03/23/2015 to find Ms. Luckey’s vehicle in yard unsecured with her keys, cell phone, and purse in the vehicle. The purse was strewn about and the sunroof open. Last contact was a text conversation between Ms. Luckey and a person named “Blankenship” on 03/22/2015 that was heated. Officers found some articles of clothing that belongs to the MP in a wooded area adjacent to Ms. Luckey’s residence.
    https://www.facebook.com/texasequusearchandrecovery
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Carol Denise Luckey was last seen March 22 at her home. Ms. Luckey’s mother returned on 03/23/2015 to find Ms. Luckey’s vehicle in yard unsecured with her keys, cell phone, and purse in the vehicle. The purse was strewn about and the sunroof open. Last contact was a text conversation between Ms. Luckey and a person named “Blankenship” on 03/22/2015 that was heated. Officers found some articles of clothing that belongs to the MP in a wooded area adjacent to Ms. Luckey’s residence.
    She had a texty fight, her purse was "strewn" about and clothes were found in a wooded area nearby? And the purse, keys and phone were all still in the unlocked car. Sounds like someone met her in the driveway. Oh dear, that cannot be good!

From the Buna Beacon newspaper FB page:
    https://www.facebook.com/bunabeacon

According to friends and family, 36-year old Buna resident Carol Luckey has been missing since Sunday, March 22, 2015. A missing person's report was filed Wednesday. She was last seen at her home in Cougar Country. Family members arrived at the residence to find her vehicle, cell phone, purse and wallet, but no signs of Luckey herself. Luckey's three children are being cared for by grandparents at this time.

They sure waited a long time to conduct a search with obvious signs of a struggle.
    http://www.kjas.com/news/local_news/...84a646a88.html
    The Jasper County Emergency Corps was called out on Sunday morning and a ground search began.

Accordng to her MP facebook page, they "found her flipflops this morning and law inforcement found her sun glasses this evening. Will resume search in morning with an infrared chopper."

It was noted in comments that footprints found appeared as though she was running toward 1004, from someone. There must be multiple sizes/shapes of footprints.

Oh no, this doesn't sound good at all.

The sad thing about the whole world is the thought that went through my mind reading this. I actually caught myself thinking that this family
    is lucky because it seems they will find her quickly versus months of agonizing what ifs to come to the same conclusion. I feel so horrible for her children.

Wide-spread search begins for missing Buna woman
    JASPER COUNTY, TX (KTRE) - Today, the Jasper County sheriff's department called in reinforcement for the search Carol Luckey, 35, of Buna.

Her mother reported her daughter missing after coming home to find her daughters purse emptied on the floor, car still in the drive-way, but carol was nowhere to be found.

For two days the Buna community has joined together in search of Luckey.

"She was seen in this hunting club last Sunday around 5:45 p.m,” said Jasper County Sheriff Mitchell Newman.
    http://m.ktre.com/ktre/db_330602/con...tguid=fnDyCxuY

This is a scary one. :-(

Born and raised in Texas, 25 years in Arizona
    The Equusearch founder says the added volunteers provide strength in numbers on this difficult terrain.

"It's pretty rough,” said close family friend Andrea Rife. “They've been wanting us to search at least a hundred feet off the roadway, on every road. It's so thick out here with sticker bushes."

A bare footprint was found in the mud, just a mile past where Luckey's flip-flops lay in the woods.

"It gives you a whole lot of hope that maybe she is just down the road and maybe we can find her,” said Rife.

Luckey's family and friends both admit this is highly unusual behavior.

"With the circumstances, it is kind of unexpected,” said Rife. She would not have left her purse. She would not have left her cell phone. There's a lot of unanswered questions that the family is looking for.”
    http://www.ktre.com/story/28644046/w...ing-buna-woman

Whatever was said in the heated text is the key to this. Blankenship is a pretty common LAST name in Texas. I think there is a really good chance they have traced the text to whoever owns the phone she was texting back and forth with.

This person would know nothing about it, of course, and is going to force them to find her without any help. I don't think there is much doubt she was being chased and pursued through the woods.

I don't think the cops are going to release much more information until they manage to find her, but I'd bet they already have a good idea what happened and who was involved. This sounds like a relationship squabble to me. I notice there has been virtually nothing brought up in regards to her personal relationships, whether it be a current boyfriend or an ex-husband.
    Last edited by steelman; 03-30-2015 at 04:41 AM.

Her car was parked as if she had just pulled up. Why was her purse dumped out? In a wooded area next to her home, they found articles of clothing, her flip flops, and her sunglasses. It sounds like someone met her when she pulled up, and she was robbed. Then, he forced her to the wooded area. Does the area look like a squabble occurred there?

What caused LE to believe she then fled on foot? And then a footprint was found in the mud pretty far from home. If only one footprint, how do they know she was running, and why do they think she was chased?

Finding a footprint one mile away isn't really convincing me it was Carol's footprint. It kind of feels like after the wooded area, she was the taken by vehicle to a different location.

Born and raised in Texas, 25 years in Arizona
    There's a lot of pieces missing to this story.....probably by design.

I'm wondering if the perp came back after the chase and went through her stuff right there in the driveway. It's also possible she was scrambling through her purse looking for some mace, pepper spray, or some other weapon in an attempt to fend off an attack, thus the dumping it out in disarray right there inside the car.

After having read a bunch of articles this morning, it sounds as though they are pulling out all the stops in an effort to find this woman, including calling in Texas Equusearch. I'll bet they have her located in the next 48 hours.

Yikes. This does not look good.
    IMO

The very idea of being chased for up to a mile is scary right out of a horror flick. I am so frightened for this lady, even if it isn't her footprints so far away. Everything else, the car and her clothing, all of it is so scary. I don't know what to think.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast