SIDEBAR #48 - Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm first!! Or I think I am! I am queen for the day!

Spellbound I am sorry to read about your mother. I lost my mother in 2003. I can sympathize with each of you who are going through such a sad time. Godspeed and God bless.

:gaah: Tried to answer a closed thread... shoot! :gaah:

Good morning all! :wave:

a few comments from the last thread:

YESoNO said:
Don't forget- that Medicare takes $109 out of your SS check each month.

(And don't forget the 1.5 % or so cost-of- living increase each year in your check- always a pleasure )

Old is good.

But! If you get a "minimum" total amount each year - you won't have to pay the $109 for Medicare - I don't!! :happydance:

ILikeToBendPages said:
Morning Niner, are you and your family the ones that came to America from Lithuania during WWII?

I'm a grandma four times over with my son. Lily Ann is my great great niece. New mom said that when she was at the dr. for a check up there were two other Lily Ann's there. They had to call them by last name.

Does anyone else have a wide margin to their right this morning? A lot of wasted space or Plus is blocking big ads?

Josie, my prayers are with you for you and your family. A mother is hard to lose. I lost mine at age twenty two. She had just turned forty four.

YESorNo, thank for all the laughs your 10,000 post have brought, and help keeping us in the loop on motions and such.

Bernina no offense - you just wear me out some days. When you list your chores or projects for that day, I am amazed at all of the energy you have.

I retired several years ago and get my ss which is a small amount, but it's money (a person the other day noticed a penny on the sidewalk and walked away. I picked it up and said wow I'm a penny richer than I was a moment ago. She gave me a dirty look.), and I'll get half of my husbands when he retires in two years. He loves to get his senior discount on everything he can.

First - my parents escaped from LATVIA (the country above Lithuania) in October of 1944 on a small fishing boat with 18 other people. I'll post a picture of a boat similar to what they escaped on. I and my older brother and younger twin sisters were born in Sweden, where their boat took them to. Had an older sister only 6 months old when they escaped, but died on the crossing of the Baltic Sea. I wrote a small novella called "Escape" about my parents escape from the Soviet Union. :loveyou: Thank goodness! Can't imagine growing up in a communist country as my cousins did... :scared:

Ricki said:
To the poster that shared the information about the arrow making the screen larger, thank you. I came on before and had a half screen of threads. Not to easy to read in that format.

Your quite welcome! :seeya:

Great funnies YESorNO :lol:

Okay - off to read some of my other threads! See you all later!

:wave:

Here's the a boat similar to the one my parents escaped on...

Attachments

• boat taken by parents.jpg
    boat taken by parents.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 546
What courage your parents had. I always like to think I would do what I had to do but sometimes I wonder if I could really be a strong as that.

Dear Spellbound, I am so sorry to hear of your mother's passing. Blessings and Hugs to you.

:gaah: Tried to answer a closed thread... shoot! :gaah:

But! If you get a "minimum" total amount each year - you won't have to pay the $109 for Medicare - I don't!! :happydance:

BBM: Can you please elaborate on this?! I'm paying for Part B.

TIA :thinking:

PS - Your parents were very courageous!

Spellbound,
No need to respond - just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Please take care.
:hug:

So sorry Spellbound :hug:
May she rest in peace :candle:

[video=youtube;2MVRdrIbDgQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MVRdrIbDgQ[/video]

Deepest sympathy to you and your family Spellbound. I am so sorry for your loss, and so glad you had time to spend with your mom at the end. Xo

Spellbound, I'm sorry about your Mother. May God Bless you and your family, she is Sheltered in the Arms Of God now.

Dear Spellbound, I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers of comfort and peace for you.

So sorry Spellbound :hug:
May she rest in peace :candle:

[video=youtube;2MVRdrIbDgQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MVRdrIbDgQ[/video]

Y/N, this is absolutely perfect. So beautiful. Thank you very much. If we can, I would like to use this during mom's service.

Thank you everyone for all your kindnesses.

Spellbound, I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your dear mother. Such a dark place, and I hope that you can find light, and celebration of her life, from your family and friends to get you through the tunnel of darkness. And keep in mind, WS is open for you to visit and :grouphug: 24/7. Let us know if you venture to a jury room for comfort... I'll head there to be with you as will others

Spellbound, my heartfelt sympathy for you and your family on your Moms passing. I am so sorry.

Spellbound, I am sorry to learn of your Mom's passing. You are in my thoughts.
Always remember: Your WS friends care.
HUGS,
Chelly

Sending loving thoughts your way, Spellbound.
:heartbeat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member