780 users online (135 members and 645 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Eloi Vasquez, 19, Los Angeles, 28 Mar 2015

Eloi Vasquez - Eloi Vasquez's Facebook Page

Berkeley Student Reported Missing After Leaving Party At USC
    LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — A University of California freshman who was last seen at a fraternity party at USC early Saturday morning has been reported missing. Eloi Vasquez, 19, who is also a member of the Bears’ men’s soccer team, left the party at the Tau Kappa Epsilon fraternity house on 28th Street at 1:30 a.m., saying he was going to the beach, according to his mother. Vasquez called a friend in Berkeley at 2:18 a.m., and said he was lost. Concerned friends have not been able to make contact with him since.

According to the Los Angeles Police Department, Vasquez did not have any money nor an identification card with him when he left the party.
    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/...-party-at-usc/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Why would he go to the beach alone at 1:30 in the morning? Are beaches even open then? If he called and said he was lost, this must have been an area he wasn't too familiar with. Was he on foot when he left the party? If he didn't have an ID card with him, then he wouldn't have had a drivers' license.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

I have to wonder whether or not alcohol or some other substance was involved. I have a feeling that he just needed some time to himself and he'll turn up okay very very soon.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...297937371.html

Eloi Vasquez, 19, walked out of a fraternity house in the 600 block of West 28th Street at about 1:30 a.m. with only his cell phone in hand. His friends tried to get him to come back to the party but he told them over the phone he "was going to the beach."

Vasquez then called a friend in Northern California at 2:18 a.m. and told her he was lost, he was "screwed," his mother Wendy Margolin said.

Truly hope he is ok. Bright future Eloi seems to have. Reviewed his FB, not much, but seems this story is getting some press in MSM.

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    I have to wonder whether or not alcohol or some other substance was involved. I have a feeling that he just needed some time to himself and he'll turn up okay very very soon.
    I hope that you're right but I don't have a very good feeling about the call to his friend saying he was lost.

So the closest beach is about 30 minutes driving or approx 15 miles from fraternity houses near USC. I wonder if he mentioned to his friend how he was going to get there? Where was he lost? Hopefully his last known gps signal before the phone went dead, will lead to Eloi.

The area surrounding USC is quite dangerous, too.

This is not going to end well, I'm afraid. The area surrounding USC is VERY dangerous. And there is no beach anywhere near there, no way to get there at that ungodly hour without a car. He would be very vulnerable walking around that part of LA alone. Lots of ****s with guns around there looking for people to rob.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Per the friend that he talked to early that morning he had been drinking. They had a twelve minute conversation. He wanted her to come get him, she was up in Berkeley. Via the news tonight.

If he said he was going to beach from frat parrty..one would think he knew where beach was. Or the alcohol and perhaps unfamiliarity of frat locale set in. Did he live far from frat party?

Quote Originally Posted by monkey222 View Post
    If he said he was going to beach from frat parrty..one would think he knew where beach was. Or the alcohol and perhaps unfamiliarity of frat locale set in. Did he live far from frat party?
    He lived in Berkeley so that's roughly six hours from LA. I'm thinking he was impaired by alcohol, how else to explain walking by yourself at night headed for the beach. Hopefully the phone can lead to finding him soon.

Vasquez called a friend in Northern California shortly after 2 a.m., telling her he was lost and in trouble. She said no one has been able to reach him on his cellphone.

"He pretty much said, 'I need you to come over here, I need help.' I asked him 'Where are you?' and he told me that he was in LA and that he didn’t know where he was at and that he was lost," the friend, Aurora Cardenas, told NBC Los Angeles. "The second time he called it just clicked. I didn’t know if his phone died, or if he hung up."
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/30...angeles-party/

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast