Identified! FL - St Petersburg, WhtFem, 14-17, pushed into traffic, Jun'73 - Janice Young

emory76

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I'm sorry if this has already been discussed. I tried to search to see, but could not find anything already posted on it. This is a 14 to 17 year old female that went by the name Janice Brock, but obviously that's not her real name. She was believed to be a runaway. She was pushed in front of a moving car by a guy and died at the scene. No one has ever identified her. Does anyone know about this case? I was just curious.

Case File 381UFFL

:rolleyes:

Were witnesses able to describe the man? I wonder if maybe she was involved in prostitution and he was the pimp. It is so sad when you have a young person that no one claims.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/381uffl.html
On June 9, 1973, this unidentified child was pushed in front of a moving vehicle in St. Petersburg, Pinellas County, Florida, and died at the scene, at 11 Avenue & 8 Street S. in St. Petersburg. According to witnesses, she was involved in an altercation with a black male prior to being pushed into the path of the vehicle.
She was new to the area, and was believed to have been a runaway from an unknown location. She had been living in the area for a few weeks prior to death and was believed to be a runaway associated with drug related activity.

New info found.

First of all, she had another alias, Janice Marie Bromke.
Also, she may have been from Virginia or NC. I think she was from Cherry Hill,NJ and I will explain why in a minute.

A 24 yo man named Lawrence was charged in her death right after the incident.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=NL8MAAAAIBAJ&sjid=JGADAAAAIBAJ&pg=5936,2097037&dq=janice+bromke

I believe this is the same Lawrence (teddy)
http://www.sptimes.com/2002/05/12/SouthPinellas/Gulfport_looks_north_.shtml

Found him on knowx marrying this Katie.

Dont know if he was convicted.

Anyways, so I ran Janice Bromke. First of all there are only 9 Bromke's on ssdi. Not a common name.

Well it seems that there was a Dorothy born 1923 died 1997, google news shows she has a daughter named Janice listed but it doesnt show where she is. Dorothy was married to Bruno he died in 1996. Bruno had a son named (suprise) Bruno, who was a doctor and died suddenly in 2003 at age 58, he has a daughter named Janice who lives in NY, I have her married name dont want to print it here.
SO..... I believe that Janice Marie Bronke is our Janice and that her brother Bruno named his daughter after his sister.
I also believe that this was a prominent family and the stigmatism that Janice ran away made them refrain from persuing her missing.
Also, I have found that alot of info is missing on many of our cold cases that I looked up on this google news website. I am not sure why this name was omited and if this is Bruno and Dorothy's daughter it makes me sad that they have passed on as has the possible brother.

Hey, I just found a pic on myspace of a direct relation to this bromke family (the othe janice is her cousin,her uncle was the younger Bruno that died) and she looks like the Janice girl! OMG. Same little elfy ears and blue eyes.

I think you are right on with this. I agree with you that Bromke is likely her real name.
Have you contacted anyone?

I sent a message on my space to the direct cousin of this family that I found. Would like to see if there was a Janice Bromke missing in her family back in the 70's before I contact LE.

No,

She hasn't been logged in since Oct 22.

Hope she checks her myspace soon, I am really anxious to know but on the other hand if this is a relative it will be sad news for the family.

Nice Work!
It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

I clicked on the link in the OP and it brought up a home page for doe.us. Was there a picture of the UID?

Sleuthster - I really think you are onto something hear. I hope you get a response. I might contact LE now too. Wouldn't hurt and they might have access to info the general public is unable to obtain.

Sleuthster - I really think you are onto something hear. I hope you get a response. I might contact LE now too. Wouldn't hurt and they might have access to info the general public is unable to obtain.

I agree.

Hi,

Just an update. I sent 2 messages on myspace to 2 different possible relatives and I heard back from one. I told him I was sincere and he wanted to know who I was so I told him I was harmless ;)

He said that he is 24 and wasnt even around in 1973 but would ask his dad and grandparents.

I think contacting LE would be premature if this is a dead end BUT like I said before Bromke is not a common name so where would she have gotten this from? And there is another Janice. LE thinks I am batty in Pinellas anyways from sending them other leads hehehe:woohoo:
Sometimes, I think, hey maybe I am.LOL

Also, we had a thread on here about checking school records for free. I ran her name and it came up with someone with that name born in 1958. This would make her 15 in 1973 and that would be right on the mark. I could not find any other info on that site though, unfortunately.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back