1101 users online (211 members and 890 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

IN - Jesse Mills, 38, Bedford, 30 March 2015

Jesse Mills

Police looking for missing man
    (BEDFORD) - Lawrence County Police are searching for 38-year-old Jesse Mills.
    Mills was reported missing by his mother on Sunday.
    According to police, Mills was last seen by a friend when the vehicle he was in ran out of gas on Donica Church Road early Sunday morning. The friend had left Mills with the vehicle to go find help. When he returned to the vehicle, Mills was gone and has not been seen since.
    http://www.wbiw.com/local/archive/20...ed-missing.php
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

I just deleted my prior post.

In re-reading, it was not Mill's vehicle apparently, it was the friend's vehicle. So maybe he decided to leave and go somewhere else?

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Police, family seek missing man
    JUDAH — A man missing since Sunday has his family and law enforcement concerned for his safety. Both are asking for help in looking for him.
    Bill Mills last saw his brother, Jessie, around 1 p.m. Friday. Jessie, who was believed to be driving his mother’s pickup truck, was last seen by someone else in the early morning hours of Sunday. The truck was found abandoned shortly after midnight Sunday in the Judah area, according to Lawrence County Sheriff Mike Branham.
    http://www.tmnews.com/news/local/pol...38aca690e.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

It would be strange that he would just abandon his mother's pickup truck after it ran out of gas, especially if a friend went to get help. It seems like he would contact someone for help or get gas and go back and get the truck. There are so many missing people these days that it's just plain scary.

If he wasn't near the town itself it's pretty desolate there. Houses are few and far apart. The White river runs close to there, lots of woods. Not a place I'd want to be on foot. My daughter lives close to there.

I wonder who the "someone else" was who saw him Sunday a.m.

Friend story doesn't add up. How did he know Jesse was out of gas? If Jesse had called the friend, the friend would have brought gas with him and not needed to go get "help". Smells like foul play. I wonder if LE verified truck was out of gas. Can we tall about mom's facebook in regards to Jesse missing info, not sleuthing. Not sure it's allowed so I won't post what I read there. Sadly it doesn't appear media is updating the story.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.

Were the friend and Jesse out driving together when the truck ran out of gas? The friend left to get help and Jesse stayed with the vehicle?
    That's what this sound like to me.
    According to police, Mills was last seen by a friend when the vehicle he was in ran out of gas on Donica Church Road early Sunday morning. The friend had left Mills with the vehicle to go find help. When he returned to the vehicle, Mills was gone and has not been seen since.

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    Were the friend and Jesse out driving together when the truck ran out of gas? The friend left to get help and Jesse stayed with the vehicle?
    That's what this sound like to me.
    Well, nothing adds up here.

JUDAH ó A man missing since Sunday has his family and law enforcement concerned for his safety. Both are asking for help in looking for him.
    Bill Mills last saw his brother, Jessie, around 1 p.m. Friday. Jessie, who was believed to be driving his motherís pickup truck, was last seen by someone else in the early morning hours of Sunday. The truck was found abandoned shortly after midnight Sunday in the Judah area, according to Lawrence County Sheriff Mike Branham.
    I cannot wrap my head around the timeline. Whose truck was it, that run out of gas? Jessie's mom's or the friend's? If Mom's, how comes they run out of gas early Sunday morning, yet it was found shortly after midnight? If the car in question belonged to the friend, how comes the mom's truck ended up abandoned in the Judah area? Didn't Jess leave it on the friend's property/wherever they started their journey? That Donica Church Rd seems to be pretty far from the town centre, for someone walking by foot. Hmmm...
    Another thing: dear locals, how is the cell reception in the area? I've been thinking... why to walk in the darkness, in quite rural area, God knows how far, when you can call a friend and ask him to bring some gas?
    What do you fear most... in the world?
    The possibility that love is not enough
    Twin Peaks

Quote Originally Posted by Hexe View Post
    Well, nothing adds up here.

I cannot wrap my head around the timeline. Whose truck was it, that run out of gas? Jessie's mom's or the friend's? If Mom's, how comes they run out of gas early Sunday morning, yet it was found shortly after midnight? If the car in question belonged to the friend, how comes the mom's truck ended up abandoned in the Judah area? Didn't Jess leave it on the friend's property/wherever they started their journey? That Donica Church Rd seems to be pretty far from the town centre, for someone walking by foot. Hmmm...
    Another thing: dear locals, how is the cell reception in the area? I've been thinking... why to walk in the darkness, in quite rural area, God knows how far, when you can call a friend and ask him to bring some gas?
    Cell service is spotty there. Sometimes you need to move around to get service.

Truck was in Jesse's mom's name but Jesse was driving it. Mom states jeans, boots, and keys found on April 2 but still no Jesse. Divers searched river bottom on April 4 according to same website as above. Nothing else out there. Media isn't doing a good job.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.

A subscription is required to read this entire article so I didn't. The public portion:

Jessie Mills still missing
    Cell phone last used 8 miles from where SUV was found
    Posted: Friday, April 10, 2015 1:59 pm | Updated: 2:59 pm, Fri Apr 10, 2015.
    http://www.tmnews.com/news/local/jes...b9891f497.html
    JUDAH ó Itís been two weeks since Jessie Millsí family last saw him, and police continue to search for him every day.
    ďIíve been here for 17 years, and I canít remember (a missing person case) quite like this,Ē said Aaron Shoults, Lawrence County chief deputy. ďUsually how they go, is in a few days, you find the person somewhere, and thereís no problems or issues. I canít remember one quite like this since Iíve been here.Ē
    3 comments & more if you subscribe.

Jesse Mills Found Dead In Little Salt Creek
    Updated April 16, 2015 7:40 AM
    http://www.wbiw.com/local/archive/20...salt-creek.php
    "We have been out in that area for the last 16 days," (Sheriff) Branham added. "His body was discovered around 4 p.m. in about waist-high water in Little Salt Creek."
    <snip>
    An autopsy was performed today and found Mills drowned.
    "There was no sign of injuries to the body," Branham added. "We were able to make a positive identification from his tattoos. Nothing was revealed other than he drowned. We are now waiting on the results of a toxicology report.
    RIP Jesse.