Ads now in threads

Softail

Reaction score
I was just browsing a few threads. Now we have ads inserted into each thread? Is this permanent? :waitasec:

Correct that she did not mention. Yet since she spent time in her post discussing re reimbursing folks, I just "assumed" and made a guess . :dunno:

Not sure if this is due to the new extra ads in the thread layout - but,

my refresh, or going from one page to the next is hindered each time (or almost each time)
with a stop script error. I have to stop script in order to continue (I could debug, bug only choose to stop)
It seems to happen on the Acura Ad.

This happened before, was having trouble with the AT&T Ad holding up the page.

Only have this problem here at Websleuths.

Correct that she did not mention. Yet since she spent time in her post discussing re reimbursing folks, I just "assumed" and made a guess . :dunno:

That's how I saw it too. Doesn't bother me one bit, few ads is a small price to pay for the awesomeness that is WS. The bills gotta be paid somehow. JMO

Not sure if this is due to the new extra ads in the thread layout - but,

my refresh, or going from one page to the next is hindered each time (or almost each time)
with a stop script error. I have to stop script in order to continue (I could debug, bug only choose to stop)
It seems to happen on the Acura Ad.

This happened before, was having trouble with the AT&T Ad holding up the page.

Only have this problem here at Websleuths.

Sorry about your trouble. There must be something in the ad code. We'll contact the ad company and let them know. Again, I am so sorry.

Earlier today there were ads in-between the posts, several on a page. Now, the ads seem to have completely disappeared. sighhhh, dare I hope it is back to normal and will stay this way? :crossfingers:

Sorry about your trouble. There must be something in the ad code. We'll contact the ad company and let them know. Again, I am so sorry.

No problem, well, maybe an inconvenience but again, it's ok.
Just letting you know.
It will all come together, no worries.
Thanks for the reply.

That's how I saw it too. Doesn't bother me one bit, few ads is a small price to pay for the awesomeness that is WS. The bills gotta be paid somehow. JMO

Agree! And actually, having an ad within the threads isn't as intrusive as other options that have been floated.... just was a shock this am

:blowkiss: Tricia. So many benefit in so many ways through this site... above and beyond what websleuths stated purpose is. I've made so many connections over the years, bonds with others virtually that blossomed outside of websleuths (e.g. those on the Caylee thread, the Jodi thread), and have met folks in RL from here also.

There is a saying that Paul Sanders had on his facebook posts... durn if I can remember it right now... ok found it.... “Every good relationship that has developed as a result of this trial is the manifestation of the Spirit of Travis Alexander.”

^^^^ Many of us here feel a bond, and have developed online/rl relationships with OTHER posters and is the manifestation of the Spirit of those we have posted for on Websleuths Tricia!

:tyou:

and those that support and volunteer for you! Dave is doing a great job and kudos for him being soooooooooo responsive and understanding that if blurt out stuff.... he takes in stride and knows and understands we are reacting. A special :blowkiss: for Dave the IT guy!

Agree! And actually, having an ad within the threads isn't as intrusive as other options that have been floated.... just was a shock this am

snipped by me/BBM

DON'T listen to ATL. She didn't mean what she said. She probably is having a bad day. Ads in the posts is worse than on the side/top/or bottom. Just ask me. I am right. Five ads interspersed in the posts is worse. (but I can deal with ads, if needed --- just not within the posts, arrgh)
:giggle:

snipped by me/BBM

DON'T listen to ATL. She didn't mean what she said. She probably is having a bad day. Ads in the posts is worse than on the side/top/or bottom. Just ask me. I am right. Five ads interspersed in the posts is worse. (but I can deal with ads, if needed --- just not within the posts, arrgh)
:giggle:

:giggle: :grouphug: lmao!!!!

Good day here, 'cept having to mow my lawn as down south is growing where as YesOrNo is still having snow :laughcry: and durn if it's not the WEEDS that are taking over my yard are the only thing growing

Five ads in one thread... Omg... didn't realize that that might be due to my 200 posts per page. You have that too?

Perhaps a survey... there was a poster on the Jodi trial who did lots of surveys lately....

In the meantime... :giggle: and :grouphug: see you on our normal thread to trout slap if ya want

ETA: Tricia and IT...we are just funning with each other yet disagree xoxoxox!

:giggle: :grouphug: lmao!!!!

Good day here, 'cept having to mow my lawn as down south is growing where as YesOrNo is still having snow :laughcry: and durn if it's not the WEEDS that are taking over my yard are the only thing growing

Five ads in one thread... Omg... didn't realize that that might be due to my 200 posts per page. You have that too?

Perhaps a survey... there was a poster on the Jodi trial who did lots of surveys lately....

In the meantime... :giggle: and :grouphug: see you on our normal thread to trout slap if ya want

ETA: Tricia and IT...we are just funning with each other yet disagree xoxoxox!

I can only get 50 posts max per page.... :whine: but I can live with that, but it made ads interspersed annoying.

I can live with the ads, if I have to, also...... but ....... y'all will hear me :tantrum: more often.

ATL, I do adore you ... :loveyou:, and it feels so much better to try to laugh than to be miserable. I won't even feel the trout today, should you be so inclined. hehee......... WS sure is family!

Until I figured out that the ads were within posts on a thread and not the bottom of the page :D, I was fine with the format. I don't mind most of the ads and, in fact, have found some great sites that I wouldn't have come across otherwise. The only ad that I didn't like was a nuisance pop-up for Zales jewelers that showed up in the center of a blank page. Tricia experienced this, as well, but it's no longer an issue.

Thank you Dave! :bow: They are gone!

My ads were gone yesterday afternoon --- they came back to torment me today. I come to an ad and think I am at the bottom of a page -- and discover more posts and more ads. I am soooo confused. :doh::dunno: (no fault of WS, though. It has been a stressful week)

:peace:

Earlier today there were ads in-between the posts, several on a page. Now, the ads seem to have completely disappeared. sighhhh, dare I hope it is back to normal and will stay this way? :crossfingers:

Today I'm seeing ads in-between every five or six posts but no longer see the side ads (there's only one on the main page).
Is this the new normal?

Plus I instructed my computer to accept cookies from WS (this is correct, right?).
In my address bar there's a picture of a cookie with a red X over it.
I'm not sure why or what has changed - is this my or WS settings?

I do like the tufted sofa though but prefer a neutral color. :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unimog
Back