http://pix11.com/2015/03/31/nypd-fil...brooklyn-girl/

When 19-year-old Lorraine Snell was found strangled in the back seat of a station wagon in September 1980, her grieving mother remembered the kindly investigator from the Kings County District Attorney’s office who used to visit her. “He showed up at the house and he said he is working on Lorraine’s case,” Pearl Snell-Holder recalled recently, speaking of investigator,Wayne Tennent. “He constantly was calling me, and I thought he was helping me.”

Now, nearly 35 years after her daughter was buried — and with no arrest ever made — Snell-Holder is reeling from revelations that one of the NYPD case folders is missing, that Tennent was never assigned to the case by the District Attorney’s office, and that he tried to get access to lab reports more than 25 years after the murder — after he had retired from the DA’s office...

Tennent told PIX 11 Investigates that he showed interest in the Snell investigation because he’d briefly met the young legal secretary when she used to deliver files to the District Attorney’s office in 1980. But Snell’s mother and sister remain bothered by Tennent’s comments about two persons of interest in the case: James Burrus and his wife, Barbara. Barbara Burrus was Lorraine’s cousin. The two grew up together.
http://pix11.com/2014/10/29/staten-i...-34-years-ago/

Bishop James Burrus wasn’t expecting a visit from PIX 11 Investigates when we knocked on the security gate of his By Divine Purpose Christian Center on Delafield Avenue recently. It’s been 34 years since NYPD detectives first questioned him about the strangulation of 19-year-old Lorraine Snell, a legal secretary from Brooklyn who was related to his then-wife...

Burrus, now 58, was the last known person to see Lorraine Snell alive on Sept. 25, 1980.

The 19-year-old had left her mother’s home on East 39th Street in Brooklyn to make plans for an engagement party at the Midwood Terrace, which used to be located on Flatbush Avenue. A bartender there told police she saw Lorraine Snell leave with Burrus, who was trying to walk her home in the rain. Snell was said not to be interested.