842 users online (173 members and 669 guests)  

Websleuths News

Desperate teens sell themselves on eBay

Looking for a little extra spending money, two college-bound teenagers decided to sell a week of their time to the highest bidder on the Internet auction site eBay.

The teens hoped for fortune and adventure, but got neither. When the auction closed Monday, the teens learned the winning bidder - a St. Joseph resident - had offered a mere $246.50 for their services.

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/24hour...11098207c.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I wish someone in my area would do that. I'd love to have two 19-year olds come over and wash my windows, pull weeds from the yard, clean out my garage, etc. I think $250.00 would be a bargain!

First, they auctioned off a week of their time online for a fraction of what they had hoped to make. Then, college-bound students Chip Davis and Chris Pullen learned the identity of their eBay “buyer”: Davis’ mother, Mary.

“Like I’m going to let some pedophile or whatever win? I don’t think so,” she said Friday. “I would have paid $5,000 for the safety of those two—no question.”
    http://upn34.com/watercooler/waterco...227105255.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight