OK - Michael Jackson's alligators, crocodile 'boiled to death' in blaze

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
The story at Daily Oklahoman link below:

Michael Jackson's alligators, crocodile 'boiled to death' in blaze, Oklahoma animal sanctuary owner says

WYNNEWOOD — Authorities suspect an arsonist is to blame for a fire that left seven alligators and a crocodile “boiled to death” last week in this small Garvin County town.

Joe Schreibvogel, founder and spokesman of the Garold Wayne Interactive Zoological Park, told The Oklahoman on Tuesday he suspects his longtime enemies – rogue animal rights activists – are behind the fire, which allegedly was set in the early morning hours of March 26.
---
much more at the link

Kerouac and Burroughs; Wiki:

And the Hippos Were Boiled in Their Tanks

---
The book's title allegedly comes from a news broadcast, heard by Burroughs, about a fire at a circus during which the announcer broke into hysterics on reading the line, very likely the Hartford Circus Fire, which took place on July 6, 1944.

"That was [from] a radio broadcast that came over when we were writing the book. There had been a circus fire and I remember this phrase came through on the radio: 'And the hippos were boiled in their tanks!' So we used that as the title."

In a 1967 interview for The Paris Review, Kerouac agreed with the basis of the story but claimed the fire was at the London Zoo.
---

I really do not believe that a animal rights group would cause harm or kill animals.

Watching this guy's video made the day after the fire, I find it interesting that he doesn't seem to upset about it. He seems more interested in capitalizing on the fire.

[video=youtube;blyg-J5vMlM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blyg-J5vMlM[/video]

I really do not believe that a animal rights group would cause harm or kill animals.

Not on purpose, but something may have gone wrong.

The phrase "the hippos were boiled in their tanks" is certainly horrendous, but practically speaking I doubt it is any worse than being burned at the stake--something we used to do to humans quite regularly. No consolation to the hippos (or gators or crocs), of course.

I agree I can't imagine an animal rights group burning animals alive intentionally.

Having said that it is common knowledge that PETA has euthanized a LOT of highly placeable puppies and kittens given to them to rehome. PETA has always been against the keeping of companion animals.

I agree I can't imagine an animal rights group burning animals alive intentionally.

Having said that it is common knowledge that PETA has euthanized a LOT of highly placeable puppies and kittens given to them to rehome. PETA has always been against the keeping of companion animals.

Thank you, Sonya. I knew that but didn't have the courage to start an argument about it. I don't have a link handy, but I have seen figures that show PETA (and the Humane Society, for that matter) euthanize more than "a LOT"; in fact, they euthanize MOST of the animals they "rescue".

To me, such actions are just crazy. DOMESTIC cats and dogs are just that: domestic. Although we may have domesticated the dog in the distant past, there is plenty of evidence that cats "domesticated" US. LOL.

Thank you, Sonya. I knew that but didn't have the courage to start an argument about it. I don't have a link handy, but I have seen figures that show PETA (and the Humane Society, for that matter) euthanize more than "a LOT"; in fact, they euthanize MOST of the animals they "rescue".

To me, such actions are just crazy. DOMESTIC cats and dogs are just that: domestic. Although we may have domesticated the dog in the distant past, there is plenty of evidence that cats "domesticated" US. LOL.

In some areas the Humane Society also acts as animal control so euthanasia is the only option.

In other areas the Humane Society brags about being "no kill" because instead of killing the animals, they simply send them to the city pound to be killed. The Atlanta Humane Society supposedly does NOT cater to Atlanta area pets, they actually take in cute "adoptable" puppies from other areas and send most of the local dogs to the city pound to be killed.

If it were up to me instead of filling mass graves at the dump with the bodies of shelter animals they would be filled with dog/cat breeders. I get very emotional on that topic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back