Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Noah Terry Thomas
Missing-boy-197x350.jpg

Missing Pulaski Boy
PULASKI (WSLS 10) The Pulaski County Sheriff's Office is looking for 5 year old Noah Terry Thomas who went missing Sunday morning in the 5400 Block of Highland Road in Dublin.

Noah was last seen wearing a camo jacket, black and yellow pants and spiderman rain boots.
http://www.wsls.com/story/28583346/missing-pulaski-boy
UPDATE MARCH 26, 2015

Body of missing Va. boy Noah Thomas found in septic tank
6:20 p.m. EDT March 26, 2015

Pulaski Co. sheriff confirms death of Noah Thomas; no one in custody
Web Staff, WDBJ7, news@wdbj7.com
POSTED: 12:47 PM EDT Mar 26, 2015 UPDATED: 06:31 PM EDT Mar 26, 2015

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3

ADMIN WARNING:

Facebook rumors, bashing the parents, and posting accusations about the parents will result in a suspension of your posting privileges. No questions asked.

Thank you kindly for the bright shiny new thread.

Thanks Bessie. (I got locked out, LOL)

ETA: O/T Hey by the way weren't you a Super Moderator? #Thatsagiven

So congrats on your promotion?

moo

No news I assume. I hope this doesn't end up another unsolved/unresolved case like Dylan Redwine. :(

In Australia we had a husband Gerard Baden-Clay who was named as a person of interest but it was only after his wife's funeral he was arrested. LE even bugged the flowers on Allison's coffin and there was a strong/respectful police presence. There were 3 children in the marriage who attended the funeral with their father and family.
Would this be the case so the surviving children aren't traumatised?

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/gerard-badenclay-charged-with-murder-20120613-209z7.html

The only thing I want to say about the parenting discussion is that when I think of parents who have experienced the loss of a child I can think of no greater heartbreak.
My 2 girls, thanks be to God, now 21 and 25 never were a struggle for us. My wife just said that tonight. We never struggled with them. We don't know what happened. It's like we woke up one day and they were grown up wonderful young women.

People judge parents so boldly and so cruelly on social media it disgusts me. When I think about parents I admire, I think about the parents of Morgan Harrington, Of Hannah Graham - who, sadly, by her death has "saved the next girl" From that guy at least. The Mother of Christina Morris. WOW. The mother of the girl kidnapped and held hostage in NH impressed me. Yes we know some parents who are guilty.
We don't know that in this case.

Please let's just be kind.

moo #soapbox

The only thing I want to say about the parenting discussion is that when I think of parents who have experienced the loss of a child I can think of no greater heartbreak.
My 2 girls, thanks be to God, now 21 and 25 never were a struggle for us. My wife just said that tonight. We never struggled with them. We don't know what happened. It's like we woke up one day and they were grown up wonderful young women.

People judge parents so boldly and so cruelly on social media it disgusts me. When I think about parents I admire, I think about the parents of Morgan Harrington, Of Hannah Graham - who, sadly, by her death has "saved the next girl" From that guy at least. The Mother of Christina Morris. WOW. The mother of the girl kidnapped and held hostage in NH impressed me. Yes we know some parents who are guilty.
We don't know that in this case.

Please let's just be kind.

moo #soapbox

Here, here. Well said, sir, your consideration and posts. It's hard for me to have an opinion, as a person who raised me like my mom drowned by accident. I think I may know a little of what Noah's parents and his family especially are going through. One of our family's toddlers fell in water too. His brother saw him go in and couldn't save him, and there's one more death from accidental drowning close to us, too. It's of course the most outgoing, fun loving, brightest people one remembers. It's just so hollow for a while and you keep loving them without it hurting as much. Changes everything and you get stronger as a family, learn to value things differently to cope.

Here, here. Well said, sir, your consideration and posts. It's hard for me to have an opinion, as a person who raised me like my mom drowned by accident. I think I may know a little of what Noah's parents and his family especially are going through. One of our family toddlers fell in water too. His brother saw him go in and couldn't save him, and there's one more death from accidental drowning close to us, too. It's of course the most out going, fun loving, brightest people one remembers and it's just so hollow for a while and you keep loving them without it hurting as much. Changes everything and you get stronger as a family, learn to value things differently to cope.

You know, and let me just say my heart goes out to you, those life experiences and that kind of sensitivity, and moreover that kind of empathy, is what makes people like you valuable in looking at cases like this one and having a mind that can see many sides objectively. It is a gift. It is hard to see sorrowful experiences as a gift, but I think that it is not what hardens you, but what softens you to be open to the needs and the feelings of others.

Bless you.

Thank you for the blessing, Steleheart, but my objectivity is questionable, as I tend not to aim for it out of habit.

It is not the worst habit one could have. It is the most likely the result of being humble .

It is not the worst habit one could have. It is the most likely the result of being humble .

It's a challenge trying to compliment a humble person.

In fact I may have mentioned how happy I am with my progress in my quest for humility.

Wait...

:laughing:

OK So back to the case;

<snipped>
"Noah Terry Thomas wanted to be a farmer when he grew up. He loved all types of food, but birthday cake was his favorite. He never met a child that he didn’t make his friend, and more than anything, he loved his family and being a big brother."

<snipped>
"First responders, such as Pulaski County sheriff’s deputies and members of the Virginia State Police, were present at the funeral and burial. Upon entering the church, law enforcement officers walked up to Noah’s casket and placed patches representing their division on the top."

http://www.roanoke.com/news/local/p...cle_ad479019-7b05-5c38-93cf-660dbb70bc35.html

I am just sad and that is OK. I think whatever details come out, I have felt since Friday, that the sheriff understood it and just did not want to detract from this important memorial. To not rob these parents of their right to grieve properly for their child.
I am not making a judgment and neither is he.

Not right now.

I am awaiting the toxicology report, but you know, it may end up being a private family crisis.

#justmyopinion #makinguphashtags

:cow:

Thanks Bessie. (I got locked out, LOL)

ETA: O/T Hey by the way weren't you a Super Moderator? #Thatsagiven

So congrats on your promotion?

moo
Thank you! I've been an admin for months, but the Site Leaders page wasn't updated. Lol

Is it possible another child was involved? as in another very young child. Maybe it was a dare gone wrong - a hide and seek game with horrible consequences and the child, intially scared that they would be held responsible, kept it to themselves. Maybe this is why they had such a detailed tip off without an arrest or maybe the child's mother found Noah's Pokemon cards in the child's room and questioned them further. I don't know why but I have a feeling if another person was involved, it was a child (as in 5, 6 or 7 years old) it would explain the privacy etc. I just truly believe that if LE suspected an adult, family or otherwise, they would have moved in regardless of the funeral/memorial. Noah deserves justice above all.

My heart goes out to Noah's family and the devastated community he has left behind. R.I.P little guy.

Here's hoping that a new day brings new info. At the rate we are going we are all going to be in t/o before the results are back and CoD is released if it doesn't happen soon, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WSLS &#8207;@wsls 19m19 minutes ago
Now on WSLS: expecting more about #NoahThomas death,

Possibly something coming out today about his death? I hope so. JMO

WSLS &#8207;@wsls 19m19 minutes ago
Now on WSLS: expecting more about #NoahThomas death,

Possibly something coming out today about his death? I hope so. JMO

Great, that sounds promising! Now I just need to find my remote and the local news channel.

I have three children. Two girls and then a boy. Do not ever let people tell you raising a boy is no different than girls. While my girls were happy doing Mommy things, dolls, doll houses, playhouses, dressing up pretty, actually using a swing set for swinging and a sliding board for sliding, my boy was quite the adventurer. From the time he was eight months old when he learned to climb out of his crib bed and learning to walk at nine months, he was a climber. Mommy spent the next twelve years on her toes. I never knew what to expect next. Trying to climb the tallest tree, finding a way to the top. The top was where he wanted to be. I remember things like him walking the top of fence rails, climbing on top of outbuildings, the barn loft, the top of the swing set, climbing the sliding board backwards instead of sliding down it. One time, while I was feeding, I looked around to find him riding on my most unruly nanny goat. Adventurous, daring, fearless! Are boys like that? Yes they are. I'm sure I'm the survivor of many mild heart attacks. I'm pleased to say he has grown into a fine young man, by the grace of God! A struggle? No. Challenging? Definitely.

Could little Noah have been an adventurous little boy like that? I would guess highly possible. I didn't know him, just going from my own experience with raising a little boy.

I have three children. Two girls and then a boy. Do not ever let people tell you raising a boy is no different than girls. While my girls were happy doing Mommy things, dolls, doll houses, playhouses, dressing up pretty, actually using a swing set for swinging and a sliding board for sliding, my boy was quite the adventurer. From the time he was eight months old when he learned to climb out of his crib bed and learning to walk at nine months, he was a climber. Mommy spent the next twelve years on her toes. I never knew what to expect next. Trying to climb the tallest tree, finding a way to the top. The top was where he wanted to be. I remember things like him walking the top of fence rails, climbing on top of outbuildings, the barn loft, the top of the swing set, climbing the sliding board backwards instead of sliding down it. One time, while I was feeding, I looked around to find him riding on my most unruly nanny goat. Adventurous, daring, fearless! Are boys like that? Yes they are. I'm sure I'm the survivor of many mild heart attacks. I'm pleased to say he has grown into a fine young man, by the grace of God! A struggle? No. Challenging? Definitely.

Could little Noah have been an adventurous little boy like that? I would guess highly possible. I didn't know him, just going from my own experience with raising a little boy.

I think this is more about personality than genitals. My two boys are as different as night and day & 2 of my nieces make the rowdiest of boys look like a walk in the part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member