Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
53b33943c00c4.preview-300.jpg

Erin Corwin

Body of missing Marine wife Erin Corwin found; alleged lover arrested
Posted: Aug 18, 2014 12:05 PM CST Updated: Aug 18, 2014 9:56 PM CST
By David Gotfredson, Field Producer - Video Report By Marcella Lee, Anchor/Reporter

TWENTYNINE PALMS, Calif. (CBS 8) - The alleged lover of a missing Marine wife was arrested after an extensive search ended in the discovery of the woman's body in a mine shaft several miles from Twentynine Palms.

Authorities located the body of Erin Corwin, 19, about 140 feet below ground Saturday afternoon using video equipment and recovered it early Sunday evening. A forensic odontologist positively identified the body at 9:30 p.m. Sunday.

According to the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department, Corporal Christopher Brandon Lee, 24, was arrested in Anchorage, Alaska late Sunday night for Corwin's murder.
Erin Corwin Murder Suspect Pleads Not Guilty
By Johnny Dodd
updated 08/26/2014 AT 08:30 PM EDT
•originally published 08/26/2014 AT 06:55 PM EDT

Christopher Brandon Lee, the man accused of murdering his alleged lover Erin Corwin, pleaded not guilty Tuesday to first-degree murder with a special allegation of lying in wait.

http://www.hidesertstar.com/news/article_30d113d0-016a-11e4-8d32-001a4bcf887a.html

Family members are asking for help from the public to locate 19-year-old Erin Corwin, who has been missing from her home on board the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center since 7 a.m. Saturday, June 28.

According to information provided by the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department, Corwin’s husband reported her missing on Sunday, June 29. Corwin is reported to be three months pregnant, according to the sheriff’s department.

According to her sister-in-law, DeeAnna Heavilin, Corwin left in her 2013 Toyota Corolla on her way to Joshua Tree National Park and has not been seen or heard from since... The vehicle, she said, later, was found on Valle Vista Road.

http://www.kmir.com/story/25916449/public-help-sought-in-case-of-missing-woman

She's described as 5-foot-2 with light brown hair. She was last seen about 7am Saturday morning.

Her sister tells KMIR NEWS that Corwin was apparently on her way to Joshua Tree National Park to look for a campsite for a future trip there.

http://www.kesq.com/news/woman-reported-missing-in-twentynine-palms/26746852

The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department and Joshua Tree National Park Rangers began an extensive search by air and on the ground. The San Bernardino Sheriff's Homicide Detail was also called in to assist with the investigation.

Media, Map & Timeline

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12

I hope the judge rules in prosecution's favor to allow that evidence in. Praying for justice for Erin, Truthbeknown and all of the family.

I will post the tweets from today's hearing and also minutes too

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Brett Kelman @TDSbrettkelman · 2h 2 hours ago

About to head into court. Will tweet updates every chance I get. #ErinCorwin

Expecting a marathon court hearing, all day today and likely tomorrow.

Lee is now in court. He has long hair and a scruffy beard. No longer high and tight. In shackles. Hearing about to start. #ErinCorwin

First witness is Jon Corwin, husband of #ErinCorwin. He's now out of the Marines, training to be a welder in Tennessee.

Brett Kelman @TDSbrettkelman · 1h 1 hour ago

Jon Corwin says Chris Lee was his friend, until he discovered the affair. When #ErinCorwin vanished, that friendship was rebuilding.

The day after #ErinCorwin vanished, Jon Corwin and 30 Marines searched J-Tree for her. They found nothing.

On the day of her disappearance, #ErinCorwin's internet search history shows she was looking at homes in Alaska. Chris Lee is from Alaska.

The last time Jon saw #Erin Corwin: 7am, she was headed to J-Tree Park. "I told her I loved her. She gave me a kiss and then she left.

Jon Corwin says he was unaware that #ErinCorwin's affair was continuing. Prosecutor: "Were you and Erin trying to work it out?" Jon: "Yes."

Brett Kelman @TDSbrettkelman · 57m 57 minutes ago

#ErinCorwin's text about trip with Chris Lee: "“He said the location is only half the surprise ... He’s not sure how I’m going to react.”

Brett Kelman @TDSbrettkelman · 58m 58 minutes ago

Jessica Tretham is now reading texts #ErinCorwin sent shortly before she vanished. Final words to a close friend.

Jessica Trentham has a soft voice, classic southern accent. Seems nervous. Not surprising; court testimony can be terrifying. #ErinCorwin

Jessica Trentham knew that #ErinCorwin was suppose to go hunting with Chris Lee on the day of her disappearance. That was a big clue.

Next witness is Jessica Trentham, a friend of #ErinCorwin. She was key to the case against Chris Lee, because she knew about the affair.

Jon Corwin cross examination was light. Mostly questions about vehicles, the first day of the search. His testimony is over #ErinCorwin

The day after #ErinCorwin vanished, Jon Corwin and 30 Marines searched J-Tree for her. They found nothing.

Brett Kelman @TDSbrettkelman · 34m 34 minutes ago

Trentham says #ErinCorwin said that, although the desert trip was a special day, it was also a hunting trip, so Chris Lee will bring his gun

Brett Kelman @TDSbrettkelman · 38m 38 minutes ago

Again, cross-examination is very soft. Mostly about how text messages work. Second witness is done. #ErinCorwin.

Brett Kelman @TDSbrettkelman · 50m 50 minutes ago

This testimony is surreal. Via text message, #ErinCorwin is describing being lured out into the desert, clueless. @MyDesert

Brett Kelman @TDSbrettkelman · 52m 52 minutes ago

#ErinCorwin, in texts: “It apparently takes two hours just to get there. A long slow drive. Good talking time, though.”

Brett Kelman @TDSbrettkelman · 53m 53 minutes ago

Witness, describing conversation: “Basically, I asked if it possibly could be an engagement ring. … She said maybe. With a lot of !!!!!."

Brett Kelman @TDSbrettkelman · 53m 53 minutes ago

Witness, reading texts: “I seriously don’t know why he would drag me to a very special place … for a dumb surprise." #ErinCorwin

Brett Kelman @TDSbrettkelman · 56m 56 minutes ago

#BREAKING Text messages reveal #ErinCorwin thought Chris Lee was taking her into the desert to propose. Police think he killed her instead.
4 retweets 1 favorite

Brett Kelman @TDSbrettkelman · 8m 8 minutes ago

During cross examination, witness admits she can't remember many of the details of that coyote conversation. Just what Chris Lee said.

Brett Kelman @TDSbrettkelman · 13m 13 minutes ago

Witness, a neighbor, says Chris Lee spoke about hiding bodies multiple times. "More times than I can account." #ErinCorwin

Brett Kelman @TDSbrettkelman · 13m 13 minutes ago

Witness says Chris Lee said he would dig a hole, then put a coyote corpse on top of the body to mislead search parties. #erincorwin

Brett Kelman @TDSbrettkelman · 15m 15 minutes ago

Witness says Chris Lee often spoke about killing. "He said he had the perfect way to hide a body. That he could easily kill somebody."

Brett Kelman @TDSbrettkelman · 21m 21 minutes ago

Neighbor says she once walked in on #ErinCorwin and Chris Lee kissing. Told Lee's wife, Nicole, months later.

Brett Kelman @TDSbrettkelman · 23m 23 minutes ago

Next witness is a neighbor of the Lees and Corwins. Didn't catch her name. It was like letter soup.

Brett Kelman @TDSbrettkelman · 2m 2 minutes ago

Another witness says Chris Lee told him he was going to "blow up a mine shaft" with a propane tank. #ErinCorwin was found in a mine shaft.

On the day she disappeared, Marine wife Erin Corwin texted a friend that she thought Christopher Brandon Lee was going to propose to her in the High Desert.

"'He said the location is only half the surprise ... He's not sure how I'm going to react,'" Corwin's text message to Tretham read.

"Basically, I asked if it possibly could be an engagement ring," Tretham told those in court. "She said 'Maybe.' With a lot of exclamation points."

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2015/04/02/chris-lee-erin-corwin-hearing/70822386/

Now hearing testimony from Deputy Danny Millan, who first responded to #ErinCorwin's disappearance.

Brett Kelman @TDSbrettkelman · 1m 1 minute ago

Millan testifies that Chris Lee denied knowing #ErinCorwin. That is far from what others have said, that they were friends and lovers.

Brett Kelman ‏@TDSbrettkelman 10m10 minutes ago

#BREAKING Testimony about propane tank ties Chris Lee to mine shaft where #ErinCorwin's body was found. Lee may have tried to blow it up.

Brett Kelman ‏@TDSbrettkelman 12m12 minutes ago

Official just testified that they found a propane tank in the mine shaft with #ErinCorwin's body.

Brett Kelman @TDSbrettkelman · 3m 3 minutes ago

Chris Lee court hearing is breaking for lunch. Testimony resumes at 1:30 p.m. I will be here. #ErinCorwin

thank you, emiusacska. and thanks to Bret Kelman for tweeting all the fascinating testimony.

@moonbeams after the lunch break will post a lot of tweets again. Will put a recap article if there is one

Thank you for the recap. wow, just wow.

Brett Kelman @TDSbrettkelman · 4s 4 seconds ago

Detective says propane tank, found in mine shaft with #ErinCorwin, was tied to a "climbing rope." Matches rope found in Chris Lee's Jeep.

Brett Kelman @TDSbrettkelman · 25s 25 seconds ago

So now we have the propane tank and the rope -- both linked to Chris Lee -- found in the mine shaft where #ErinCorwin was found.

Poor girl...He is such a ...Must have been so proud of himself for duping her so completely.

And poor Jon...How devastating to find out what was going on behind his back...

Brett Kelman @TDSbrettkelman · 49s 49 seconds ago

#BREAKING Due to decomposition, autopsy was unable to determine if #ErinCorwin was pregnant or not.
s

Autopsy revealed #ErinCorwin also had a fracture on the back of her skull, and a broken collarbone. Injuries may have been before death.

Brett Kelman @TDSbrettkelman · 5m 5 minutes ago

Detective says he later found a similar homemade garrote device in Chris Lee's Jeep. #ErinCorwin

Police also found a homemade wooden torch at the bottom of the mine shaft, with the propane tank, climbing rope and #ErinCorwin's body.

Brett Kelman @TDSbrettkelman · 39s 39 seconds ago

#BREAKING Detective says there was a homemade garrote, made from nylon cord and rebar, wrapped around #ErinCorwin's neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni